Table of Contents
The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. Candidates applying for AFCAT must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Indian Air Force. AFCAT salary and details regarding allowances and job profile are released in the official notification. The aspirants can visit official website to download it and apply for AFCAT recruitment.
AFCAT 2022 Job Profile
It is very important to know about the job profile before a candidate applies for any post. The amount of the stipend will be Rs 56,100/ per month (Starting pay for Level 10). This will be paid to men and women during the last year of your training period at any of the Air Force Training Institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Job Profile for the 3 branches in the AFCAT are different. Candidates who are aiming to earn a vacancy in specific posts can check the job profile and responsibilities that are listed below.
AFCAT Flying Branch
- Operate and look after fighter planes with the combat.
- Transportation of ammunition tasks.
- Transportation of material.
- Air support and supplies.
- Helicopters are in service for casual and emergency situations.
AFCAT Ground Duty (Tech)
- Maintenance of all technical tools and equipment of aircraft.
- Responsibility for managing the technicians who are already qualified.
- Make sure the technicians are being provided with the required equipment and tools for the job consisting of RADAR, Aircraft, etc.
- Technical officers must be able to perform aeronautical engineering, weapons, communication systems, avionics, etc.
- Handling of the aircraft service.
- Technical processes and management in the aircraft.
AFCAT Ground Duty (Non-Tech)
- Administration of Air Traffic Controller and Fighter Controller.
- Accounts of the department.
- Logistics of the department.
Promotions for AFCAT are applicable to the first three ranks on the basis of the timeline. Promotions for other posts will be done based on the job and according to how the positions get vacant.
- If an individual has served for 3 years in the Flying Officers, they will be promoted to Flight Lieutenant. To qualify for promotion they will have to undergo a departmental test.
- If an employee completes 6 years of service, they will be ranked as the Squadron Leader.
- Technical officers who are engineers, will be given the seniority of 2 years for the purpose of promotion and pay which will be compared to the Indian Air Force officers.
- It is mandatory for all officers to attend the ‘C’ examination which consists of General Knowledge and post concerning topics for Departmental promotion and to seek promotion in ranks.
The Salary for each branch will be different according to the Indian Air Force. The Annual Package is listed below for each department, as per the 7th pay commission.
- Flying Branch – INR 8 – 10 Lakhs
- Ground Duty (Tech) – INR 7-9 Lakhs
- Ground Duty (Non-Tech) – INR 7-9 Lakhs
The starting salary for all employees who are selected for the various posts is given below. Candidates can understand what is the sum amount they would receive while joining the Indian Air Force.
- Flying Branch – INR 85,372/-
- Ground Duty (Tech) – INR 74,872/-
- Ground Duty (Non-Tech) INR 71,872/-
Candidates will also receive additional benefits and allowances which are included in the in-hand salary given to the employees.
Post Wise Salary
The salary structure of the AFA officers will also be different as per the posts. Candidates can understand what is the sum amount they would receive while joining the Indian Air Force.
Salary Per Month
|Ground Duty (Tech)||
|Ground Duty (Non-Tech)||
AFCAT 2022 Allowances
The allowances depends on the post one is applying for.
|TA ( For X Class Cities)||7,200|
|DA on TA (28%)||2,016|
Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. One will get revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes. You can download the app free of cost and join the class. It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.