Attention Kerala PSC aaspirants!! Kerala PSC LDC Mains Syllabus and Exam pattern released. Lower Division Clerk (LD Clerk) examination is one of the most popular and highly competitive recruitment tests in Kerala. Kerala Public Service Commission usually invites applications from the eligible candidates in an interval of three years to fill the Lower Division Clerk (LDC) position across various departments. Here we are bringing you the Kerala PSC LDC syllabus and exam pattern 2021.
Kerala PSC LD Clerk Mains Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2021
Kerala PSC LD Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Duration of the exam: 01 hours 15 minutes
LDC Mains Mark Distribution – Topic-wise
|Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning||10|
|Regional Language (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil)||10|
|General Knowledge Subjects||Mark Distribution|
|Arts, Literature, Culture, Sports 5||5|
|Kerala – Governance, and System of Administration||5|
|Indian Constitution 5||5|
|Life Science and Public Health 6||6|
|Basics of Computer 3||3|
|Important Acts 5||5|
Kerala PSC LDC Mains Syllabus 2021
Candidates can expect the questions from the following topics:
1. General Knowledge
(i) History (5 Marks)
- Kerala – Arrival of Europeans-Contributions of Europeans- History of Travancore from Marthanda Varma to Sree Chithirathirunnal- Social and Religious Reform movement- National movement in Kerala- Literary Sources of Kerala History- United Kerala Movement- Political and Social History of Kerala after 1956.
- India – Political History- Establishment of the British- First War of Independence – Formation of INC- Swadeshi Movement- Social Reform movement- Newspapers – Literature and Arts during the freedom struggle – Independence Movement & Mahatma Gandhi – India’s independent – Post independent period – State reorganization – Development in Science, Education, and Technology – Foreign policy.
- World – Great Revolution in England- American War of Independence – French Revolution- Russian Revolution – Chinese Revolution- Political History after Second World War- UNO and other International Organizations
ii) Geography (5 Marks)
- Basics of Geography – Earth Structure – Atmosphere, Rocks, Landforms, Pressure Belt and Winds, Temperature and Seasons, Global Issues Global Warming- Various forms of Pollution, Maps- Topographic Maps and Signs, Remote Sensing – Geographic Information System, Oceans and its various movements – Continents, – Nations and their specific features.
- India – Physiography- States and its features, Northern Mountain Region, Rivers, Northern Great Plain, Peninsular Plateau, Coastal Plain, Climate – Natural Vegetation – Agriculture – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources, Transport system – Road- Water- Railways- Air.
- Kerala – Physiography- Districts and its features – Rivers- Climate – Natural Vegetation – Wildlife – Agriculture and research centers – Minerals and Industries – Energy Sources – Transport system – Road – Water- Railway- Air
(iii) Economics (5 Marks)
India: Economy, Five Year Plans, New Economic Reforms, Planning Commission, Niti Aayog, Financial Institutions, Agriculture – Major Crops, Green Revolution, Minerals.
(iv) Indian Constitution (5 Marks)
Constituent Assembly – Preamble – Citizenship – Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles – Fundamental Duties – Structure of Government – Important Constitutional Amendments (42, 44, 52, 73, 74, 86, 91) – Panchayati Raj – Constitutional Authorities and their Functions – Union ListState List – Concurrent List.
(v) Kerala Governance and System of Administration
Kerala -State Civil Service, Constitutional bodies, Various Commissions, Basic facts of Socio-Economic Commercial Planning and Policies, Disaster Management Authority – Watershed Management – Employment and Labour – National Rural Employment Programmes, Land Reforms, Social Welfare Security and Protection of Women, Children and Senior Citizens.
(vi) Life Science and Public Health (5 Marks)
- Basic facts of the Human Body
- Vitamins and Minerals and their Deficiency Diseases
- Communicable Diseases and Causative Organisms
- Kerala – Welfare activities in Health Sector
- Lifestyle Diseases.
- Basic Health Facts
- Environment and Environmental Hazards
(vii) Physics (3 Marks)
1) Branches of Physics –Matter – Units, Measurements – Physical Quantities.
2) Motion – Newton’s Laws of Motion – Third law – Momentum – Projectile Motion – Uses of Third Law – Achievements in space missions in IndiaISRO.
3) Light- Lens, Mirrors – Problems based on r = 2f – Different phenomena of Light – Rainbow – Colours of different materials – Electromagnetic Spectrum – IR rays- UV rays – X rays – Photoelectric Effect.
4) Sound – Different types of Waves – Velocity of Sound in different media – Resonance – Reverberation.
5) Force – Different types of Forces – Friction – Advantages and disadvantages of Friction – Liquid Pressure – Buoyant Force – Archimedes Principle – Pascal’s law – Density – Relative density- Adhesive Cohesive forces- Capillarity – Viscous force – Surface tension.
6) Gravitation – Centripetal Force – Centrifugal Force – Escape Velocity, Satellites – Escape Velocity – Weight Mass – value of ‘g’- ‘g’ in different places.
