Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released an official notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professors in Electrical Engineering department in Government Engineering Colleges under the Science and Technology Department of State Government on its official website. The online registration process started on July 13, 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at bpsc.bih.nic.in on or before July 30, 2020. However, the last date to pay the fee is August 7, 2020. In this blog, let’s check out the BPSC Assistant Professor Selection Process 2020.
Take a free mock test for BPSC Assistant Professor Exam in Entri app
BPSC is conducting the recruitment drive to fill 287 vacancies of Assistant professors in the Electrical Engineering department. Out of which, 116 vacancies are for General category, 50 for EBC, 45 for SC, 35 for BC, 29 for EWS, 9 for BC (Female), and 3 for ST. A candidate should have a first-class B.E., B.Tech., BS, B.Sc. (Engineering) degree or integrated M.Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering.
Selection Procedure for BPSC Assistant Professor 2020
The selection process for the Bihar PSC Assistant Professor in Electrical Engineering should be based on the following credentials:
- Academic Records
- Written Test
- Interview, and
- Weightage on Contract Basis
The maximum scorable marks would be 100. Based on the candidate’s marks in the written examination, and interview combined with other scores BPSC will prepare the final merit list for the appointments.
- Academic Record (20 Marks) – Maximum 10 (10% of Percentage Marks obtained in M.Tech/ M.E/ M.S in relevant branch/ subject). Maximum 5 (5% of Percentage Marks obtained in B.Tech/ B.E / B.S/ B.Sc(Eng.). PhD – 5 Marks
- Written Exam (Objective Type – 40 Marks) – For Engineering stream -The syllabus of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) will be applicable
- Interview (15 Marks)
- Assistant Professor (25 Marks) – Weightage to candidates working on contract basis on the post of Assistant professor under the Department of Science and Technology and possessing minimum eligibility-criteria – 05 marks per year (Maximum 25 marks).
Check out this blog to know more about the Eligibility criteria for BPSC Assistant Professor 2020
|Exam Type||Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration of the exam|
|Objective Type||Technical subject (Electrical Engineering)||80||40||2 Hours|
Regarding the Written Exam:
- The question paper comprises 80 multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- The total marks are 40
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Questions will be asked related to the technical subject (Electrical Engineering)
BPSC Assistant Professor Syllabus for Written Exam
|Analog and Digital Electronics||
|Electric and Electronic measurements||
|Signals and Systems||
Previous year BPSC Assistant Professor question papers can be found here
Each hour is important as the exam day is approaching. Let’s dedicate and utilize our time in the best way possible. The Entri App could help you reach the zenith and secure your post as an assistant professor. Keep learning and have a nice day!
Discussion about this post