Table of Contents
AFCAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern for AFCAT 2022 exam is discussed in this article. Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT), for employment of aspirants into Flying (Short Service Commission only), Technical (Permanent and Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty (Permanent and Short Service Commission) Branches. The AFCAT is generally conducted twice a year. The test is designed to assess the understanding level of concepts and intelligence of the aspirant. Aspirants can check the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of AFCAT 2022 here.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2022
The AFCAT exam consists of Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Awareness , Verbal Ability and Military Aptitude. Candidates can check the Exam Pattern of AFCAT in the following table.
|Exam||EKT (only for technical)||AFCAT|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online|
|No. of Questions||50||100|
|Duration of Exam||45 minutes||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
For all the aspirants of the AFCAT recruitment, it is mandatory to appear in the written test. Also, the examine who have applied for the technical posts need to appear in EKT or the Engineering Knowledge Test .
Total Time Duration: 2 hours
Number of Questions: 100
Marking Criteria: +3 for each correct answer
Negative Marking: -1 for each incorrect answer
No marks for unattended questions.
AFCAT Syllabus 2022
Here we are discussing the AFCAT syllabus plan for all topics, namely Numerical Reasoning skills, General Awareness, English and Military Aptitude Test.
General Knowledge Segment
- This segment consists of questions from history, politics, economics, geography, physics, chemistry, biology, and present-day India. The difficulty level of this segment is easy to medium.
- This segment assesses aspirant’s general knowledge. The exam is based on current and ongoing events in various fields around the world. There are around 20 questions asked in this segment.
- The main topics covered in this segment are as follows:
- Art and Culture
- Basic Studies
In addition to the personal preparation, you can also take the online mock tests prepared by Entri. This helps dismiss fear and doubts. Giving mock tests increases your self confidence and makes your exam preparation easier. Be true to yourself and work hard for the exam because the competition is tough.
- To prepare for this segment, all you need to do is practice as much as you can.
- Solve as many questions from the previous year of AFCAT and practice mock tests.
- Questions about verbal reasoning, military suitability, series, Venn diagram, syllogism, consanguinity, non-verbal questions etc. are asked.
Quantitative Aptitude Segment
- The questions asked in the AFCAT math segment range from easy to moderate and the questions would be formulated from the time, distance and speed, numerical system, HCF and LCM, time and work, Ratio and Proportion, Pipes and Cistern,Percentage, Average, Simple Interest, and Compound Interest, etc.
- Numerical Skills segment is to test the not only the student’s knowledge, but also his/her speed, and accuracy in solving numerical problems.
- Basic math topics are covered in this segment. The important topics in this segment are:
- Decimal and Fraction
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Time and Distance (Problems on Trains / Boats and Streams)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Labor
- Profits and Losses
- This segment tests the aspirant’s English proficiency.
- Language skills via understanding are also part of this section.
- The total number of questions in this segment is approximately 30.
The main topics for this segment are:
- Basic Grammar
- Fill up the blanks with the appropriate word
- Error detection
- Sentence completion
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Vocabulary test
Test of Military Fitness
- Practice solving questions from the topics below to improve your Knowledge
- Recognition of Embedded Figures
To know more details about the AFCAT syllabus 2022 you can download the PDF, from the link given below.
Click Here to download the complete syllabus: AFCAT Syllabus PDF Download.