Table of Contents
The Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test which is commonly called APSET is conducted every year for the recruitment and promotion of lecturers/assistant professors in universities and degree colleges. The APSET examination for the year 2021 will be held on 31 October. The purpose of the examination is to recruit aspirants for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges and universities of Andhra Pradesh. The State University conducts this examination, which is accredited by UGC. The candidates who successfully clear this examination will teach students of graduation and post-graduation courses in the government institutions present in the state. The candidates are expected to follow up on the latest notifications and information published by the examination official website.
APSET Job Profile
- The aspirants should be well acquainted with APSET Job Profile and Job responsibilities that come after qualifying for the examination.
- The post of Assistant Professor upholds many liabilities.
- The candidates need to have an idea about the APSET Work Profile.
- It will help the candidates understand whether or not they are a good fit for the APSET Job or not.
APSET Job Responsibilities
Some of the APSET Job responsibilities are listed below:
- Teaching a prescribed number of classes every week without fail.
- Maintaining clear records about their action plans.
- Providing supervision and guidance to graduation and post-graduation students.
- Interaction with students on basis of their overall performances at regular intervals.
- Offering full professional support to Professors and other faculty members when asked.
- Responding to the questions, queries, and doubts of students
- Representing the university or college at conferences and contests
- Tracking the academic progress of all students.
- Marking attendance daily
- Create innovative career enhancement programs that aim for the betterment of students.
- Finishing the prescribed syllabus well within the time scheduled
APSET 2021-Growth Opportunity
- The value of pursuit for research and experience is immense for the post of an Assistant Professor.
- They have to teach the students according to the syllabus set by the universities
- The syllabus must be completed within the due date scheduled.
- The students will be from graduation and post-graduation courses.
- The quality of the service concerning elaboration of knowledge and research faculty should reach noteworthy levels as per job responsibilities set by the committee
- An Assistant professor, with a research background and years of teaching experience, can be promoted to various positions.
- The promotion is done for posts such as Professor, Senior Professor, College Principal, and so on.
APSET Eligibility Criteria
The required eligibility for the higher positions which is as per UGC guidelines is listed below:
- The candidate must have a PhD degree and at least ten publications in appropriate journals.
- They must have experience as an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor for at least ten years and a research score of 120
- The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of research/teaching experience as a Professor.
- Must be an author of at least 10 best publications in reputable journals.
- At least two PhD awardees are under their supervision.
- 15 years of research or teaching experience as a Professor or as an Associate Professor.
I hope this article was helpful. Among all professions, teaching is considered sacred. Education plays a vital role in a persons life. It is a very beautiful experience. It is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who wish to pursue their careers in the teaching field. You shall teach the young buds of the nation, together making a better place to live in. If you are driven by passion and enthusiasm begin your journey of exam preparation with us. If you are looking for a good start, our app has got it covered for you. Download our Entri app today. Look for all the contents and insights you will need to crack this exam. We will keep you updated with all the latest notifications and content. We will be glad to assist you throughout the journey of this examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck.