Hooghly Cochin Shipyard Limited (HCSL), a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Cochin Shipyard Limited invites online applications from candidates fulfilling the eligibility requirements for filling up 10 positions in the Workmen category at Kolkata. The last date to submit the online application is 02 February 2021. Know more details regarding the eligibility requirements, salary, application procedure of Cochin Shipyard recruitment 2021.
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment Overview
|Name of Post||Junior Technical Assistant, Storekeeper, Operators & Welder Cum Fitters|
|Name of Organization||Cochin Shipyard Limited|
|Commencement of online submission of application||12 January 2021|
|Closing of On-line submission of application||02 February 2021|
|Mode of Selection||Phase I-Objective Type Online Test
Phase II- Descriptive / Practical Test
|Salary||W7- Rs. 23500-77000
W6- Rs. 22500-73750
The maximum age shall not exceed 35 years as of 02nd February 2021. The upper age is relaxable by 10 years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD). Age relaxation for Ex-servicemen shall be as per Government of India guidelines.
- The minimum qualification stipulated for the posts must be from a University/ Institute/ Examination Board recognized by AICTE/ appropriate statutory authority/ State/ Central Government.
- Those applicants having qualifications equivalent to any of the prescribed qualifications should submit Equivalency Certificate issued by the Competent Authority and without such Certificate, their candidature shall not be considered.
- The applicants are required to fill in the exact percentage of marks scored by them in the qualifying examination in the online application submitted for the posts.
- The period of post-qualification experience shall be reckoned as on 02 February 2021.
- The period of Apprenticeship Training in the relevant trade/discipline under the Apprentices Act 1961, shall be treated as an experience. Any training with remuneration shall also be treated as an experience.
- Experience Certificates obtained from Companies registered under the Companies Act 1956 or Foreign Companies of equivalent status shall only be considered for shortlisting and for consideration for selection.
- Applicants who are presently working in any company (Private/ Public sector /Govt), in the absence of an experience certificate, should submit a copy of the Appointment / Offer letter issued by the company, latest Pay Slip/copy of last Pay drawn as proof of experience.
The posts are in the Industrial Dearness Allowance (IDA) pattern and consist of Basic Pay, IDA, HRA, and Allowances as admissible. And, the posting shall be at Hooghly Cochin Shipyard Limited (HCSL), Kolkata/ other project sites as desired by HCSL.
- W7- Rs. 23500-77000
- W6- Rs. 22500-73750
|Posts||Payscale||Number of vacancies|
|Junior Technical Assistant
|W7||1 post (UR)|
|Junior Technical Assistant (Electrical)||1 post (UR)|
|Storekeeper||1 post (UR)|
|Operator (Plasma Plate Cutting Machine)||W6
|1 post (UR)|
|Operator (Press)||1 post (UR)|
|Operator (Pipe Bending)||1 post (UR)|
|Operator (Crane)||1 post (UR)|
|Operator (Plate Preservation)||1 post (UR)|
|Welder Cum Fitter [Welder/ Welder (Gas & Electric)]||1 post (UR)|
|Welder Cum Fitter (Fitter)||1 post (UR)|
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2021: Mode of Selection
The mode of selection of candidates will be having two phases;
- Phase I, consisting of an Objective Type Online Test and
- Phase-II consisting of a Descriptive / Practical Test.
|Posts||Method of Selection & Marks|
|Junior Technical Assistant
|Phase I: Objective type online Test – 70 marks (75 minutes duration)
Phase II: Descriptive type Written Test – 30 marks
|Junior Technical Assistant (Electrical)|
|Operator (Plasma Plate Cutting Machine)||Phase I: Objective type online Test – 30 marks (35 minutes duration)
Phase II: Practical Test in the relevant trade – 70 marks
|Operator (Pipe Bending)|
|Operator (Plate Preservation)|
|Welder Cum Fitter [Welder/ Welder (Gas & Electric)]|
|Welder Cum Fitter (Fitter)|
- The Phase I Objective type online test consists of two parts General (Part A) and Discipline related (Part B).
- Part A comprises General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- After Phase I, those candidates who successfully complete the certificate verification will be allowed to attend the Phase-II tests.
- A final merit list for the respective posts shall be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in both Phases I and Phase II tests put together.
Download the Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2021 Notification:
How to Apply for Cochin Shipyard Recruitment?
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria like age, educational qualifications, and experience go through the User Manual and FAQs.
- The application procedure consists of two phases One-time Registration and submission of application against the applicable post.
- Only online mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates should complete their One-time Registration in the SAP Online portal and submit the application. The facility to submit their application can be accessed through CSL website @www.cochinshipyard.com from 12 January 2021 to 02 February 2021
- certificates towards proof of age, educational qualification, experience, caste, disability, etc., and a recent passport size color photograph are to be uploaded.
- Fill in the required details, verify them, and submit.
- After applying online, applicants should retain a soft copy/ printout of the online application containing the unique registration number generated by the system for their reference.
- It is important to note that, the unique registration number shall be obtained only upon successful submission of the online application.