Table of Contents
JKPSC or Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has notified 35 vacancies for the post of Veterinary Assistant Surgeon. The application process has already started since 27 April 2022 and the last date of application is 26 May 2022. Aspirants can apply for the vacancies on the official website jkpsc.nic.in. Aspirants will be able to edit their application form from 28 to 30 May 2022.
Jammu and Kashmir PSC is a constitutional body. The government of India established Jammu ans Kashmir PSC under articles 128 and 133. The primary purpose of JKPSC is to conduct civil service exams to recruit aspirants for the different government posts in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is an independent body. Hence, it selects the aspirants based on a merit list and reservations rights. JKPSC aims to choose the most desirable and worthy candidates for operating the civil services and other government posts. Moreover, aspirants should perform other functions assigned to the Commission by the mandate of the Constitution.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Overview
Jammu and Kashmir PSC has recently sought a job notification for the recruitment of a Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Vacancy. Desirous candidates can check all the job details in the table given below:
|Post Name||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon|
|Mode Of Exam||Offline|
|Selection Process||Written Test|
|Salary Scale||Level-9 INR 52700-166700/-|
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Important Dates
Important Dates – JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022
|Apply Online Date||27 April 2022|
|Last Date for payment of Application Fees||26 May 2022|
|Date for correcting the Application Form||28 – 30 May 2022|
|Call letter for Written Test||Not yet released|
|Written Exam||Not yet declared|
|Result||Not yet declared|
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Vacancy
Currently there are 35 vacant posts for JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022. The vacancies under various categories are tabulated below.
|Name of the Post||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC/IB||Social Cast||PSP||EWS||Total|
|Veterinary Assistant Surgeon||18||3||2||4||2||1||1||4||35|
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Salary
The aspirants who gets selected for this post will be given a salary scale of 9th level ie INR 52 700-166700/- along with other perks and allowances.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants should have B.V. Sc and A.H. Degree from a recognized University.
- Desirable Qualification: B.V.Sc and A.H.
Age Limit as on 1 Jan 2022
Age requirements for various categories is tabulated below:
|Sl.No||Category||Age limit||Born Between|
|1.||Open Merit(OM)||40||1 Jan 1982 and 1 Jan 2004|
|2.||PHC||42||1 Jan 1980 and 1 Jan 2004|
|3.||SC/ST/RBA/ALC-IB/EWS/Social Caste/PSP||43||1 Jan 1979 and 1 Jan 2004|
|4.||In service candidate/Government||40||1 Jan 1982 and 1 Jan 2004|
The candidate must be a domicile of J&K. He/She must posses a domicile certificate from prescribed authority.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: How to Apply
Step 1: Visit official website Jammu and Kashmir PSC I.e jkpsc.nic.in
Step 2: Go to ‘Recruitment’ – ‘Job or Online Application’
Step 3: Click on the application link against the VAS or Veterinary Assistant Surgeon posts.
Step 4: Register and click on the apply online link
Step 5: Fill in the application form, upload documents, and pay the fees.
Step 6: Submit the form and take a printout of the same.
Candidates have to pay a fee of INR 1000 for the general category and INR 500 for reserved categories. There is no fee for Physically Handicapped category.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Exam Pattern
- The OMR based written test will comprise of 120 MCQ/Objective type questions of one (01) mark each which needs to be answered in two hours (120 minutes) on the basis of Syllabus mentioned below.
- Each question will be followed by four answer (a,b,c,d) options. The aspirant will have to encircle/blacken the option he or she thinks is right or correct on the OMR answer sheet with blue or black ball pen.
- For each question for which wrong answer has been given by the aspirant, one-fourth (0.25 approx) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty
- of questions shall be 120 out of which 100 shall be on the subject matter [ as per syllabus] and 20 questions on GK or General Knowledge.
|Type of Questions||Subject Name||No. of Questions||Exam Duration|
|Objective Type||Veterinary Science||100||2 Hours|
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Syllabus
|Veterinary Science||Animal Husbandry||Dairy Science|
|· Major contagious diseases affecting cattle and drought animals, poultry and pigs.
