Table of Contents
Sleepless nights before the exam, headache and sometimes fever, a bit of fatigue, unusual thirsty or less appetite, shivering hands while receiving the question paper, being happy or being sad by seeing them and finally waiting for the results with tension and anxiety. These are the normal course of events that happens through the life of a student who is a little bit anxious about examinations. You might be one among them or someone you know might be like them. If you are one among them you might have thought about how you could curb your exam anxiety. No matter what you are studying, no matter how brilliant you are, no matter how much experience you have in the exams, everyone will feel anxiety for exams. Only the gravity of the anxiety of the exams will change. Let us look at how to kick your exam anxiety to the lowest level.
Understand the Exam.
This is the first step you need to take while you decide to curb the anxiety of the exam. if you are going for an exam which is unfamiliar to you and you are wanting to clear the exam very passionately you will be so frustrated and anxious about the examination. For example, if you are a medical student and going for an LLB semester exam you will know nothing about the conduct of the examination. If you do not want to get the exam cleared, you want to have any tension or anxiety. But if you really care about clearing the examination you will be having tremendous anxiety about the examination. So, the first step is to know the exam which you want to clear. The following steps can be taken for understanding the exam to curb the anxiety regarding the examination
- Read the syllabus of the examination. The syllabus will give you the overall idea about the scope of the questions and area of the questions.
- To know about the conducting body. To know which body conducts the examination will give you the objective of the examination and forecast how the examination type will. UPSC and PSC won’t be having the same type of examination.
- Check out the previous question papers. The previous question papers will help to formulate a basic pattern of the examination.
- If you could, take the personal experience of the people who have taken the examination earlier. It will help you to have a basic idea in the perspective of yourself.
Study Very Well and up to a Certain Time
Study very well for the exam is the foremost important requisite for having the exam anxiety thrown away. For an aspirant who have studied very well according to their ability and as per the syllabus will be confident while they step into the exam hall. It is important to note that, you avoid studying until the last minute. A universal truth about the study is that no person in the world to acquire all the knowledge existing. There will be a shade of uncertainty and knowledge less for every person in the world. If you are an aspirant and want to take an exam, you can’t study each and everything related to that. if you keep on studying until the last minute also, you will be left with something unknown. Not only that, if you keep on studying until the last minute before you enter to the exam hall, there will be chit and chat about the topic covered by other students and that will end up in knowing that, those areas have not been covered by you and your confidence will be in hell the, So, study very well, and avoid studying until the last minute. Study and take a rest before the exam.
Practice Mock Tests
This is one of the most neglected states of preparation and curbing exam anxiety. If you are practicing a lot of mock tests, it will give you a basic idea about the pattern of the question. Psychologically practicing the mock test will give your mind a training to adapt to the question and seek its answer within no time. The benefits of practicing the mock tests can be listed as below:
- It will enhance the speed in the examination hall.
- It will make your mind in an automatic mode where it could answer all the questions in a reflexive manner.
- It will give you the most asked areas of subjects in an examination.
- It will give you the confidence to curb the anxiety of the examination.
These are the few examples that could be done to curb anxiety. Anxiety can be clinical or normal occasional anxiety. If you are having anxiety only on the occasion of exams it is normal. You can try the above methods to avoid the same be confident the examination. But if you are anxious about each and everything then it might be a clinical anxiety disorder. Proper medical care and medication is needed for clinical anxiety disorder. If you are having exams anxiety, entri is there with you to curb the same with proper mentorship and confidence building. Keep studying keep winning