Table of Contents
The BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer exam will be conducted soon. Books are required to prepare for any exam. They are the most vital thing when it comes to exam preparation. The names of the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer books and some preparation tips will be mentioned in detail in this article. Please read this article properly.
- The BPSC is conducting the Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer exam for 286 posts.
- The exam will be conducted in just one phase.
- The BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer exam will have two compulsory papers.
- The subjects for the compulsory papers are General Awareness and Solid and Liquid Waste Management.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer: Overview
|Name of Recruiting Organization||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Name of Post||Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer|
|Department||Bihar Public Sanitation and Waste Management Department|
|Number of vacancies||286|
|Mode of Recruitment||Direct|
|Selection Process||Written Exam|
BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer 2022: Books
Books are an essential and important part of exam preparation. They help to attain in-depth knowledge about the subject and also assist in making important points and notes. To make preparations a little easier, the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer exam books are given in the table below.
|Book Name||Author Name||Publisher Name|
|Municipal Solid Waste Management||Dr. R. Saravanan, R. Dinesh Kumar, A. Suriya||Lakshmi Publications|
|Water Supply Engineering||Santosh Kumar Garg||Khanna Publishers|
|Sewage Disposal and Air Pollution Engineering||Santosh Kumar Garg||Khanna Publishers|
|Solid Waste Management||Jagbir Singh||Dreamtech Press|
|General Knowledge (For all Competitive exams) 2022||Team Prabhat||Prabhat Prakashan|
|General Knowledge 2022||Manohar Pandey||Arihant Publication|
BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer 2022: Other Important Sources
Given below are the list of other sources for the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Exam 2022:
- Read newspapers and watch the news for general awareness.
- Practice from and read the books for Solid and Liquid Waste Management subject.
- Watch YouTube videos and solve the questions asked in the videos.
- Solve mock test papers.
BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer 2022: Preparation Tips
Preparation is the key to every exam. Without proper preparation, it is not easy to clear any competitive exam. The BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer Syllabus properly mention the syllabus for preparation for the two compulsory papers. The BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer exam preparation tips are as follows:
- As the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer Syllabus mention the first compulsory paper as General Awareness, do read newspapers daily.
- Watch the daily news, read GK and current affairs books and magazines.
- Set the number of hours that you want to study and practice every day.
- Go through in-detail the topics for the Solid and Liquid Waste Management subject.
- Make notes and revise the topics for the Solid and Liquid Waste Management subject.
- Know the exam pattern properly.
- Study every day, take breaks and revise at least one day.
- Study according to a time table and allot time to solve mock tests, practise previous year’s questions, etc.
- Give uniform time to both the parts.
- Be confident in your preparation.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer 2022: Syllabus Topics
Compulsory Paper 1
- Current National Events
- Indian Constitution
- Important National & International Institutions, Organizations, and fora-their Structures, Mandate,
- Issues of Environmental, Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate changes
- Current International Events
- Salient features or world physical geography
- Physical geography of India
- History of British rules in India and freedom struggle
- Defence & Indian Armed Forces
- Scientific Inventions and use of Science.
- Important aspects of Governance, Transparency & Accountability, e-governance, Role of Civil Services in democracy.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, growth, development, and employment, poverty alleviation, resource mobilization, and inflation.
Compulsory Paper 2
|Name of the Paper||Topic||Subtopics|
|Compulsory Paper 2: Solid and Liquid Waste Management||Solid Waste Management||Unit 1:
|—||Liquid Waste Management||Unit I:
Unit lV –
|—||Hazardous Waste Management||Unit I:
|—||Waste Management Rules, Regulations & its Compliances||—|
|—||Environmental impact Assessment & Environmental Clearances. Site authorization & Consent to Establish & Consent to operate From Pollution Control Board of Bihar.||—|
According to the official note, the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer Syllabus will be as above. However, the department have the right to revise the subject and syllabus given above from time to time.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer 2022: Study Plan
This is a quick 10 days study plan for those candidates who are going for short time preparation.
|Days||Topics to cover|
|Day 1 to 10||Read news paper and watch news regularly.|
|Day 1||Cover the following topics that come under General Studies:
i) Current National Events
ii) Indian Constitution
iii) Important National & International Institutions, Organizations, and for-their Structures, Mandate,
iv) Issues of Environmental, Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate changes
v) Current International Events
vi) Salient features or world physical geography
vii) Physical geography of India
|Day 2||Cover the following topics that come under General Studies:
i) History of British rules in India and freedom struggle.
ii) Defence & Indian Armed Forces
iii) Scientific Inventions and use of Science.
iv)Important aspects of Governance, Transparency & Accountability, e-governance, Role of Civil Services in democracy.
v) Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, growth, development, and employment, poverty alleviation, resource mobilization, and inflation.
|Day 3||Cover the following topics that come under Solid & Liquid Waste Management:
i) Types of solid wastes: municipal solid waste, industrial wastes, hazardous wastes, bio medical waste, E- waste. Evolution of Solid Waste Management
ii) Solid waste: A consequence of life, Waste generation in a technological society, Material flow and waste generation, The development of solid waste management, integrated solid waste management Planning for integrated waste management, Operation of solid waste management system.
