Bihar School Education Department has started recruiting under 7th Phase Primary Teacher Niyojan scheme. Interested candidates can go through the eligibility criteria and ensure that they have all the required qualifications. Applications can be submitted online through the official website – www.educationbihar.gov.in. Since this is the first recruitment after the changes in selection criteria, candidates are apprehensive of the selection process and are eager to know the cut off marks. The official cut off marks are yet to released but here we have provided you an overview of the expected cut off marks. Read on to know more about the mark calculation and cut off marks.
Bihar 7th Phase Teacher Cut Off
Cut off mark is the minimum percentage of marks that the candidates should secure in order to be shortlisted for the desired post. The cut off marks usually depends on various factors like number of vacancies, difficulty level of paper, number of applicants etc. The cut off mark will be released by the board once it has been finalized. Candidates can check the official website regularly for updates regarding the cut off marks.
This year the education department has changed the criteria for selection. Earlier the Board used to consider only the marks scored in CTET or BTET. Beginning this year, the board will implement 60 – 40 plan under which consider 60% of the marks scored in Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (BTET), Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) and State Teacher Eligibility Test (STET) will be considered and the remaining 40% weightage will be given for education and training qualification (from matriculation to post graduation, B. Ed and D. L Ed).
For Classes 1 to 5: For primary teachers the mark will be calculated as follows: The total marks obtained in matriculation, inter and training will be summed up to obtain the total academic score. 40% of this mark will be considered. 60% of the mark scored in BTET or CTET will be considered.
For Classes 6 to 8: For middle school teachers the mark will be calculated as follows: The total marks obtained in matriculation, twelfth, graduation and training will be divided by 4 and 40% of this mark will be considered. The remaining will be 60% of the marks scored in TET.
For Classes 9 to 10: For high school teachers the mark will be calculated as follows: The total marks obtained in matriculation, twelfth, graduation and training will be divided by 4 and 40% of this mark will be considered. The remaining will be 60% of the marks scored in TET.
Candidates who have scored well in CTET or BTET but have not been that successful in their academics need not despair. Bonus points are given to those who have scored well in CTET or BTET. The point calculation is as follows:
- Those who have scored 90% and above will be given 10 bonus points.
- Those who have scored 80% and above will be given 6 bonus points.
- Those who have scored 70% and above will be given 4 or 2 bonus points.
Category Wise Cut Off
The category wise cut off mark is also expected to be released by the board. We will notify you once the cut off marks are officially announced.
Previous Year Cut Off
Until the previous year, Bihar School Education department used to consider only CTET, BTET or STET marks for recruiting candidates for the post of teacher. The cut off mark for last year was 80%. This year there is a change in the selection criteria and hence the cut off mark is expected to be less than that of last year.
If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and is looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.