7) Heat – Temperature – Different types of thermometers – Humidity – Relative Humidity.
8) Work – Energy – Power – Simple problems relating to Work, Energy, Power, Levers – Different types of Levers.
(viii) Chemistry (3 Marks)
- Atom – Molecule – States of Matter – Allotropy – Gas laws – Aqua regia.
- Elements – Periodic Table-Metals &Non metals-Chemical Physical changes- Chemical reactions-Solutions, Mixtures, Compounds.
- Metals-Non metals – Alloys – Acids, Bases – pH value – Alkaloids.
(ix) Arts, Sports, Literature and Culture (5 Marks)
- Important Audio Visual Art Forms of Kerala- Famous Places, Institutions, Personalities, Artistes and Writers related to origin, development, extension, and practice of these Art Forms.
- Famous Sports personalities of Kerala, India, and the World – their Sports Events, achievements, and awards.
- Important Awards – Corresponding Fields, Winners
- Famous Trophies – Related Events and Sports Items.
- Number of Players in Important Sports Items.
- Important Terms Associated with various Sports and Games.
- Olympics – Basic Facts, Venues / Countries, Famous Performances and Personalities- India in Olympics-Winter Olympics & Para Olympics.
- Asian Games, Afro-Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, SAF Games – Venues, Countries, Performance of India, other facts.
- National Games.
- Games – Events, Players, Achievements.
- National Sports / Games, Events of various Countries
- Malayalam – Important Literary Movements – Icons and their first works.
- Main works of Literature related to each movement and its authors.
- Writers – Pen name and Nickname.
- Famous Works and Characters.
- Famous Quotes – Books and Authors.
- Beginning of Journalism in Kerala – Pioneers, Journals, and Publications.
- Famous Awards/ Honours – Writers and their works.
- Malayalam Writers who won the Jnanpith Award and related facts.
- Malayalam Cinema – Origin, Development, Milestones, Pioneers, National Awards.
- Kerala – Important Celebrations -Places associated with such Celebrations, Important Festivals.
- Kerala – Cultural Centres, Worship Places, Cultural Leaders and their Contributions.
(x) Basics of Computer (3 Marks)
- Input Devices (Names and uses)
- Output Devices (Names and uses/features)
- Memory devices – Primary and Secondary (Examples, Features)
- Classification – System software and Application software
- Operating System – Functions and examples
- Popular Application software packages – Word processors, Spreadsheets, Database packages, Presentation, Image editors (Uses, features and fundamental concepts of each)
- Basics of programming – Types of instructions (Input, Output, Store, Control, Transfer) (Languages need not be considered)
- Computer Networks
- Types of networks – LAN, WAN, MAN (Features and application area)
- Network Devices – Media, Switch, Hub, Router, Bridge, Gateway (Uses of each)
- Services – WWW, E-mail, Search engines (Examples and purposes)
- Social Media (Examples and features)
- Web Designing – Browser, HTML (Basics only)
- Cyber Crimes and Cyber Laws
- Types of crimes (Awareness level)
- IT Act and Other laws (Awareness level)
(xi) Important Acts (5 Marks)
- Right to Information Act – Information Exempted; Constitution of Information Commissions- Powers and Functions.
- Protection of Consumers – Rights of Consumers.
- Law for the Protection of Vulnerable Sections – Protection of Civil Rights – Atrocities against SC & ST – National Commission for SC / ST Kerala State SC/ST Commission – National and State Minority Commission – National Human Rights Commission and State Human Rights Commission – Protection of Senior Citizen.
- Protection and Safeguarding of Women – Offences affecting Public Decency and Morals. National and State Commission for Women – The Protection of Women (from Domestic Violence) Act, 2005.
- Protection and Safeguards of Children – Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act, 2012.
II. Current Affairs (20 Marks)
III. Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning
(i). Simple Arithmetic (5 Marks)
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
(ii). Mental Ability & Reasoning (5 Marks)
- Problems on Mathematical Signs
- Verifying Positions.
- Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
- Odd man out
- Numerical Ability
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Relations
- Sense of Direction
- Time and Angles
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Clerical Ability
III. General English
(i). English Grammar (5 Marks)
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb.
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
(ii) Vocabulary (5 Marks)
- Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
- Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutes
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
- Regional Language (10 Marks)
- വിപരീത പദം
- ൈശലികൾ പഴെഞാല്ലുകൾ
- സീലിംഗം പലിംഗം
- ഘടക പദം (വാകയം േചർെതഴുതക)
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
2)Correct Structure of Sentence
6)Antonyms / Opposite
7)Phrases and Proverbs
9)Join the Word
10) Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
11) Singular, Plural
13) Adding Phrases
Interested Candidates can download the Kerala PSC LDC Syllabus and exam pattern 2021 from here: LD CLERK SYLLABUS
Candidates can download the previous year LD Clerk question papers from here: PSC LD Clerk Previous Year Question Papers
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparation today with Entri.