A group of interconnected computers is called a computer network. Networks may be classified based on their characteristics. In Java networking, two or more devices are connected using Java to share the resources between them. The java.net package provides a collection of classes and interfaces that may allow us to do network programming.InetAddress class is one of the classes within the package java.net.It holds Internet addresses as host names and as IP addresses.
Join Entri App for Java Programming courses!
The TCP/IP protocol and UDP protocol are supported by the java.net package. Transmission Control Protocol gives reliable, ordered delivery of a stream of bytes from one program on one computer to another program on another computer.TCP is usually used over the Internet Protocol. It is a connection-oriented protocol and it uses a port number. User Datagram Protocol does not provide the reliability or ordering that the TCP protocol provides. In this protocol packets of data are transferred between applications. UDP is a connectionless protocol and also it uses a port number.
Learn Java from experts! Join Entri App!
Networking Classes in Java
In network programming, java language is the premier. Java.net package sums up a large number of network classes and interfaces. These classes and interfaces provide easy means to access the network. The important classes in java network packages are:
- CacheRequest – It is used to store resources. These resources are stored in ResponseCache. The objects in this class give the advantage of the OutputStream object to store resource data in the cache
- CookieHandler – It provides a callback mechanism. It helps to secure HTTP state management policy. It specifies the ways how to make HTTP requests and responses.
- CookieManager – It helps in the management of the implementation of CookieHandler. It separates the storage of cookies from the policy of accepting and rejecting cookies.
- DatagramPacket – The connectionless transfer of messages is done with the help of this package. The tools for datagram packet production are provided by this tool.
- InetAddress – Any hostname’s address can be provided with the help of this package. It can handle both Ipv4 and Ipv6 addresses.
- Server Socket – It is used for the implementation of the system independent of the server-side of a client. If a port is being used by another this package will give an exception when trying to use it.
- Socket – It is used to create socket objects. Users can implement various networking actions using this package. The actions like sending, reading data, closing connections, etc.
- Datagram Socket – For sending and receiving packets datagram socket provides a connectionless point. These packets sent are individually routed. This is a mechanism of java that helps network communication via UDP instead of TCP.
- Proxy – It can be termed as a tool or method or even a program. It behaves like a wall between the computers and the users. It preserves the data of users and computers.
- URL – To any point on Internet, the URL class act as the entry point.
- URLConnection – This describes the connection of a resource. It assists two interrelated yet distinct purposes. Users can also configure fields with the help of URLConnection.
Advantages of Java Networking
Java Network programming is a group of interconnected computers. It helps the users to browse networks with the help of the networking classes provided by it. Let us look at the key advantages of Java Networking.
- Sharing of Resources (Resources like scanner, printer, etc)
- Centralized software installation
- Sharing of data
- Reduce redundancy of application
- Developers’ burden can be reduced
- Reduce memory wastage
- No need of installing the same software on all systems
- Reduce time for the development of applications
Join Entri App for best Java Programming courses!
Java Networking is very helpful for the developers to perform their specific tasks within time and with good efficiency It also provides the centralized software option where the software needs to be installed in one system and can be used in all connected computers. The network classes which are important in different aspects also are of great help to the developers.
Discussion about this post