Indian Air Force has let out the notification for the selection of Agniveer 2022. Interested aspirants can now visit the official website to know more about this vacancy. The selection process for the post of Air Force Agniveer mainly consists of six phases Written Exam, CASB, Physical Efficiency and Measurement Test, Adaptability Test – I and II, Document verification and Medical Examination. Common Entrance Exam being the first and most crucial stage. In this article we will discuss some of the sample questions that may appear in the Exam.
Indian Air Force Agniveer Sample Questions and Answers
Here are some sample questions that the aspirants can practice under each subject.
English Sample Questions and Answers
Directions (1-3): In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
1. Zero tolerance
(a) Accuracy is paramount
(b) Non-acceptance of antisocial behaviour
(c) No return without risk
(d) No problem at all
2. Variety is the spice of life
(a) New experiences make life more interesting
(b) Experimentation may be risky
(c) Life is very beautiful
(d) There is no life without excitement
(a) To escape from captivity
(b) Be free of all responsibilities
(c) To Get something unexpected
(d) Without suffering any punishment or injury
Directions (4-8): In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.
4. The two men were (1)/ quarrelling with one another (2)/ claiming the same watch as their own. (3)/ No Error (4)
5. Everybody knows (1)/ that Bhutan is the most peaceful (2)/ of all other countries of the world. (3)/ No Error (4)
6. My sister-in-laws (1)/ who lives in Kolkata (2)/ have come to stay with us. (3)/ No Error (4)
7. These kind of clothes (1)/ are rather expensive (2)/ for me to buy. (3)/ No Error (4)
8. Chilika is the (1)/ largest brackish water (2)/ lagoon in Asia. (3)/No Error (4)
Directions (9-10): Choose the correct synonym of the words from the options given below.
GK Sample Questions and Answers
1. What is the name of the court poet of King Harshavardhana?
2. Which emperor composed the drama ‘Nagananda’ in the Sanskrit language?
(c) Chandragupta II
3. Takshashila University was located between which two rivers?
(a) Indus and Jhelum
(b) Jhelum and Ravi
(c) Beas and Indus
(d) Satluj and Indus
4. Who is the most prominent god of ‘Rig Veda’?
5. Big landlords or warrior chiefs in the seventh century were acknowledged as _________ by the existing kings?
6. Who amongst the people given below was the descender of Sikh Guru Har Krishan?
(a) Guru Angad Dev
(b) Guru Tegh Bahadur
(c) Guru Hargobind
(d) Guru Amar Das
7. The queen who was known as Didda,ruled over which part of India between 980 – 1003?
8. Jama Masjid of Delhi was built in which century?
9. In which year did the Portuguese captured Goa from Bijapur?
10. Who among the following were the pioneers in opening oceanic trade with India?
Arithmetic Sample Questions and Answers
1. A bookseller bought 500 text books for 20,000. He wanted to sell them at a profit so that he get 50 books free. At what profit percent should he sell them?
(a) 10 %
(b) 20 %
(c) 15 %
(d) 10.5 %
2. 20% of a man’s salary is paid as rent, 60% are his living expenses and 10% are his savings. If he spends remaining Rs. 30 on the education of his children, find his salary?
3. The radius of a sphere and hemisphere are same. The ratio of their total surface area is:
4. There are 1400 students in a school, 25% of those wear spectacles and 2/7 of those wearing spectacles are male students. How many female students in the school wear spectacles?
5. A can do 1/3rd of a work in 5 days and B can do 2/5th of this work in 10 days. Both A and B, together can do the work in
(a) 7 3/8 days
(b) 8 4/5 days
(c) 9 3/8 days
(d) 10 days
6. The marked price of a fan is Rs. 1200 and the shopkeeper puts up a discount of 5 % on the price. Then fan is sold for
(a) Rs. 1410
(b) Rs. 1400
(c) Rs. 1140
(d) Rs. 1104
7. A train covers a distance in 50 minutes if it runs at a speed of 48 km/hr on an average. The speed at which the train must move at to reduce the time taken on journey to 40 minutes is–
(a) 45 km/hr
(b) 50 km/hr
(c) 60 km/hr
(d) 75 km/hr
8. A machine cost Rs. 32000 at present. If the value of the machine depreciates at the rate of 5% compounded annually. What will be the value of the machine be after 3 years?
(a) Rs. 23189
(b) Rs. 24598
(c) Rs. 25248
(d) Rs. 27436
9. The slant height of a conical mountain is 2.5 km, and the area of its base is 1.54 km². Find the height of the mountain.
(a) 2.2 km
(b) 2.4 km
(c) 3 km
(d) 3.11 km
10. Among the three numbers, the second is twice the first and is also thrice the third. If the average of the three numbers is 55, find the larger number.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.