Table of Contents
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has released a notification for the recruitment of Scientist in various engineering field. The candidates who are interested and looking for a job in BIS can consider this recruitment. Interested candidates should submit their response on or before the last date. Applications are invited from eligible GATE- qualified engineering graduates for filling the posts of scientist. The vacancies range across different engineering streams including civil, chemical, textile and electrical.
BIS is one of the most reputed central government organizations. Getting a job in BIS is not so easy. Candidates have to do more hard work to get the provisional allotment.
There are totally 22 posts, out of which 15 are for the unreserved category, 3 posts are for OBC category and 2 posts each are reserved for SC and EWS category candidates. Additionally, 1 seat each under electrical and civil engineering posts has been reserved for PWD candidates. The recruitment is subject to reservation policies of the central government.
BIS Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Name of the Board||Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)|
|Name of the Post||Scientist-B|
|Number of Vacancy||22|
BIS Scientists Recruitment 2022: Vacancy
There are total of 22 vacancies which are distributed to different streams as follows.
Civil Engineering – 11
Electrical Engineering – 5
Chemical Engineering – 4
Textile Engineering – 2
Usually, the BIS provided an excellent salary package along with additional benefits and perks. Similarly, the BIS Scientist B Salary Package becomes a handful to the candidates along with benefits. So, most of the candidates are very curious to know the BIS Scientist B Salary. Thus here we have come up with the BIS Scientist B Salary, Perks, service benefits, and bond details.
As per the notification released, the selected candidates are eligible to get the salary of Rs. 90,000/-. This position will be eligible to get salary in the Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission plus allowances as applicable.
Pay Level – Rs 90000
Check Pay Level in Official Notification
BIS Scientist B Probation Period
- Selected candidates will be under probation for 2 Years. After the successful completion of the probation period, the candidates will be confirmed and entitled to several additional benefits.
BIS Scientist B Surety Bond Details:
- A candidate must sign a bond, on appointment to the post of Scientist- B, in the form specified by the Bureau, for serving the Bureau for a minimum period of three years.
- If he/she decides to leave the service either by resignation or absence from service without permission earlier than three years from the date of employment, he/she shall be required to reimburse the Bureau six months’ emoluments at the rate last drawn by him unless he/she has worked for a shorter period in which case he/she shall be required to reimburse the full amount drawn by him/her.
BIS Scientist B Perks & Benefits:
- Leave/LTC/Medical benefits are admissible including Leave encashment for 15 days in a year as per BIS guidelines/Central government rules.
BIS Group A, B, C Perks and Benefits
Apart from the BIS Scientist B Salary, the selected candidates are entitled to have several allowances. Here we have listed the BIS Scientist B Perks & Allowances.
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
The candidates must be between the age of 21years to 30 years as on closing date of application to be eligible for this recruitment. The upper age limit can be relaxed for SC, ST, OBC, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Ex-Servicemen and Departmental as per applicable rules.
The candidates who possess the educational qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent and having valid GATE score of year 2019/2020/2021 are eligible to apply for this recruitment. At the same time, the candidates should note that the GATE score must be valid as on closing date of application.
How to Apply for BIS Recruitment 2022
- Go to official website of Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Go to the “Career Opportunity” tab and click “Recruitment Advertisements / Results”
- Then select “Recruitment of Scientist-B and click here to apply online”
- Download and read notification carefully. Based on the eligibility, click apply online link.
- The closing date for applying will be 21 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar (28.02.2022).
- Fill your correct details and submit.
- Take a print out of your application for future use.
You can prepare your best with Entri, as it is the excellent online platform for all the Competitive Exams. Entri wishes you all the best for your examinations and future endeavours.
“YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GREAT TO START, BUT YOU HAVE TO START TO BE GREAT.”