Bihar Public Service Commission has released an advertisement (Advertisement no. 01/2022) regarding recruitment for the the post of Assistant Public Sanitary and Waste Management Officer. The Commission has invited applications from interested and eligible candidates. The official notification as well as the application form is available in the Commission’s website – bpsc.bih.nic.in. We have covered all the details regarding the recruitment in this article.
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Recruitment Overview
|Name of Recruiting Organization||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Name of Post||Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer|
|Department||Bihar Public Sanitation and Waste Management Department|
|Number of vacancies||286|
|Mode of Recruitment||Direct|
|Selection Process||Written Exam|
BPSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application||17th January 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||10th February 2022 (Extended to 25th February 2022)|
|Last Date to Receive Hard Copy||24th February 2022 (Extended to 08th March 2022)|
|Exam Date||Yet to be announced|
|Release of Admit Cards||Yet to be announced|
|Declaration of Results||Yet to be announced|
|Call Letter for interview||Yet to be announced|
|Interview||Yet to be announced|
Bihar PSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Vacancy
According to the official notification by BPSC, there are 286 vacancies for the post of Public Sanitary and Waste Management Officer. The category wise vacancies are mentioned in the table below.
|Category||Number of Vacancies||Vacancies for women based on 35% reservation for women|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||28||8|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||46||17|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||3||1|
|Extremely Backward Classes||51||19|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||34||11|
|Women of Backward Classes||9||0|
Vacancies reserved for grandchildren of freedom fighters of Bihar – 6
Vacancies reserved for people with disabilities
- Visually impaired (VI) – 3
- Deaf and Dumb (DD) – 3
- Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) – 3
Bihar PSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Eligibility Criteria
The Commission has set certain criteria for recruiting candidates for the post of Assistant Public Sanitary and Waste Management Officer. Only those applicants who fulfill these criteria will be considered for the selection process. Read on to know about these criteria in detail:
Applicants should have any one of the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- Environmental Science or Bachelor of Engineering
- B. Tech in Chemistry/ Civil/ Environmental Science/ Public Health Engineering/ Biotechnology or Planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
Applicants should have attained the required qualification by 25th February, 2022.
The minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 37 years for those who are planning to apply for the post. Age relaxation is applicable as follows:
- Female candidates and those belong to Backward Class and Extremely Backward Class: 40 years
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST): 42 years
- Government employees appointed by the government of Bihar and has worked for 3 consecutive years: 42 years
- People with disability: 47 years
- Ex servicemen: 40 years
Bihar PSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Application Process
- Candidates are advised to read the official notification carefully to ensure that they fulfill all the requirements and are well aware of the recruitment process.
- Visit the official website of BPSC – bpsc.bih.nic.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ on the left side of the home page.
- Click on ‘BPSC Online Application’.
- If you are not registered then select the ‘Online Registration’ present on left side of the page.
- Look for the link of Assistant Public Sanitary and Waste Manager Officer and click on Apply Online.
- Carefully fill all the details in the registration form and Submit.
- After the submitting the registration form, you’ll receive a Username & Password on your Registered mobile number with the help of which you’ll be able to login and fill the application form.
- On the right side of the ‘Online Application Portal’ page, you can find the ‘Login’ box. Enter your Username, Password & Captcha code given on screen. Click on ‘Login’ button and application form will be displayed.
- Fill the required details.
- Upload the digital/ scanned signature and passport size photograph in the jpeg format. Make sure that the signature image size should not be more than 15 kb and the photograph image not more than 25 kb.
- Pay the application fee and submit the form.
- Take a print out of the application form as well as the fee receipt.
- Candidates can also send their recruitment application form along with the documents, signature & photograph image to the ‘Joint Secretary-Co-Examination-Controller,15,Jawaharlal Nehru Marg,Patna,800001’.
Applicants will have to pay an application fee along with their application form. The fee for various categories are as follows:
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates of Bihar||Rs. 200|
|All residents of Bihar and other female candidates||Rs. 200|
|People with Disability (More than 40% disability)||Rs. 200|
|All other applicants||Rs. 750|
- Matriculation Certificate (As age proof)
- Degree Certificate
- Degree Mark list
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Identity card with photo
- 4 recent photos
Bihar PSC Assistant Public Sanitary & Waste Management Officer Selection Process
Applicants will have to attend a written exam conducted by the Commission. The written exam will consist of two compulsory papers for a total of 200 marks. Paper I will be objective type paper based on questions from General Studies. Paper II will also be objective type based on questions from Chemistry/ Environmental Science or Chemistry/ Civil/ Environmental Science/ Public Health Engineering/ Bio technology or planning/ Architecture. The level of paper will be of Bachelor of Chemistry/ Environmental Science/ Bachelor of Engineering etc.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Duration||Total Marks|
|Paper I (General Studies)||125||2 hours||100|
|Paper II (Solid and liquid waste management)||125||2 hours||100|
A merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the written exam. If the marks are equal, candidate who is older will be placed higher in the merit list. If the age is same, the candidate whose name appears first in Devanagiri script will be placed higher.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.