The India Government is charged with the responsibility to supply coins for the Reserve Bank of India. The India Government Mint operates four mints in the country for the manufacturing of coins, they are in: Mumbai., Maharashtra, Kolkata, West Bengal, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, Hyderabad, Telangana. The Noida mint was the first mint in the country to produce stainless steel coins. India Government Mint 2020 – Jr Office Asst Typing Skill Test Date Announced.
The Government of India had announced the notification regarding the vacancies in the mint for the post of Junior Office Assistant, the officials have already conducted the written examination (which is the first phase of the recruitment drive) for the eligible candidates. The candidates who pass the written examination qualify for the next phase which is the examination to test the candidates typing skills. The India Government Mint of Hyderabad has released the details about the typing test. India Government Mint 2020 has announced the typing Skill test date announced.
India Government Mint 2020 – Jr Office Asst Typing Skill Test Date
The examination is supposed to take place on 22nd and 23rd of December,2020 as per the notification released by the officials, the Admit Card for the typing(skill) examination will be available online in the official website 7 to 10 days before the examination. There are 10 vacancies for the post of Junior Office Assistant.
The norms for the Jr Office Asst Typing skill test
- English typing at 40 words per minute the total time allotted for the English typing will be 10 minutes.
- Hindi typing at 30 words per minute and the time allotted here is also 10 minutes.
- A mistake of 5% of the total words typed may be ignored and after that limit for every mistake, the corresponding number of words will be deducted from the total words typed by the candidate.
General Instructions to the candidates for the typing examination
The officials have published a notice regarding various instructions that the candidates who are shortlisted for the typing examination must keep in mind before coming for the examination.
- The officials will provide the candidates with the computers in their examination centres for attending the typing skill test.
- This computer-based typewriting examination is a qualifying test and the candidates who acquire the minimum typing speed shall be considered for appointment.
- The candidates are supposed to reach the examination centre one hour before the commencement of the examination and must take their seats 30 minutes before the commencement of examination or the reporting time mentioned on the admit card.
- If the computer of any candidates goes out of order or stops to work the candidates are advised not to shout and disturb others instead, they are expected to remain seated quietly and inform the invigilator about the problem faced by him/her.
- The candidates should type their full name & roll number in the software provided on the screen. He/she should acquaint himself/herself with the new software. A candidate will be given a time of 10 minutes for getting familiarized with the software, of which a 5 minute will be provided for a demo test before the actual test for which a demo essay is provided.
- Once a candidate completes his/her typing before the completion of the prescribed time he/she is expected to remain seated.
- Soon after the typewriting test is over the candidates will have to write in one paragraph his/her handwriting consisting of about 50-60 words from the typewriting passage given to him/her on a separate sheet and will have to write his/her name and put his /her signature at the end.
- The candidates are not supposed to tear any sheet given to them. When the printout of the passage typed by him is given to him, he should write his Roll No. and Name on each page, put his sign and handover the printout to the Selection committee/invigilator.
- The speed of each candidates will be judged on the accuracy of typing on the computer of a text passage given to them in 10 minutes.
- Every candidate will be supplied with an attendance sheet bearing their photographs. He/she is supposed to sign on it and put his/her Left-Hand Thumb Impression before the beginning of the Test.
- The candidates won’t be allowed to leave the examination hall before the fixed examination time gets over.
- After the completion of the test, the candidates should remain seated at their desks and wait until their scripts are collected and accounted for. They are not supposed to type, write, or erase after the expiry of the allotted time.
- The candidates are expected to maintain absolute silence inside the examination hall before the exam starts, during the examination as well as after the exam time gets over.
- The candidates should strictly adhere to the COVID-19 protocol and always keep their face mask intact during the whole process. The candidates are supposed to give a declaration concerning their COVID-19 status along with their Admit card.
- If any candidate fails to follow the instructions given by the invigilator or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable to expulsion from the test.
- Any request regarding a change in time/date/centre/medium of the typewriting examination will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The data submitted by the candidates in the online application form is final.
- The candidates are forbidden from talking to/or consulting any other candidate. If the candidates fail to do so or indulge in disorderly or improper conduct, they will be liable for expulsion from the test or such other action, as the Competent Authority may deem fit.
Important information for the candidates who are seeking an exemption from the typewriting examination
As per the government of India, India Government Mint 2020, a candidate can be exempted from attending the typewriting examination only if he is physically handicapped. A person who is visually handicapped or hearing handicapped will not be included into this category and they won’t get an exception from attending the examination. The candidates who are physically handicapped and have qualified the phase one of the recruitment are supposed to send the scanned copies of some documents (given in the list below) to the following email id firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Medical Certificate seeking exemption in prescribed format (Annexure-VIII) attached to these instructions from the Competent Medical Authority.
- Certificate of disability in the prescribed format as per Annexures IVA, IV B & IV C of Advertisement No.01/2020 dated 01.07.2020.
- Undertaking as per the format annexed with these instructions.
- Along with that, the candidates should also report at the examination centre for skill test as per the date & time printed on the Call letter/Admit Card along with the above-mentioned documents (Original & one Set of Self-Attested Photocopies) to seek exemption from Typing Test on Computer. The candidates who have requested for exemption are required to produce all the above-mentioned documents in original before India Government Mint, Hyderabad at the time of document verification. If any candidate fails to produce any or all of the above documents, his/her candidature shall be cancelled for this recruitment and such candidates will have no claim against India Government Mint, Hyderabad’s decision.
- If any candidate who is eligible to exemption from writing the typing test is absent on the day of examination will be disqualified.
- A Candidate who is eligible for scribe will be given compensatory time of 5 minutes provided he/she has opted for scribe in the online application form. Thus, the duration of Typing Test for such candidates will be 15 minutes.
As per the notice published by the HR the examination centre for the upcoming typewriting examination which is supposed to take place on the 22nd and 23rd of December,2020 would be:
Swamy Vivekananda Institute of Technology (SVIT), Mehboob College Campus, Patny Centre, Sarojini Devi Road, Near Clock Tower, Secunderabad, Telangana – 500 003
India Government Mint 2020 has brought forward such a wide opportunity for the government job aspirants. The examination would take place on four different timings which is 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm on both the days. The detailed list regarding the date and time of examination for each candidate is uploaded on the official website.
Entri App provides new study methodology to crack any competitive government exams. Subscribe to Entri App and discover the techniques, mock tests and previous year question papers along with the sample papers for better practice.