Karnataka Postal Circle notification for the recruitment of Posts of Gramin Dak Sevak Cycle – III/2020-2021 is out for filling 2443 vacancies. Candidates who are interested to apply can check the vacancy details and eligibility criteria mentioned in the Notification and the Online application procedure to apply online. So, know more about the Karnataka Postal Circle GDS Recruitment.
Karnataka Postal Circle GDS Recruitment
|Starting Date for Registration and Fee Payment||21 December 2020|
|Last Date for Registration and Fee Payment||20 January 2021|
|Starting Date to Apply Online||21 December 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||20 January 2021|
|Official website||appost. in|
Karnataka Postal Circle GDS Posts
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Dak Sevak
There is a total of 2443 vacancies announced for various divisions in Karnataka. The category-wise vacancies are as follows:
- Age Limit
The minimum and maximum age for the candidate to apply for the GDS posts is 18 and 40 years respectively as of 21.12.2020 the date of notification of the vacancies. Permissible relaxation in the Upper age limit for different categories can be availed:
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
- Educational Qualification
- Candidate should have a Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India.
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language- candidates should be proficient in Kannada for the Karnataka postal circle.
- Basic Computer Training- Candidates should furnish a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations.
Only online applications will be accepted. The candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself/herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 21.12.2020 to 20.01.2021.
- Prior to application, candidates should go through the notification and instructions thoroughly and understood well before registering themselves for applying online.
- Initially, the candidate has to register in the Registration module once per cycle and obtain a unique registration number.
- Only one Registration is to be made for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for the submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles.
Details needed for Registration
- Name of candidate (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number)
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
- Transgender certificate issued by District Magistrate as per The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act,2019.
- Select the correct board name with an appropriate configuration.
- Then, upload all the mandate documents such as photo, signature, SSC certificate, community certificate, and other documents should be submitted in legible and clearly scanned.
|X class / SSC Certificate (or) X class/SSC Certificate combined marks memo||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; Not exceeding A4 size|
|DOB proof||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; Not exceeding A4 size|
|Computer Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; Not exceeding A4 size|
|Community||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb; Not exceeding A4 size|
|Photo||.jpg/.jpeg||50kb; 200×230 Pixels preferable|
|Signature||.jpg/.jpeg||20kb; 140×60 pixels preferable|
Make fee payment. The Application Fee for each category is as follows:
- For UR/ OBC/ EWS Male: Rs. 100/-
- Female, SC/ST candidates & PwD Candidates: Nil
- Payment Mode: Through Credit/ Debit cards & Net Banking
- Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Click here to apply online for the Karnataka Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020-21:
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates’ online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualifications. Only marks obtained in the 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB (higher age as merit), ST trans-woman, ST female, SC trans-woman, SC female, OBC trans-woman, OBC female, EWS trans- woman, EWS female, UR trans-woman, UR female, ST trans-male, ST Male, SC trans male, SC Male, OBC trans-male, OBC male, EWS trans-male, EWS male, UR trans-male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per the cycle of online engagement.
So, all these about the latest Cycle 3-Karnataka notification of Postal Circle GDS Recruitment. Candidates can download the notification to know more about the division-wise vacancies and recruiting authorities.
Download the Karnataka Postal Circle GDS Recruitment Notification PDF: