We need to understand the disability that the people go through and we also need to understand the problems and their fees in their day-to-day life due to the disability that they are gifted with. Given below, we will be sharing with all of you the specifications of the International Day of Disabled Persons 2021. We will also share with all of our readers the specifications of the theme and also the activities that you can undertake in order to create proper information and awareness related to PWD people.
International Day of Disabled Persons 2021
International Day Of Disabled Persons 2021 Date is 3rd December 2021. On this day, various events will be conducted in order to promote the understanding of the disability issues that the people are going through in our world and also there will be a proper increase in the awareness related to the disabilities that the people go through. Each year various themes are adopted by the UN in order to create events that will help the PWD people get proper representatives in various leadership opportunities of the world.
International Day Of Disabled Persons 2021 Theme
The theme for IDPD this year is “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.”It is important to have proper inclusion of people from all physical disabilities in leadership and other activities related to the development of the world. Approximately 15% of the world population is suffering from some kind of disability and 80% of these people are living in developing countries. This year’s theme is to bring proper changes in leadership and the participation of PWD people in the post-covid-19 world. It is important for the PWD people to get properly represented in various important leadership roles across the world.
International Day Of Persons With Disabilities Activities
There are a lot of activities available for the people who want to develop this country and make the PWD people more loved. Virtual events will be conducted by the UN through which you can participate. You can check out the virtual events which will be conducted on various topics such as leadership and also reducing inequalities through technologies. You can use your social media platform in order to create awareness related to the people who are suffering from disabilities in India and you can post your videos and rules by using the #IDPD.
International Day of Disabled Persons 2021 Quotes
You can share various messages on your social media with the hashtag in order to provide proper support to the candidates who are suffering from physical disabilities or mental disabilities and help them to make them aware that they are needed in this world. Given below are sharing some of the most important quotes related to physical disability shared by popular writers across the world.
- “Life is all about balance. Since I have only one leg, I understand that well.” Sandy Fussell, Shaolin Tiger
- “Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.” Bethany Hamilton
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” –Christopher Reeve
- “For me, disability is a way of getting some extremity, some kind of very difficult situation, that throws an interesting light on people.” –Mark Haddon
- “Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.” -Martina Navratilova
- “I’m officially disabled, but I’m truly enabled because of my lack of limbs. My unique challenges have opened up unique opportunities to reach so many in need.” Nick Vujicic
- “….What I learned was that these athletes were not disabled, they were super–abled. The Olympics is where heroes are made. The Paralympics is where heroes come.” ― Joey Reiman
- “I have had this desire my whole life to prove people wrong, to show them I could do things they didn’t think I could do.” David A. Paterson
It is important to have information related to the various events which are celebrated by the UN in order to support the underdeveloped countries and people who are suffering. We can be a part of the initiative by creating awareness on the issue and celebrating the days through social media platforms and online posting. Entri learning platform which creates video lessons and crash courses that will help people understand the concept of the entrance examination that they will be taking in order to get their dream job. Enrol now.