Table of Contents
MAT (Management Aptitude Test) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) for granting admission into MBA/PGDM programs and other allied courses. The exam is conducted 4 times in a year. MAT is the only MBA entrance exam in India that offers the option for the candidates to appear in Paper-Based Test (PBT), Computer Based Test (CBT) and Internet-Based Test (IBT) modes.
In this article, we are providing all the information regarding the MAT 2023 Entrance Exam.
MAT 2023 – Overview
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||Four times a year – February, May, September, December|
|Mode||CBT, PBT, IBT|
INR 1900 for 1 Test Mode
INR 3050 for 2 Test Modes
|MAT Exam Purpose||Admissions in more than 600 MBA Colleges in India|
|No. of Test Cities||
PBT Mode- 39
CBT Mode- 27
MAT 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in applying for MAT 2023 exam must check out the minimum eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority before filling the application forms. Candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Students pursuing final year studies can also apply.
- No minimum work experience is required to take MAT 2023 exam.
- There is no upper age limit for taking MAT exam.
MAT 2023 – Important Dates
For PBT Exam:
|Registration begin||11th July 2023|
|Last date for registration||29th August 2023|
|Admit card release||31st August 2023|
|Exam date||3rd September 2023|
|Declaration of result||October 2023|
For CBT Exam:
|Application form released||11th July 2023|
|Last date to apply||12th September 2023|
|Admit card release||14th September 2023|
|Exam date||17th September 2023|
|Declaration of result||October 2023|
MAT 2023 – Registration Process
The MAT Exam 2023 Registration process is completely online. No offline mode is available for candidates. The MAT 2023 registration has been started from 11th July 2023. Go through the following steps to register for MAT Exam 2023.
- Visit the official website of MAT
- Search and click on the registration option.
- The new user registration page will open. Enter the details, such as name, mobile number, email address, and country, and set a password.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Once the registration is completed, candidates will receive a confirmation via email.
- Log in with login credentials to fill MAT application form.
- Upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph which must be a recent color photo and sign on white paper with a black pen and scan it on .jpg or .jpeg format. Make sure to upload all the required details in the prescribed format only.
- Pay the required Fees to apply for the examination.
- After submitting the application from the registration number will be displayed on the screen.
- Save and keep a copy of application form and details for further processing.
MAT 2023 – Application Fees
The application fee can be payable only through online mode using a debit card, credit card, or net banking. Candidates who wish to register for MAT 2023 entrance exam are required to pay the application fee as follows:
|Mode of Exam||Application Fee|
|For PBT – Paper Based Test||Rs. 1950|
|For CBT – Computer Based Test||Rs. 1950|
|For PBT & CBT both||Rs. 3100|
MAT 2023 – Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted on both modes Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper Based Test (PBT) and IBT mode.
- The question will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- The duration of the exam is 2 and half hours .
- There is a total of 5 sections in the paper.
- There will be a total of 200 questions in the paper.
- There will be 1 mark for every correct answer and -0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|I||Language and Comprehension||40|
|III||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|IV||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40|
MAT 2023 – Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the MAT Exam 2023 are listed below:
Data Analysis and Sufficiency:
- Data tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams
- Charts including simple, stacked, composite bar, pie charts
- Data Analysis
- Data Comparison among others
- Caselet-based data
- Venn diagram
- Data sufficiency
Indian and Global Environment:
- Business and Economics
- Current GK, Basic on the current reading newspaper and periodical
- Devaluation and up the valuation of the rupee
- National and international events
- Interest, Speed
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Number system
- Mixture and Allegation
- Unitary Method
- Commercial math
- Permutation and combination
- Ration and proportion
- Number system
- Elementary mathematics, etc.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
- Fact interference
- Statement argument
- Binary logic
- Linear and matrix arrangement
- Team formation
- Network diagrams
- Quantitative reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical reasoning
- Comprehension of Passage
- Sentence Correction
- Punctuations etc.
MAT 2023 – Best Books For Preparation
|Language Comprehension||General Objective English by Arihant Publications Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis English Comprehension for MAT -Disha Publications|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Modern Approach for Logical Reasoning -R S Aggarwal General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning -Disha Publications Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit K Sinha|
|Mathematical Skills||How to Prepare for QA for CAT -Arun Sharma Quantum CAT -S K Verma Quantitative Aptitude – RS Aggarwal Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude -Dinesh Khattar|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Disha Publications Data Interpretation & Analysis and Data Sufficiency – Kiran Prakashan Publishers|
|Indian and Global Environment||General Knowledge by Lucent Publications General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey Manorama English Yearbook by Mammen Mathew|
MAT Exam 2023 – Preparation Tips
If you are planning to appear for MAT 2023 exam, start preparing for it now. MAT exam preparation can be managed by self-study as the question paper is of easy to moderate difficulty level and one gets enough time to prepare as it is conducted four times in a year. To prepare for the exam go through the following tips :
- Candidates must know the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
- Before you begin with the preparation, analyze the previous year’s question paper to know which section holds high-weightage and which section requires more attention.
- Make a proper timetable and adhere to the same to focus on all the important topics.
- Students should focus more on Quantitative Skills section which are mainly tough to answer.
- Also sufficient time should be given to all sections in order to qualify the exam with a good score.
- Practice more previous year question papers and sample papers to get a good score in the exam.
MAT 2023 – Admit Card
AIMA releases the admit card of MAT 2023 a few days before the respective exam date through their official website. Candidates must carry the admit card while appearing for the exam. Candidates will not be permitted to attend the examination without showing the printed MAT admit card.
The detailed steps to download the MAT 2023 admit card is given below:
- Refer to the official website of AIMA
- Tap on the link mentioning ‘MAT 2023 Admit Card’
- Log in using the registration number and password
- Now, download your MAT 2023 Admit Card.
- Cross-check all the information mentioned on the admit card and take a printout of the same.
MAT 2023 – Result
MAT exam 2023 Results for PBT, CBT, IBT mode are announced on the official website of AIMA. Candidates need to go through the official website for checking their results. The detailed steps for checking the results are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of AIMA.
- Login using registered email id, password, and DOB.
- MAT exam 2023 Scorecard will be displayed on your screen
- You can download the PDF of MAT result
- Take a printout for further reference.
MAT 2023 – Cut Off
MAT Cut off 2023 will be mentioned by the participating institutes soon after the declaration of MAT 2023 Results. The candidates preparing for MAT 2023 exam can check out the MAT cut off of the top participating institutes to get an idea about the minimum expected scores they are supposed to get in the exam.
|College||MAT Cut-Off Range|
|Christ University, Bangalore||80-85|
|VIT Business School, Vellore||80-85|
|New Delhi Institute of Management||80-85|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||80-85|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||80-85|
|AIMS School of Business (AIMS), Bangalore||75-80|
|GITAM Business School, Hyderabad||65-70|
|GITAM School of Business, Bangalore||65-70|
|Vivekanand Education VESIM Mumbai||65-70|
MAT 2023 – Selection Process
MAT selection process will begin once MAT results are announced. The selection process will be conducted by the participating institutes. The selection process will include Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Documents Required For The Selection Process:
- MAT 2023 Admit Card
- MAT 2023 Score Card
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th
- Graduation Marksheet
- Passport size photograph
- Candidate Identity Proof
Q: Name some of the colleges in India accepting MAT scores for MBA admission?
Ans: MAT scores are accepted by various colleges all over the country for MBA admissions. Some of the top MAT score accepting colleges include XIME Bangalore, SIESCOMS Navi Mumbai, JIMS Delhi, BIMTECH Noida, Christ University, VIT Vellore, and GITAM University.
Q: Will MAT 2023 Application forms be made available in an offline mode?
Ans: No, MAT Application forms are available only on the official website of AIMA. The interested and eligible candidates can apply in an online mode only by referring to the official website. The application procedure is the same for all modes- PBT, CBT, and IBT.
Q: When will the counselling process for MAT 2023 be held?
Ans: AIMA does not conduct a centralized counselling process. So the counselling process for MAT 2023 will be conducted by the participating institutes after the declaration of the MAT 2023 result.
Q: What is the basic qualification for applying MAT exam?
Ans: Those who have done their graduation in any discipline are eligible to fill the application form of MAT 2023.
Q: Does SPJIMR accept MAT score?
Ans: NO, SPJIMR accepts only the following exam scorecard.
Q: Does any IIT accept MAT score?
Ans: Yes, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is the only IIT which accepts MAT score.
Q: What is the validity of MAT score?
Ans: MAT scorecard is valid for one year.
Q: Is calculator allowed to use inside the exam hall?
Ans: No, the calculator is not permitted to take into the examination hall.
Q: How many attempts are allowed in MAT exam in an academic year?
Ans: MAT exam is conducted multiple times in a year, so candidates can take as many attempts as they want. However, they have to register for every MAT attempt separately. The score of latest attempt is taken into consideration.
Q: What is the difference between CBT, PBT and IBT exams of MAT?
Ans: CBT stands for Computer Based Test, which means the student has to take the test on a computer system at an exam centre. PBT stands for Paper Based Test, which means the student has to fill the OMR answer sheet with a blue/black ball point pen at an exam centre. IBT stands for Internet Based Test, which means the student has to take the test on a computer system at home.
Q: Is MAT exam easier than CAT, XAT and IIFT?
Ans: Yes, MAT exam is comparatively easier than CAT, XAT and IIFT. The MAT question paper is usually of moderate difficulty level and easy to answer. The score of Indian & Global Environment section is not used to calculate MAT percentile thus it easier to get good percentile in MAT.
|Top MBA Colleges in India||XAT 2024|
|Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Score||Top MBA Colleges Accepting MAT Score|
|TISSNET MBA 2024||SNAP 2023|