Table of Contents
In order to help people understand the importance of equality, the death anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar is celebrated in India and this day is a very special occasion for the residents of India. Given below we are sharing the specifications related to BR Ambedkar’s Death Anniversary 2022. You can celebrate this day by sharing the work of Dr BR Ambedkar towards the development of the society that we are living in today and also you can share quotes and his work on your social media.
BR Ambedkar’s Death Anniversary 2022
6th December 2022 will be celebrated as the 67th death anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. He was considered the chief architect of the Indian Constitution. Dr BR Ambedkar Death Date is 6th December 1956. The death anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar is referred to as Mahaparinirvana Divas. He belonged to the Mahar caste which was considered untouchable in Hinduism and he has worked very hard to abolish the practice of untouchability in India. Doctor BR Ambedkar was born on April 14th 1891 in Madhya Pradesh. He suffered economic and social discrimination due to his caste which later was an abolished practice due to his hard work.
Dr BR Ambedkar Death Reason
Ambedkar death anniversary is celebrated in order to provide proper respect to the hard work that Doctor BR Ambedkar has put forward in order to abolish the practice of untouchability in India and to provide proper awareness to the citizens of India related to the economical and financial issues that people of untouchable caste had to go through. He was the first Law Minister of Independent India. Dr BR Ambedkar suffered from diabetes from 1948 and he was bedridden from June to October in the year 1954 due to the side effects and poor eyesight. The status of his health was worse during 1955 and three days after completing his final manuscript of The Buddha And His Dharma, he died in his sleep on 6 December 1956 in Delhi.
Dr BR Ambedkar History
If you look for Doctor Ambedkar history then you will find the various work he has done towards the development of various castes in India who were previously considered as untouchable and now thanks to him, we have proper resources for all of the residents of India irrespective of their caste. This year video celebrations will be done by the Central Government. Tributes and memorial lectures will be organised across the country in which the President and Prime Minister will also participate. A press conference was also held in order to provide information related to the events which will be celebrated for the Mahaparinirvana Divas on 6th December 2021 and all of the residents are encouraged to participate in them.
List of Books Written by Dr. B.R Ambedkar
|1.||Castes in India: Their Mechanism, Genesis and Development||1916|
|2.||Mook Nayak (weekly)||1920|
|3.||The Problem of the Rupee: its origin and its solution||1923|
|4.||Bahishkrut Bharat (India Ostracized)||1927|
|6.||The Annihilation of Caste||1936|
|7.||Federation Versus Freedom||1939|
|8.||Thoughts on Pakistan||1940|
|9.||Ranade, Gandhi and Jinnah||1943|
|10.||Mr. Gandhi and Emancipation of Untouchables||1943|
|11.||What Congress and Gandhi have done to the Untouchables||1945|
|12.||Pakistan Or Partition Of India||1945|
|13.||State and Minorities||1947|
|14.||Who were the Shudras||1948|
|15.||Maharashtra as a Linguistic Province||1948|
|17.||Buddha Or Karl Marx||1956|
|18.||The Buddha and his Dhamma||1957|
|19.||Riddles in Hinduism||2008|
|20.||Manu and the Shudras||—|
Dr BR Ambedkar’s Death Anniversary Significance
Dr BR Ambedkar died on December 6, 1956. Since then, this day of his death has been observed every year. His death anniversary is known as Mahaparinirvan Divas because ‘Parinirvan’ is one of the major principles of the religion Buddhism. It means ‘Nirvana after death’, and according to the Buddhist text, the death of Lord Buddha at the age of 80 is considered to be the original Mahaparinirvan. While he was born a Hindu, Dr BR Ambedkar adopted Buddhism, and since he was an influential guru to his followers, his death was likened to the death of Lord Buddha, which is why this day is observed every year.
This day is remembered by everyone in India to remember the life, career and works of Dr Ambedkar and to help everyone remember the chief architect of the Indian constitution and the founding father of the Republic of India. Mahaparinirvan Divas aims to celebrate every aspect of Dr Ambedkar’s life and keep his memory alive as a prominent figure in Indian history and as a beloved social reformer.
BR Ambedkar’s Death Anniversary 2022 Quotes
Dr BR Ambedkar is known for his immaculate work towards the development of India and also the books that he has written in order to create equality in the society of an independent India. Due to his hard work and now we are presented with reservations for the various categories in the entrance examination and other Government jobs. Given below we are sharing some quotes written by Dr BR Ambedkar.
- We are Indians, firstly and lastly.
- Religion is for man and not man for religion.
- The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.
- If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.
- Freedom of mind is the proof of one’s existence.
- A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of society.
- I want all people to be Indians first, Indian last and nothing else but Indians.
- Democracy is not a form of government, but a form of social organization.
- If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help!
- Justice has always evoked ideas of equality, of the proportion of compensation. In short, Justice is another name of liberty, equality and fraternity.
- Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.
It is important to acknowledge the efforts that our forefathers have put forward in order to create the India in which we are living today. It is our responsibility to create awareness related to various National events and share information related to these events on our social media. Entri is a learning platform that has created video lessons and crash courses related to the various entrance examinations that are conducted in India. Enrol now and you will be eligible to get an abundance of benefits including study materials and sample papers to prepare for your exam.
BR Ambedkar’s Death Anniversary 2022: Quiz
1. When did BR Ambedkar Die?
a. 16 December 1956
b.11 December 1956
c. 6 December 1956
d. 26 December 1956
2. Which decision of Mahathma Gandhi was opposed by BR Ambedkar?
a. Partitioning India
b. Calling lower caste ‘Harijans’
c. Satyagraha Movement
d. Quit India Movement
3. What was Dr. BR Ambedkar’s full name.
a. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
b. Babasaheb Ramjirao Ambedkar
c. Bhimji Rao Ambedkar
d. Baba Ram Ambedkar
4. Which party did BR Ambedkar found during the pre-independent Era?
a. Independent Labor Party
b. Scheduled Castes Federation
d. Bahujan Samaj Party
5. Prior to converting himself to Buddhism , BR Ambedkar planned to convert to some other religion. Which one was it?
7. Which of the following is the home state of Dr. B.R Ambedkar?
a. Andhra Pradesh
c. Madhya Pradesh
8. When was Bharat Ratna awarded to Dr. B.R Ambedkar?
9. Ambedkar was the chairman of __________ committee
d. None of these
10. Which Article of the Indian Constitution did Dr. B.R. Ambedkar term as the “Heart and Soul of the Indian Constitution”?