“First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.” as quoted by Chuck Palahniuk is a truth which the children fail to see most often until they become a parent them-self. Most of the time we fail to appreciate our parents. We often overlook their sacrifices. We fail to respect them. Parents are the backbone for children and they will never fail to love them even if the whole world hates them. On this National Parents day let us take time to understand their love and respect them for all what they have done to keep you happy. National parents’ day is celebrated on fourth Sunday of July. National Parents’ day 2021 date is on July 25, 2021. The global Day of Parents is celebrated on June 1. In this let us check for the history, quotes and celebration of parents day.
History of National Parents’ Day – 25 July ,2021
Read to know more about the history of celebration of parents day.
- June 1 has been marked as “Global Day of Parents” by the United Nations to appreciate the commitment of parents towards their children.
- Parents day is celebrated on May 8 in South Korea
- National parents day was announced on 1994 by president Bill Clinton to be observed on fourth Sunday of July. This day was officially announced to recognize, uplift and support the role of parents in the rearing of children.
- This bill was introduced by Republican Senator Trent Lott.
- First Monday of December is celebrated as parents day in Philippines
National Parents Day Celebration and Activities 2021
Below mentioned are few activities that can be conducted as part of observation of National Parents day
- Send them a letter stating how important they are to you
- Make a Do- It- Yourself greeting card for your parents expressing love
- Give a day off for them on this special day and spend time along with them
- Plan a picnic and take them to places they would like to visit
- Cook together and have a dinner party at home with no usage of mobile phones
- Check on their well- being. Check if they are physically and mentally doing good
- Thank them for everything they did to take care of you
- Gift them a family memory book with photos from past attached
- Visit an old age home. Send them love. Make them feel they are important. Gift them with letters or greeting card. Sing them a song.
- Organize a party of parents in your locality. Conduct games for them. Give them opportunity to talk out aloud. Let them meet their friends and smile over a small dinner party. Help them feel young all over again
- Take them for a vacation. Help them in getting relaxed and happy.
- Spend a day with them, talk to them. If away give a call. If together sit together and check for old photo album together. Discuss about Family history and give them a chance to think about their childhood and treasure them again
- Schools can conduct activities for parents exclusively
- Students can be educated on respecting elders and the importance of parents in life
- Help the teenage students get along well with their parents.
- Conduct sessions to parents to help them know their children better and to share tips on how to handle the students of different age groups
- Parenting sessions can be conducted in community and schools to make this stage easier and better for parents
- Dress up and click a good family picture to cherish.
National Parents Day Quotes 2021
Read below few quotes on National Parents Day
- “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.”- Jane D. Hull
- “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.”- Jim DeMint
- “A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.”- Billy Graham
- “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.”- Henry Ward Beecher
- “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.”- Barbara Bush
- “My parents, my family, that’s the biggest inspiration in my life. I’ve been in a lot of dark spots in my life, and if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be able to get out of it, but they are who they are. They followed me. They yelled at me. They screamed at me.”- They loved me. J. R. Smith
- “The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day.”- Orlando Aloysius Battista”
Let us not forget that it is our parents who played a major role in shaping our future. They had helped you in each stage of your development without us knowing about it even. They are our first teachers. So not just this day, but let us love and thank them everyday for everything they have done in helping you reach where you are now. Wishing every parents around a wonderful National Parents day..!!