Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from January 04 to 10, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 January 04 to 10
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week January 04 to 10, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
World’s Longest Railway Platform To Be Built at Karnataka’s Hubballi Junction
- The railway station at Karnataka’s Hubballi will soon be transformed into the world’s longest railway platform by the Indian railways.
- Now, the length of the platform is 550 metres, and it was earlier decided to increase it to 1,400 metres.
- However, later the South Western Railway later decided to increase the length to 1,505 metres.
- The platform’s extension is being estimated to cost around Rs 90 crore and the renovation work is expected to be completed by the end of January 2021.
- At present, the 1,366 metre-long platform in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur, which is the headquarters of the North-Eastern Railway (NER), is the longest railway platform in the world and it was renovated in 2013.
Modi inaugurates Rs 3,000-crore gas pipeline to help Kerala, Karnataka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5th January 2021 inaugurated state utility GAIL’s 450-km pipeline joining Kochi with Mangalore, bringing Kerala and Karnataka closer to the national gas grid.
- The state-run gas utility will allow the states to breathe easy by giving households, city transport services and industries easier and uninterrupted access to clean fuel at affordable prices.
- The Kochi-Mangalore pipeline will bring gas to Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka, while passing through Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasaragod districts of Kerala.
“School Bag Policy 2020” released by NCERT
- The Directorate of Education has issued a notice requiring schools to follow the new “School Bag Policy 2020” released by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- According to the notice, school teachers must notify students in advance of the books and notebooks to be brought to the school on a specific date.
- They should check their bags frequently to ensure that they are not carrying unnecessary material.
- Teachers are responsible for checking the weight of students’ schoolbags every three months on a selected day of the class.
The Government of India is to construct the largest floating solar energy project in the world
- The Government of India is to construct the largest floating solar energy project in the world.
- The project is to be constructed at Omkareshwar Dam on Narmada river.
- The project will begin its power generation by 2022 to 2023.
- The floating solar power plant refers to solar panels installed on structures that float on surface of the water.
Hima Kohli Appointed as First Woman Chief Justice of Telangana High Court
- The senior-most judge of Delhi High Court, Justice Hima Kohli has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- She is the first woman to be sworn in as CJ of Telangana HC.
- Justice Kohli was administered the oath of office by Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan on January 07, 2021.
- She replaces CJ Raghvendra Singh Chauhan, who has been appointed as the CJ of Uttarakhand HC.
Japan plans to launch world’s first wood-based satellite by 2023 to reduce space debris
- A team of scientists from Japan is developing the world’s first wood-based space satellite.
- This unique initiative aims to combat the growing problem of space debris or junk.
- The satellite project is jointly being undertaken by Japan’s Sumitomo Forestry company and Kyoto University.
- The first satellite is scheduled to be launched in 2023.
Sanjay Kapoor Elected as New President of All India Chess Federation
- Sanjay Kapoor has been elected as the President of the All India Chess Federation (AICF), during the online polls held on January 04, 2021.
- Bharat Singh Chauhan has been re-elected as the Secretary’ of AICF and Naresh Sharmahas been elected as Treasurer.
- Apart from the president, secretary and treasurer, six vice-presidents and six joint secretaries were also elected.
- All India Chess Federation (AICF) headquarter – Chennai.
Justice Pankaj Mithal sworn in as new Chief Justice of J&K and Ladakh High Court
- Justice Pankaj Mithal has been appointed as the new Chief Justice (CJ) of the Common High Court for the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh in Jammu on January 04, 2021.
- Chief Justice Mithal replaces Chief Justice Gita Mittal, who has retired recently.
- Chief Justice Mithal was administered the oath of office by Lieutenant Governor of J&k, Manoj Sinha.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.