Table of Contents
Karnataka Public Service Commission conducts the recruitment examination for the selection of eligible candidates for various positions through the recruitment examination every year. There are various KPSC examinations that are scheduled and also expected to be announced in the year 2021 for the interested candidates. For every candidate to make the recruitment examination easy and the preparation more strategic, it is very important to understand the examination syllabus and the examination pattern. Likewise, the KPSC also follows certain criteria and patterns for the examination every year and the candidates who are preparing for the examination have to follow it for achieving good results. So for every candidate to make their preparation more strategic and goal-oriented, it is very important to understand the Karnataka PSC Syllabus 2021 and Karnataka PSC Exam pattern. In this article, you can understand the complete details regarding the Karnataka PSC examination syllabus and KPSC exam pattern.
KPSC Exam 2021
Karnataka PSC conducts the recruitment examination for the selection of eligible candidates for various positions under various departments. Karnataka PSC has published notifications inviting applications from candidates to various positions in the recent past. The details regarding the KPSC examination and Karnataka PSC exam syllabus 2021 are available here and the candidates who are preparing for the examination can check out the complete article. Here are the latest posts announced by KPSC.
- Post of Assistant Engineer/ Junior Engineer
- KPSC Departmental Exams
- Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS)
- Pharmacist under Ayush Department
- KPSC exam for Assistant/ First Division assistant.
- KPSC exam for Stenographer under various departments
- KPSC Group B posts under Pollution Control Department
Karnataka PSC Syllabus 2021
Karnataka SC follows certain examination patterns and exam syllabus for the examination. The given below are the details and the exam syllabus for the Karnataka PSC examination happening in 2021. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned examination syllabus for the PSC examinations happening in 2021 and make the exam preparation much more strategic.
Name of the subject
Syllabus and Topics
|General English or General Kannada
Karnataka PSC Exam Pattern 2021
Karnataka Public Service Commission follows certain examination patterns for the recruitment examinations. The examination is conducted in various stages and the three stages of the KPSC examination are given below.
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
KPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern 2021
The first stage of the recruitment examination is a preliminary examination and this is of qualifying in nature. The examination will be objective type.
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers.
- Each of these papers consists of objective type of questions or multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The marks obtained in this examination is not counted in merit, the same is only qualifying in nature.
- The medium of the question paper is English.
- The duration of each of these papers is 2 hours.
- Negative markings are present in the examination such that 0.25 marks are deducted forever incorrect answers.
KPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The main examination is the second stage of the recruitment examination. This examination is descriptive in nature. The marks obtained by the candidates in this round will be taken for finalizing the result.
- The written test consists of question papers of descriptive type out of which the qualifying structure of only one paper.
- Upon clearing the Mains examination with the specific cut-off mark requirements, the candidates are called for a personal interview by the commission.
- Each paper will be of 3 hours of total time.
- The medium of the question paper will be English. However, the respective language papers will be released in the testing languages.
- The KPSC Mains has a total of 9 papers in which 2 qualifying papers, 4 general papers, and 2 optional papers.
- The total marks are about 1750.
- The seven papers counted for ultimate merit are the following-
- General Studies 1,2,3,4
- Optional papers 1 and 2
Karnataka PSC Interview
The interview is the final round of the recruitment procedure. Candidates who are appearing for the Karnataka PSC examination have to attend Interview round for qualifying into the final rank list.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you with the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations