Table of Contents
BPSC or Bihar Public Service Commission has released the admit card for recruitment to the post of AE or Assistant Engineer against the advertisement number 01/2019. Aspirants who applied for BPSC AE Recruitment 2022 Exam can check their hall tickets from the official website of BPSC .i.e. bpsc.bih.nic.in by using their credentials.
Candidates can check the exam schedule in the table given in the Exam date section of this article. The BPSC AE Admit Card 2022 was released on 5 March 2022 on the official website. All aspirants can download BPSC AE Admit Card followed by the easy steps given below.
BPSC AE Admit Card 2022: How to download?
Step 1: Log into the official website of BPSC.i.e. bpsc.bih.nic.in.
Step 2:Click on the notification that reads ‘BPSC AE Admit Card 2022’ flashing on the main page. It will redirect you to a fresh page.
Step 3: Enter your registration number, date of birth, captcha code, and click on the submit button.
Step 4: The BPSC AE Admit Card 2022 will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Download BPSC Assistant Engineer Admit Card 2022 and save it for future reference.
BPSC AE Admit Card 2022: Download Link
Click on the link below to download the BPSC AE Admit Card 2022.
BPSC AE Exam Date 2022
The exam dates announced by the authorities is tabulated in the table given below:
|Exam Date||First Session
(10 AM to 11 AM)
(11.30 AM to 12.30 PM)
(2 PM to 3 PM)
|12 March 2022||General English
|General Hindi (Objective)||General Studies (Objective)|
|13 March 2022||General Engineering Science (Objective)||Civil Engineering – Paper 5 (Objective)||Civil Engineering – Paper 6 (Objective)|
BPSC AE Exam Pattern 2022
The aspirants must attempt a total of 6 papers in the written exam.All the paper will be similar in terms of duration and marks. The duration will be 60 minutes and the total marks will be 100. Each paper will be objective in nature. The candidates need to score combined marks of 40% in the case of Un-reserved category candidates and 32% for SC or ST candidates. Examination pattern for the BPSC Assistant Engineer written test will be as follows.
|General English||100 Marks||1 Hour|
|General Hindi||100 Marks||1 Hour|
|General Studies||100 Marks||1 Hour|
|General Engineering Science||100 Marks||1 Hour|
|Concerned/Optional Paper I||100 Marks||1 Hour|
|Concerned/Optional Paper I||100 Marks||1 Hour|
BPSC AE Syllabus 2022
The written examination will consist of 6 separate papers. The compulsory papers are General Studies, General Hindi, General English, and General Engineering. These four question papers are common to all the examine. The 5th and 6th paper will focus on the fundamental subjects of the concerned stream. The questions from these papers will consists of questions from core subjects. All the papers will be objective in nature.
In order to successfully clear the General Studies paper, you must study the following topics and subjects. Besides that, the candidates must read newspapers in order to develop awareness regarding these topics.
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
- Awards & Honours
- Currencies & Capitals
The general English section will consist of MCQs from the following topics. If the aspirants have a good habit of reading, then they can ace most of these topics with out difficulty.
- Error Detection
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Jumbled Sentence
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Improvement
- One Word Substitution
The general Hindi section will be simple and will judge the basics of the aspirants knowledge in Hindi language. Aspirants must be aware of the day to day to use of the language too.
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Hindi Grammar
General Engineering Science
- Engineering Mechanics – General Equilibrium-Equation Experiments, Motion-Equation Functions, Power, Energy.
- Survey and Measurement –Distance and Area Measurement, Direction Measurement and Angular Measurement of Slope, Levitation and Height, General Survey Equipment, Electrical Workshop Measurements like Ammeter, Volt Meter, Charge meter, Energy Meter, Insulation Tester, and their working principle, Mechanical Workshop Measuring instruments,angular and linear measurements, straight, plane and roundness measurements.
- Structure of solids –Analysis of beams, Generalized pressure and its relation, making laws, transformation of pressure, pressure energy, columns and shafts, unbalanced orientations at the center, principles of decay.
- Engineering materials and their manufacture –Bricks lime, Cement, Shrapnel, Dalwa iron and steel, Non-ferrous metals Timber paints and miscellaneous engineering materials, Testing of engineering materials, Considerations for construction of brick floors and walls.
- Transport Phenomenon – Linear and Regular Conduction of Transport, Boundary Level Continuous Equations, Warnowati’s Principle, Energy Equations, Steam of Transport Conduction, Dimensional Analysis and Gadling, One Dimensional Study, Accutten-Boltmann’s theory of radiation, Natural Movement of Heat through Single and Multilayered Materials including Cylinders and walls and induced convective heat transfer, concept of thermal boundary level, Kirchhoff’s law, concept of black and gray matter.
- Energy conversion process of thermodynamics, first and second impulses and reactions of thermodynamics, water turbine-belton peel and centrifugal pump.
- Elementary Engineering– Electric Circuits, Circuit Laws and Principles of Superposition Meaning of Sound Series and Parallel Connections, Resistance and Capacitance, Magnetic Effect of Electric Current, Junction Transistor, Junction Diode, Equivalent Circuit, Common Emitter Electric Circuit, Transformer, Circuit Elements In the form of Transformer, Transfer of electromagnetic energy, Function of DC Motor and Generator, Function of AC Motor and Generator.
Environmental Engineering – Sewage treatment, Water pollution and purification, air pollution and its control, ecological balance.
BPSC AE Syllabus Optional Papers
The optional papers consists of two papers which should be attempted based on the candidate’s concerned stream of graduation.
Structural Analysis Structural Analysis
- Structure :-Determination and stability,method of reinforcement and flexibility, internal and external forces, special positional reinforcement and in elastic beam structure, frames and arches, analysis of impact lines for non-conforming structures, structure theory, matrix method, and Robust analysis of dam and silt.
- Structural Design
- Study of vertical and seismic forces in building structure design. RCC beams, shear, sills, pillars, and diagonal tension, Concrete techniques: Climbing and marginal load design,
(b) Steel structure tension, roof scissor plate girder, compression and flexural components, bracket connection.
(c) Pre-reinforced concrete structure and its importance.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundations Engineering, Nature and texture of soil, Earthquake force and its determination Formation and classification of rocks,Properties and behavior, Generation and compaction, Compaction, Shear force, Stability of slopes, Soil stress, Carrying capacity, Coating, Earth pressure, Retention, shallow and deep foundations including diaar seat piles piles, tafoot and well foundations, machine foundations, diffusion of soils.
- Hydrology and Water Resources-General run-off estimation, use of hydrogram, empirical formula, potential hydrological analysis, management of surface water and ground water, principles of irrigation engineering, water requirement for crops- General .
- Description of irrigation works, flooding, damage and control, behavior of river drainage, surface and underground drainage, channel design, general principles of hydropower engineering.
- Water system flow description– the principle of energy and momentum homogeneous, sequential traversal changed flow, components of river flow, sediment transport.
- Design of Fluid Structure :-Design of Exterior, Weir, Barrage, Canal and Canal Structure and Pulse, Cross Drainage Works, Cross Regulator, Head Regulator, Head Regulator and Canal Drain, Design of Turk and Hydroelectric Power Equipment.
- Transportation Engineering – Geometrical design of highways, components of traffic engineering, high side materials, maintenance of high roads.
- Components of bridge engineering, Weights and its behavior in overhead structure design, IRC classification.
- Public health engineering– Water supply, population forecast, types of pipes used for water supply, construction of tube well and dug well, design of underground and upper tank, design of slow sand filter and rapid gravity filter, details of water supply dam construction.
- Drainage and Sanitation –Design of Imhoff tank, Surface drainage storms, Drainage and sewage – Design of double-cleaning filters Design of septic tank, details of health plants.
Our R&D team provides the best material and books for the complete preparation of all government exams. We provide PDFs of the previous year’s question papers with solutions and detailed analysis. All you need to do is download the Entri app and start practicing.