Table of Contents
Choosing the best laptop is always a task among app developers. Although all the expensive laptops are used for android development, some systems lack specific features that are required for android development. The high-tech laptops with all the features are available now but everyone might not be able to afford them, as they are too expensive. In some cases high-end laptops with less features are simply a waste of money. Prior to buying a laptop, an android developer checks whether the chosen system can run software like IntelliJ, Android Studio, Eclipse etc. Primary factor to be considered while buying a laptop is to always go for a system with minimum recommended specification. A system beyond minimum required specification will create trouble such as system lags, excess heating and other errors while using software.
Here this article will introduce the list of best laptops that are suitable for Android development. The information provided in this article will guide the developers to choose the best laptop that can be used in designing Android applications, games etc.
Knowing and understanding the laptop configuration will be helpful for app development. The laptop configurations are discussed below;
- SSD Storage: SSD Storage is the most important aspect and is mostly neglected while selecting a system for Android development. SSD Storage is more expensive than HDD and also improves loading time of IDE software, where it performs 10X times faster than HDD.
- RAM: For Android development 8GB RAM is recommended. Only 4GB of RAM is satisfactory for web development in HTML and CSS, but in the case of Android studio it requires more RAM for a smooth operation.
- Processor: In low processor like i3, the IDE will perform perfectly but in some cases it causes issues like lagging, more loading time, Emulator not working/not responding etc. so it is recommended for a developer to use i5 4th version or higher, we suggest i5 7th version if you are capable to afford it.
- Graphic Card: In Android development, a Graphic Card is not necessary but it is required for game development. So if you are a game developer it’s better to choose a laptop with Graphic Card (2 GB or more).
Best Laptop for Android Development
Provided below are the best laptops for Android development that are listed as per the suggestion from software developers. Read below for information like laptop model, specification etc.
Apple MacBook Air
- If you are looking for a system with high productivity and longer battery life, then Apple MacBook Air is the better option.
- The Apple MaCBook Air is designed with metallic finish with an aluminum casing and a lightweight laptop.
- The display is highlighted by a 13” Screen which possesses 1440 X 900 pixel resolutions which is very impressive.
- It has an Intel Core i5 1.8 GHz (with speed up to 2.9 GHz), Intel HD Graphics 6000 – 8000 GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
- The Apple MacBook Air runs MacOS Sierra which uses a memory capacity of 128 GB (SSD).
Acer Aspire E15
- The laptop is highlighted with a white-colored body and dark metal finished back. The Acer Aspire E15 has Full HD LED backlight display with screen size of 15.6 inches.
- The system has an Intel Core i5 8250U processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM and it’s designed with a 64 bit shell which is capable of running a Kaby Lake-R processor and possesses high performance.
- The Acer Aspire E15 provides backlit keyboard configuration, which has an innate storage of 256 GB (SSD), 2 GB Graphic Card merged into Nvidia GeForce.
Acer Swift 3
- Acer Swift 3 is the top dog in town. It comes up with a high standard design with Kaby Lake-R Intel Core i5-8250U 8th version processor (speed up to 3.4 GHz), RAM of 8GB DDR4, Intel HD Graphics of 620 and a SSD storage of 256 GB.
- The latest Acer has 15.6” Full HD LED-Light IPS Display with 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution. Runs by Window 10 Home 64 bit with longer battery life ( lasting up to 10 hours)
- It possesses high security with fingerprint reader and a multi-purpose USB 3.1 Type-C port, which suits for business, students etc.
- Assus ZenBook is a slim, compact and an ultra-light notebook with IPS matte display. It has hardware with Kaby Lake-R range and also extended battery duration. It’s designed with a backlit keyboard and flexible touchpad.
- Looking at configuration, it owns an Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 GHz Quad Core Processor (3.4 GHz faster), Intel HD Graphics, 8GB LPDDR3 RAM, and SSD Storage of 256 GB.
