Table of Contents
As we are all aware of the fact that Hindi is the National Language of India. Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14th September every year since 1950, to commemorate the importance of the language and to celebrate the day, when it was adopted as one of the official languages of India. Hindi is one of the two official languages of the Union government the other being English. It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India. The Constituent Assembly of India in 1949, recognized and adopted Hindi — an Indo-Aryan language written in the Devanagari script as the official language of the newly-formed independent India. In this article we will discuss about the importance of Hindi Diwas 2020 and provided quiz based on it.
Importance of Celebrating Hindi Diwas 2020
Hindi (हिन्दी), is an Indo-Aryan language spoken in India written in the Devanagari Script. It is one of the two official languages of the Government of India, along with the English language. It is also the official language of 9 states and 3 Union Territories and additional official language of 3 states. It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India. Hindi is the fourth most-spoken first language in the world, after Mandarin, Spanish and English.
Part XVII of the Indian Constitution deals with the official language of India. In 1950, Hindi was declared to be the official language of the union along with English. At first it was decided that the use of English for official purposes was to stop 15 years after the constitution coming into effect, i.e., on 26 January, 1965. This caused chaos in the non Hindi-speaking areas of India, especially Dravidian-speaking states whose languages were not related to Hindi at all. As a result, in 1963, Parliament enacted the Official Languages Act which let the continued use of English for official purposes along with Hindi, even after 1965.
How Hindi Diwas is Celebrated in India?
This day is celebrated to mark the importance of the day and language in India. Hindi Diwas is celebrated across schools, colleges, office and organizations in India. Most schools and colleges host literary competitions in commemoration of the day. In schools competitions like writing poems, essays etc. is conducted. On this day, the President of the country gives awards to people for their contributions to the language in Delhi’s Vigyan Bhawan.
Hindi Diwas 2020 Quotes
• “Hindi is the soul of Indian Culture – Kamalapathi Tripathi”.
• “A Nation is dumb without a National Language –Mahathma Gandhi”.
• “A Country that does not take pride in it’s language and literature can never progress – Dr. Rajendra Prasad”.
Hindi Diwas 2020 Quiz
1. In which script is Hindi language written?
2) In which year Hindi language was adopted as Official language of India?
3. How many Official languages are there in Indian constitution?
4. Which is the first epic poem written in Hindi literature
A) Prithviraj Raso
B) Naishdhiya Charitra,
5. Which is the first state in India to aacept Hindi as official language?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
6. In which schedule of constitution is the official language mentioned?
Check Few Important Links Here-
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation?
• Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
• Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
• You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams