Table of Contents
APPSC has come up with Panchayat Secretary Grade V and VI recruitment. Earlier this year, APPSC has called for Grade III and IV posts of Panchayat Secretary. It is believed that the result to be published soon, for these recruitment exams. AP Panchayat Secretary 2019 exam was held on 1st September 2019 as per the official notification. Further, in this article, we can discuss the notification details of the APPSC Panchayat Secretary.
APPSC Panchayat Secretary: Job Profile
The Secretary of the panchayat is a non-elected representative, appointed by the state government, to oversee panchayat activities. The recent notifications include two posts, namely, Grade V and Grade VI (DIGITAL ASSISTANT).
The role of Panchayat Secretary is vital at Gram Sabha. The duties of the Panchayat Secretary can broadly be categorized into three stages:
- Pre-Gram Sabha
- During Gram Sabha
- Post-Gram Sabha
The Duties of the Panchayat Secretary are:
- Finalization of agenda for Gram Sabha in consultation with the Sarpanch.
- Issuing notice of Gram Sabha meeting.
- Publicising widely the Gram Sabha meeting details, such as the date, time and venue.
- Preparing the Action Taken Report on the resolutions of the previous Gram Sabha meeting.
- Preparation of notes on the agenda items to be placed before the current Gram Sabha meeting.
- The administrative head of the village, Panchayat Secretary, has the power of maintaining the village funds-collection and disbursal.
- He owes the power of signing a cheque for payment to village members.
- Shortlists’ the eligible members under any government scheme.
- Have the power to initiate the construction of any new building if any needed.
- Records the details of members attending Gram Sabha meetings.
- Presenting the Action Taken Report on resolutions of previous Gram Sabha meetings.
- Ensures the smooth conduct of the meeting of Gram Sabha as per its agenda.
- Assisting the Sarpanch in recording the minutes of Gram Sabha.
- Recording of votes cast in favor/against of any resolution placed before Gram Sabha
- Coordinates with the Sarpanch and ward members for considering the resolutions of Gram Sabha in Gram Panchayat meetings.
- He sends the report on the Gram Sabha meeting to the higher officials concerned.
|Name of Organization
|Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission
|Number of vacancies
|Rs.15,030 – 46,060
|Notification Date and
Application commencing date
|Last date for submitting the Application
|Preliminary Exam Date
|1st September 2019.
|Result of Preliminary Exam
|Will be Updated
|Will be Updated
(as on 01.07.2019)
|18 – 37 years
|EWS/EBC /GEN Women/
|SC/ST Men and Women
Grade V: Degree from any University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, State Act or a Provincial Act or an Institution recognized by the UGC.
Grade VI: Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Electronics, Computers, IT, Instrumentation, BCA/MCA, any degree with computers as one of the subjects such as B.Sc., Computers / B.Com.,(Computers) from any University in India.
APPSC Panchayat Secretary: Vacancies
|Name of the
How to apply for Panchayat Secretary posts online?
- Visit the Official site at gramasachivalayam.ap.gov.in
- Click on the Notifications link on the home page
- Complete the AP Panchayat Secretary Online Application Form
- Pay the application fee accordingly.
- And then submit the application form before the final date.
Each District is the unit of appointment. District Selection Committee (DSC) is the selection authority and the District Collector is the appointing authority. The selection of candidates for appointment to the posts shall be based on the merit in the OMR based written examination. The minimum qualifying marks for consideration of a candidate to the selection process are 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs, and 30% for SCs, STs, and PHs or as per rules. Answer keys would be published on the website and marks of each candidate are also displayed on website. No separate memorandum of marks would be issued.
Syllabus For General Posts – Panchayat Secretary Grade.V
|No., of questions
|Part- A: General Studies and mental ability
|Part– B: History, Economy, Geography, Politics
Syllabus For General Posts – Panchayat Secretary Grade. VI Digital Assistant
|No., of questions
|Part- A: General Studies, Mental Ability, Indian History, Polity, Economy, Geography, etc., with special reference to
Entri is the best platform to start for your preparations for all the APPSC recruitment exams. Wishing all the success to all results awaiting candidates and who are through their preparations.