- It has a 13.3 inch Full HD IPS Anti-Glare Matte Ultra Wide Display along with numerous photo editing features.
Lenovo Legion Y520
- It’s a slim portable system, which is very suitable for gamers. They have a smudge-resistant body with a red backlit keyboard and it weighs about 5.3 lbs and a thickness of 2.58 cm.
- The system is operated by Windows 10 Home OS and has a Lithium Polymer battery.
- The screen is of 15.6” FHD with 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution.
- Lenovo Legion Y520 comes up with 8GB DDR4 RAM, Intel Core of 2.5 GHz, GeForce GTX 1050Ti Graphic Processor and a 256GB Flash memory.
Lenovo ThinkPad E570
- Lenovo ThinkPad E570 is plastic-built, matte grey chassis and suits very well for the business It mainly has two variants, former with 4GB RAM and the later with 8GB RAM.
- It is manufactured with 256GB SSD storage, Intel HD Graphics 620 and it runs by an Intel Core i5 7200U Dual Core 2.5 GHz Processor (speed up to 3.1 GHz)
- The RAM can be extended from 8GB DDR4 RAM to 16GB.
Lenovo Ideapad 530S
- The device has an excellent processor of Intel Core i7 8550U (8th generation) with satisfactory RAM of 8GB DDR4.
- Lenovo ideapad has an impressive Full HD display of 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution. For storage SSD of 256GB is provided and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Graphic Card is induced for handling graphics.
Acer Predator Helios 300
- The device consists of excellent features and designed with sturdy black finish. It has two all-metal aero blade 3D fans and great audio potential to manage gaming sessions.
- It has backlit keyboard configuration and IPS technology 15.6” Full HD panel.
- Acer predator provides super GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics along with long battery life (up to 7 hours). It has 16GB RAM and an Intel Core i7 Processor of 4.1 GHz.
Dell Latitude E6540
- It’s a little heavy laptop with excellent features.
- The device has RAM of 15GB and an Intel Core Processor with speed up to 2.9GHz.
- It has a 15.6” HD screen of Intel HD 4600 and 1420 X 1080 pixel resolution which makes work easy.
Dell Inspiron i7370
- It’s a 2013 model laptop with a touch screen (13.3 inches display). And it possesses the 8th version Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6 QuadCore Processor (speed up to 3.4GHz), Intel HD Graphics of 620, 256GB SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM.
- Talking about the display, it is manufactured with Full HD IPS touchscreen with matte finish and 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution.
- The standard OS usage is Windows 10 Home 64 Dell Inspiron i7370 does not suit gamers, as there is no Graphic Card present in it.
Dell Inspiron 5370
- It’s a modern lightweight laptop with outstanding battery backup, which is easy to carry anywhere.
- The Dell system is designed with a screen of 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution and a IPS display of 13 inch Full HD LED Backlit Anti-glare.
- The device is controlled by a 1.6GHz Intel Core, i5-825OU (8th version) processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM and SSD of 256 GB.
- Also the system is capable of multitasking with no trouble.
Dell Inspiron 15 5567
- The best laptop available in the market with affordable price, well performance and the Graphics are up to the required specification.
- It has a robust configuration with an impressive display and provides dual storage.
- The version comes with a 15.6” Full HD 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution, with anti-glare LED backlit display and has Intel Core i5 i7 Processor, 4GB Graphic Card, 256 GB SSD and a RAM of 8GB DDR4.
HP Pavilion x360
- It’s a magnificent 8th version laptop with Intel Quadcore i5 8250U Processor, designed with15.6” Full HD IPS display with top-bottom glass touch screen.
- The device comes with 360 degree hinge flips which can be either used as a laptop/tablet.
- It has 8GB RAM and 1.6GHz Processor which is suitable for software developers.
If you are the one looking for a best laptop for android development, then the information and suggestions provided in this article will guide you in picking the perfect one. The details including specifications are mentioned above. Hope this article will benefit all developers out there. Good luck! Click here, to know more!