Table of Contents
GATE COAP 2022 also known as Common Offer Acceptance Portal is the counseling process that is held at the national level. It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi), for admission of eligible aspirants in post-graduation in engineering courses in IITs. The council will allot the seat based on merit and the choice filled by the aspirant. COAP is the portal where individuals will see their GATE result of seat allotment made by the college in which they applied.
COAP 2022 is formed by 22 institutes, including many IITs along with IISc Bangalore. Soon after the announcement of the results, GATE COAP 2022 enrolment will begin in the last week of March 2022 tentatively.
GATE COAP 2022
The GATE COAP portal should be visited by the aspirants to access and make a decision on the most preferred choice out of the offers if any made by the PSUs or participating Institutes. Without registering aspirants cannot access the offers. The COAP (Common offer acceptance portal) Registration will commence in the fourth week of March and counseling is scheduled between 20th May 2022 and 17th June 2022. COAP also announces the GATE Cut off for different educational institutions established in various parts of the country including IITs and NITs.
GATE COAP 2022: Seat Allotment Process
Seats are allotted under COAP 2022 depending on GATE scores, cutoffs, and preferences filled by the aspiring candidates. A total of five rounds of counseling are conducted, with extra rounds scheduled if seats become available. Aspirants who choose to take over the seats must finish the process by logging onto the institute portal, paying the required fees, and submitting the required documentation. Aspirants, on the other hand, have three options: accept and freeze, reject, or keep. They can proceed with their choice by selecting one of them.
GATE COAP 2022 Important Dates
Candidates must check the given below table of GATE COAP 2022 Important Dates to understand the counseling process:
GATE COAP 2022 Schedule Tentative
|Accept and Freeze||Retain and
|COAP Registration||4th week of March 2022|
|Round 1||Counselling 4th week of May 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 2||Counselling 1st week of June 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 3||Counselling 2nd week of June 2022||Yes||Yes or No*||Yes|
|Round 4||Counselling 3rd week of June 2022||Yes||Yes or No*||Yes|
|Round 5||Counselling 4th week of June 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
- No, if the candidate used Retain & Wait twice on the same deal. The identical offer is for a program “ABC” at a specific Institute “XYZ.”
- Accept & Freeze (ii) Retain & Wait (iii) Reject & Wait will be available in first four Rounds.
- Since Round 5 is a Conclusive Round, aspirants will only have the options of ‘Accept and Freeze’ or ‘Reject.’
GATE COAP 2022 Counseling Dates for Extra Rounds (Tentative)
|Accept and Freeze||Retain and
|Round A||1st week of July 2022 (Tentative)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round B||2nd week of July (Tentative)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round C||3rd week of July (Tentative)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round D||4th week of July 2022 (Tentative)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Round E||4th week of July 2022 (Tentative)||Yes||No||Yes*|
|Round F||2nd week of August 2022 (Tentative)||Yes||No||Yes|
- Participants may be required to take part in spot rounds, which may be conducted online or offline and are specific to the institutes.
- There may be a few more extra rounds from certain participating institutes, depending on the vacancy condition and admission date.
- Additional Rounds A, B, C, and D are all separate rounds that are treated as if they were Conclusive Rounds. In these rounds,participants will only have the options of ‘Accept and Freeze’ or ‘Reject.’
GATE COAP 2022 Registration Process
IIT Bombay will begin the GATE COAP 2022 registration process on the COAP official website. COAP counseling process is mainly held in three stages –
- online registration
- online seat allotment and
- admission into allotted institutes.
These three stages are explained below:
Step 1: Registering Online
- Only the GATE 2022 qualified aspirants can apply for online counseling.
- After successful registration, aspirants have to pay the fee.
- Fee submission confirms the individual’s registration. After fee payment, they have to fill their preferred programs and institutes.
Step 2: Seat allotment (Online)
- After the complete online registration, seats will be allotted to aspirants on the basis of their GATE merit list after the different rounds of seat allotment.
- Once the seat is allotted to the aspirant, he or she have to visit the allotted institute for the payment of the course fee.
Step 3: Admission process to Allotted Institutes
- The aspirant is advised to bring the original documents along with them at the allotted institutes.
- The aspirant will be issued a provisional admission letter after the verification of the original documents and fee payment.
- After all, these formalities aspirant must confirm their admission.
- Confirmation of the allotted seat is important because if the seat is not confirmed, the institute can allot it to some other aspiring candidate.
GATE COAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must ensure their GATE COAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria before filling the form. Given below are all important points for GATE COAP 2022 eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must possess the citizenship of India.
- Aspirants should have a valid GATE Score.
- Passing Year: Individuals who have passed the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) in the year of 2019, 2020 or 2021 can apply for GATE COAP 2022.
How to Verify Admission Offer through GATE COAP 2022?
Aspirants can follow the steps given below to check admission offer provided to them through GATE COAP 2022:
Step 1: Visit the official Portal of COAP 2022 i.e coap.iitm.ac.in
Step 2: Enter your login credentials and log in to your account.
Step 3: Click on the button displaying “Seat Allotment”
Step 4: Now the institute-wise seat allotments list can be seen on the screen and the aspirants can confirm their seat by choosing Accept and Freeze or Retain and Wait or Reject and Wait.
GATE COAP 2022 Counselling
A total of 5 rounds of counseling are conducted, with extra rounds scheduled if seats become available. Aspirants who choose to accept the seats must finish the process by logging onto the institute portal, paying the fees, and submitting the all the required documents. Aspirants, on the other hand, have three options: accept and freeze, reject, or keep. They can proceed with the operation by choosing one of them.
Meaning of the three Options Provided in GATE COAP 2022 Counselling
Option No.1 – Accept and Freeze
- The aspirant can use this option if he or she is willing to accept the available offers and is not interested in upgrading to higher preferences incoming rounds.
- Once the aspirants will select this option, he or she will not be considered for admission in further
- After choosing the ‘Accept and Freeze’ option, aspirants should click the submit button to confirm the submission of his or her decision. After which aspirants can visit the respective Academic Institute’s Admission Portal and follow the procedure as instructed by the respective institute’s official
Option No.2 – Retain and Wait
- Aspirants can select this option if she or she is partially accepting any one of the available offers and can be considered for upgrading to the aspirant’s higher preferences, if any, in the up coming round of offers.
- If an aspirant selects this option, then he or she will not be considered for the other rejected offers in the same round.
- If by chance, any higher preferred offer is made in the next round of counseling then the candidate’s existing ‘Retain and Wait’ offer will be cancelled.
- An aspirant can choose “Retain and Wait” on the same offer only two times.
- Aspirants will be considered for other higher preferences in the up coming round(s) of admission offered in the Institutes.
- After choosing the ‘Retain and Wait’ option, aspirants have to click submit to confirm the the decision.
Option No.3 – Reject and Wait
- The aspirant can select this option if he or she is not willing to accept any of the provided offers for admission in the present
- In the up coming round(s) of admission provided by participating in academic Institutes, aspirants will be considered for other higher preferences.
- Aspirants must note that the same offer will not appear in the further rounds as he or she has rejected this offer.
- After selecting the ‘Reject and Wait’ option, aspirants should click the submit button to confirm his or her
Our R&D team provides the best material and books for the complete preparation of all government exams. We provide PDFs of the previous year’s question papers with solutions and detailed analysis. All you need to do is download the Entri App and start practicing.