Table of Contents
The Education Department under Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released an advertisement regarding new recruitment. The Commission has notified about 6421 vacancies for the post of Headmaster in Higher Secondary Schools in Bihar. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the same. The official notification is available in the Commission’s website: http://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in/. This article provides all the details regarding vacancies, eligibility criteria, application process etc. Online applications can be submitted from 5 March, 2022 till 28 March, 2022.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Number of vacancies||6421|
|Online application commencement date||5 March 2022|
|Last date for online application||28 March 2022|
|Date of exam||Yet to be announced|
|Mode of application||Online|
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 Vacancies
There are a total of 6421 vacancies for the post of Headmaster in Higher Secondary Schools in Bihar. Category wise vacancies are shown in the table below.
|Category||Number of Vacancies||Vacancies reserved for women|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||639||189|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||1027||385|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||66||20|
|Extremely Backward Classes||1157||426|
|Backward Class Women||192||0|
The other reservations include the following:
For the grandchildren of freedom fighters of the state: 128
For people with disabilities:
Deaf and Dumb (DD): 65
Visually Impaired (VI): 67
Orthopaedical Handicap (OH): 63
BPSC Headmaster Salary 2022
The salary for the post of Headmaster is Rs. 35000. Apart from the basic salary, employees will also get other allowances as per government rules from time to time.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 – Essential Qualification
- Candidates should be citizen of India as well as a resident of the state of Bihar.
- Must be post graduate from recognized university with at least 50% marks.
- Must have B. Ed/ B.A.Ed./ B.Sc. Ed. from a recognized institution.
- Should have qualified in the ‘Teacher Eligibility Test’ conducted for teachers appointed on or after
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 – Experience
- Minimum l0 years of continuous service in the post of Secondary Teacher in State Government School under Panchayati Raj Institution or Municipal Body Institution.
- Minimum 12 years of continuous service in the post of Secondary Teacher in School having permanent affiliation from C.B. S.EA.C. S.E./ B.S.E.B.
- Minimum 8 years of continuous service in the post of Senior Secondary Teacher in State Government School under Panchayati Raj Institution or Municipal Body Institution.
- Minimum l0 years of continuous service in the post of Senior Secondary Teacher in School having permanent affiliation from C.B.S.M.C.S.E./ B.S.E.B.
The calculation of experience shall be made on the basis of date of joining or from the date of acquiring training qualification, whichever is later.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 – Age Limit
Candidates applying for the post of Headmaster should have a minimum age of 31 years and maximum age of 47 years. The relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be given by General Administration Department, Government of Bihar. The retirement age for all categories will be fixed at 60 years.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
BPSC will shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Headmaster through a written exam.
The written exam will be of 150 marks of which 100 marks will be for questions from General Knowledge and 50 marks will be for questions from B. Ed course. The exam will be of objective type multiple choice questions. The duration of exam will be 2 hours. Every right answer will be awarded 1 mark and there will be a negative marking of .25 marks for every wrong answers.
The candidates who have appeared for the written exam will have to score a minimum qualifying mark set by the Commission. The category wise qualifying marks are as follows:
- Unreserved Category – 40%
- Backward Class – 36.5%
- Extremely Backward Class – 34%
- SC, ST, Women, People with Disabilities – 32%
The final selection of candidates will be based on merit as well as experience. The syllabus for the written exam is available in the official website of the commission. Candidates can download the syllabus by visiting the website.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 – Application Fee
|Unreserved/ General||Rs. 750|
|SC/ ST candidates of Bihar||Rs. 200|
|Women (permanent residents of Bihar)||Rs. 200|
|People with Disability||Rs. 200|
Apart from the application fee, applicants might to have to pay bank charges as well.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 – Application Process
- Applicants are advised to go through the official notification carefully before submitting the application.
- All applications have to be submitted online through the official website – https://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in/
- In the homepage, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- If you have not registered earlier, complete the registration process.
- If you have already registered, log in using your username and password.
- Fill in all the required information carefully.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Click on Submit.
- After submitting the online application, applicants should again log in and click on ‘Download Filled Application Section’. Take two print outs of the downloaded form.
- Applicants should save their username and password. They should also have a valid mobile number and Email ID.
BPSC Headmaster Recruitment 2022 Documents Required
- Matriculation Certificate (For proof of age)
- Educational certificate
- Experience certificate
- Caste certificate for SC/ ST candidates
- Permanent residence certificate for SC/ ST candidates
- Certificating regarding disability for people with disability
- Certificate to claim reservation in age limit
Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions. Our coaching has helped several PSC aspirants crack the exam.