The date for the APPSC Extension Officer Exam has been announced. The exam will be held on November 7, 2022. The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has issued a job advertisement to fill the position of APPSC Extension Officer Grade 1 for Women Development and Child Welfare Sub-Service. There are a total of 22 openings available for APPSC Extension Officer Recruitment 2021. Candidates applied between November 18th and December 8th, 2021. To apply for the job, individuals must meet the eligibility requirements. The written examination will be used to make the selection. The following post contains all of the information you need to know about the APPSC extension officer recruiting.
The APPSC Extension Officer Exam Date has been announced by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission. The exam will be held on November 7, 2022. The APPSC Extension Officer Notification 2021 announces a total of 22 vacancies. Candidates will be chosen based on their performance in the Computer Based Recruitment Test written examination. The board contains the eligibility criterion details in addition to the complete announcement. To participate in the recruiting, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements. The authorities will reject candidates who do not match the eligibility standards.
APPSC Extension Officer Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam format is essential before beginning your exam preparation. The exam pattern for the APPSC Extension Officer Exam is shown in the table below. Candidates can prepare for the examination by familiarizing themselves with the exam pattern, which is provided below.
|Subject||No of Questions||Mark||Duration|
|Paper 1: General Studies and Mental Ability||150||150||150 Minutes|
|Paper 2: Common Paper Home Science and Social Work||150||150||150 Minutes|
A total of 300 questions are posed. The exam is worth 300 points. The examination lasts 300 minutes. A third of a mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
APPSC Extension Officer Syllabus
Those looking for APPSC jobs should obtain the APPSC Extension Officer Syllabus 2022 from this page. Candidates can understand the topics required for exam preparation by using the APPSC EO Syllabus 2022 provided below. Plan your written exam preparation to achieve a high result.
- Paper 1 – General Studies and Mental Ability ( 150 questions, 150 Marks)
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national, and regional.
- General Science and its applications to the day-to-day life Contemporary developments
in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- The social-economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and
e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
- a) Tabulation of data
- b) Visual representation of data
- c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance, and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/problems.
- Paper 2 – Home Science and Social Work (150questions, 150 marks)
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Basic food group which will provide nutrition, the requirement for normal health; bodybuilding goods, energy food, and protractive foods – Cereals – millets, legumes, oilseeds, milk and milk products, flesh goods, egg, fish, vegetables, fruits – Nutritive Value; selection, storage, processing and cooking methods their effect on nutritive value and palatability -evaluation of food quality – subjective methods of measuring the quality of products -products – preparation of score cards.
- Food poisoning, food allergy – Biological function, food sources and deficiency signs of carbohydrates, fat, proteins, vitamins, and minerals – Nutritional inter-relationships.
- Food and Nutrient requirements in the human life cycle – Adulthood pregnancy – lactation- infancy – pre-school age, school age, preadolescence, and adolescence – nutritionally vulnerable groups – factors affect nutrient requirements.
- Principles of meal planning – the principle of diet in diseases. Therapeutic modification of normal diet during dietary deficiencies diseases – Anemia, PCM, Vit.A and other common diseases – Fever Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, obesity, Diabetes – Heart diseases, and Renal diseases.
- Assessment of the nutritional status of communities and their interpretation-clinical Biochemical – Antrropemetry – Biophysical and Diet surveys.
- Child Development
- Factors affecting growth and development of child prenatal care preparation for childbirth – premature baby – causes postnatal care breastfeeding v.s. bottle feeding weaning- immunization, physical intellectual, and emotional development during infancy toddlerhood – childhood and adolescence developmental talks – physical and physiological needs of young children – Learning types and effects importance of play- language growth – Habit of formation.
- Creches and Balwadies – Importance of pre-school education needs and characteristics of a pre-school child – Needs of Importance in the growth and development of children
- Population education, Child and Family Welfare services of State National and International Agencies. Demographic characteristics of the child population, and the emerging philosophy of Child Welfare, and emphasized in the Children’s Character of Rights, Indian Constitution, and other legislative provisions. Children in need of special care, the disabled, the deserted, and the disturbed are in the role of professional help and services available.
- Agriculture productivity trends – Demand and supply of food grain – Agricultureplanning and Government policy – Credit and credit institutions in the agricultural sector -Agricultural marketing – Storages losses – Rural reconstruction – Community development and Panchayats – their principles and organizations.
- Principles and methods of Extension work – Individual group and mass media. Audiovisual aids in extension work. Program planning – execution and evaluation inextension work. Developing leadership – organization of women in villages.
- The Five Year Plan of Government of India – Principles of Rural reconstruction -Problems of Indian villages – Community development – National Programmes for rural women and children ANP, IRDP, SNP Adult literacy, ICDS – Family Welfare Programme -Social Welfare Boards, etc.
- Problems involved in improving the nutritional status of Community, Nutrition intervention programs – International agencies involved in allocating malnutrition – UNESCO, UNICEF, WHO, FAO.
- Social Work
- Consent, Scope, and Nature of Social Work. Definition of the terms Social Welfare, Social Service, Social Reform, and Social Action.
- A historical review of social work in India and abroad. The philosophy of Social Work and its relationship to changing Indian Culture. Professional and ethical values of SocialWork.
- Methods of Social Work: Definition, Scope, Principles, and values of casework, Groupwork, and Community Organisation.
- Fields of Social Work: Government and Voluntary efforts, the difference between government – Professional – Voluntary work in the various fields of Social Work practice such as: Youth Welfare, Labour Welfare, Correctional Social Work, Medical and PsychiatricSocial Work, Rural and Urban Community Development – Local Self Government, Panchayati Raj.
- Family and Child Welfare: Importance of Family and Child Welfare, Status, Problems of Women in India and Special Legislation relating to Marriage, dowry, inheritance, and maintenance of women, problems of working women, women in need of special care.
- State Women’s Welfare Department: Organisation, functions, and Programmes
The detailed syllabus is given along with the official notification. Candidates can download it here.
Before beginning exam preparation, students should be aware of the exam syllabus. The competition will be fierce, and each candidate must prepare thoroughly for the exam. Here are some preparation ideas to help you pass the exam. Make a proper schedule for your exam preparation by downloading the syllabus and exam pattern.