· Artificial insemination, fertility and
· Veterinary hygiene with reference to water, air and
· Principles of immunization and
· Description, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases of:
· Cattle: Anthrax, Foot and mouth disease, Hemorrhagic, Septicaemia Rinderpest, Black quarter, Tympantis, Diarrhoea, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Johnes disease and diseases of new born calf.
· Poultry: Coccidiosis, Ranikhet, Fowl Pox, Avian leucosis, marks
· Swine: Swine
· Poisons used for killing
· Drugs used for doping of race horses and the techniques of
· Drugs used to tranquilize wild animals as well as animals in
|· General: Importance of livestock in Agriculture, Relationship between plant and Animal Husbandry, Mixed farming livestock and milk production
· Genetics: Elements of genetics and breeding as applied to improvement of animals. Breeds of indigenous and exotic cattle, buffaloes, goats, sheeps, pigs and poultry and their potential of milk, eggs, meat and wool
· Nutrition: Classification of feeds, feeding standards, computation of ration and mixing of rations, conservation of feeds and
· Management: Management of livestock (Pregnant and milking cows, young stock), livestock records, principles of clean milk production, economies of livestock farming Livestock
|· Study of milk composition, physical properties, and food value.
· Quality control of milk, common tests, and legal standards.
· Utensils and equipment and their cleaning.
· Organization of Dairy, processing of milk, and distribution.
· Manufacture of Indian indigenous milk products.
· Simple dairy operations.
· Microorganisms are found in milk and dairy products.
· Diseases are transmitted through milk to man.
Section B: General Knowledge
- About India.
- History – India & World.
- Cultural Heritage.
- General Science.
- Space & IT.
- Indian Constitution.
- National news (current).
- Indian Culture.
- Political Science.
- Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity & Governance.
- Science & Technology.
- Scientific observations.
- International issues.
- Everyday Science.
- Sports and Games.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Important Days.
- General Knowledge of Karnataka.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- General Politics.
- Awards and Honors.
- Books and Authors.
- Social Science.
- Inventions in the World.
- Indian Parliament.
- Indian Politics
- Basic Computer.
- Famous Days & Dates.
- Indian Culture.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Exam Center
- The written test will be conducted in Jammu and Srinagar centers.
- The examination center cannot be changed at any cost.
- The date, venue and time of the exam will be available on the official website two weeks prior to the exam.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Selection Process
- The selection for the post of veterinary Assistant Surgeon post shall be by written test only which shall be of graduation standard as far as possible.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Admit Card
It is important to bring print out of JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Admit Card at exam centre. Without a valid Jammu and Kashmir PSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Admit Card the invigilator may deny the candidate from taking the exam. Please note that JKPSC VAS Hall Letter will be available before a week from the date of written exam. The JKPSC VAS Exam Date will be announced soon after the application process and will be updated on the official website of JKPSC. So you can download the JKPSC VAS Admission Ticket from the official website 15 days in advance from the date of exam.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Answer Key
After appearing in the written test aspirants needs to check their answers with official JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Answer Key. This is because it gives an idea about the candidate’s score of JKPSC VAS Written Test Result. The JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Answer Key will be released only after a month from the date of exam. There can be changes in provisional key at certain times. Always try to get JKPSC VAS Revised Key in Pdf form so that you check your score without making any mistakes.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Cut Off
Marks list of previous exams can help us get an idea about how high the Jammu and Kashmir PSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Cutoff may go up. For instance, if we have a look at the JKPSC VAS Cutoff 2020, it was 72.605 for Scheduled Tribe category. On the contrary the same cutoff was 67.119 in the case of waiting list. Have a look in to the following list which has Jammu &Kashmir PSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Cutoff 2022.
Below table shows the cut off marks for selection to the posts of VAS 2019 exam.
|JKPSC VAS 2019 Cut Off Marks Category-wise|
|Category||Cut-off (Select list)||Cut-off (Waiting List)|
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2022: Result
Generally Jammu & Kashmir PSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Selection List releases after the announcement of JKPSC VAS Final Result. Usually the JKPSC VAS Exam Result will be declared within a duration of about two months from the date of written test. So we recommend you to visit this page regularly to get latest update of Jammu and Kashmir PSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Result 2022. In addition you may check JKPSC VAS Recruitment Result on their official website, too.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.