|Day 4||Cover the following topics that come under Solid & Liquid Waste Management:
iii) Municipal Solid Waste Characteristics, Sold Waste generation, Composition, Determination of composition, Particle size, Heat value, Bulk and material density Types of materials recovered Mechanical Properties, Biodegradability.
|Day 5||Cover the following topics that come under Solid & Liquid Waste Management:
iv) Collection of Solid Waste, Refuse collection systems- Commercial wastes Transfer stations Collection of recyclable materials Litter and street cleanliness Design of collection system.
|Day 6||Cover the following topics that come under Solid & Liquid Waste Management:
v) Solid waste processing treatment and disposal: Biological Process, Composting, Production of bio fertilizers and energy. Thermal Process incineration, gasification, wet oxidation, pyrolysis, palletization and energy production. Waste management through Reduce’ Recycle and Reuse Kitchen waste management. Land site Classification Types and methods. Design Engineering Current issues in Solid Waste Management, exchange, Advanced Oxidation Process Public and private ownership and operations. Role of the solid waste engineering.
|Day 7||Cover the following topics that come under Solid & Liquid Waste Management:
vi) Waste Management Rules, Regulations and its Compliance’s.
|Day 8||Cover the following topics that come under Solid & Liquid Waste Management:
vii) Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Clearances. Site authorization and Consent to Establish and Consent to operate From Pollution Control Board of Bihar.
|Day 9||Cover the topics you missed out in the previous days.
Practice 2 Mock tests.
|Day 10||Revise all the topics.
Go through previous question papers.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer 2022: Exam Pattern
Paper-I Exam Pattern
|Subject Name||Duration||Total Marks|
|General Studies||02 Hours||100|
Paper-II Exam Pattern
|Subject Name||Duration||Total Marks|
|Solid and Liquid Waste Management||02 Hours||100|
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer 2022 : Mock Test Series
As one of the most important examinations in the state of Bihar is the Bihar PSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer examination. it requires great preparation. There are candidates from different parts of the state who are attending the Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer examinations each year. It is very important to have good preparation and preparation strategy to be successful in these examinations. One good way to make the preparations worthy is the practicing of mock tests. Practicing with Mock tests will assist the candidates to understand the important topics that have to be covered, repeatedly asked questions, examination patterns and the level of difficulty that can be expected for the examination. The given below are some of the links that will take the candidates to the Bihar PSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Mock tests that can be used at the time of the exam preparation.
Mock Question Papers are prepared based on the similar pattern of real question paper. Candidates can attempt Mock question papers to evaluate their preparation.
- Mock question paper gives you the real picture of what can you expect from the examination.
- The more problems you solve, the more prepared you will feel for the tests. You will also get an understanding of what your strengths are and which parts you need to focus on more.
- Working on Mock questions regularly will help you understand the exam pattern and plan your preparation accordingly. This will not only enhance your performance but will also make you more successful.
- Mock Papers will help you become familiar with the marking scheme and also the weightage of important topics in the exam. This will help you to be better organized in your preparation and you can pay more heed to the concepts which will fetch more marks.
|Mock Test Paper – 1||Click Here|
|Mock Test Paper – 2||Click Here|
|Mock Test Paper – 3||Click Here|
|Mock Test Paper – 4||Click Here|
|Mock Test Paper – 5||Click Here|
|Mock Test Paper – 6||Click Here|
BPSC Assistant Sanitary & Waste Management Officer: Eligibility Criteria Overview
|Age|| Min: 21 Years
Max: 37 Years
|Number of Attempts||Till you satisfy the age limit|
BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer Eligibility: Age Limit
Candidates have to fit in the age criteria as mentioned in the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management officer eligibility criteria section. They need to have the certain documents that mention their date of birth. Age Relaxation is also given according to the category of the candidate. Please go through the age criteria given in detail below:
- Minimum Age Limit: 21 Years
- Maximum Age Limit: 37 Years
The reference date for the age is 01/08/2021.
|Minimum Age (General)||21 Years|
|Maximum Age (General)||37 Years|
|EBC/BC (Men and Women), Unreserved Women||40 Years|
|SC/ST (Men and Women)||42 Years|
Note: The candidates claiming relaxation in age have to submit all the important documents at the time of online application submission. Those documents along with other required documents needs to be sent through Speed Post to the BPSC.
BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer Eligibility Criteria 2022: Educational Qualification
Below are details of the educational qualification mentioned in the BPSC Assistant Sanitary and Waste Management Officer eligibility criteria section that a candidate have to accomplish:
- The graduation certificate of the candidate should be issued before 10th February 2022.
- The candidate should be a graduate in either Chemistry or Environment Science.
- The candidate can also hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree or a B.Tech in Chemistry/Civil/Environmental Science/Public Health Engineering/Biotechnology or Bachelor’s degree in Planning/Architecture from a statutory University.
The main theme to pass an exam lies in systematic and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to chase your dream career and focusing for a good foundation, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App offers a great online platform for all those willing to attend for different bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts offer short and precise video classes which assists you in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.