Table of Contents
If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete as quoted by Jack Kornfield is highly significant in staying calm and relaxed. One has to be very well aware that the most important relationship is the one you have with yourself. It is very important to stay stress free and relaxed to stay healthy. National Refreshment day is observed on the fourth Thursday in July. National Refreshment day 2023 date is on July 27. Check here for more details on National Refreshment day. Article includes History, Quotes, and Tips to get refreshed. Articles also covers the activities that can be observed as part of celebration of National Refreshment Day.
History of National Refreshment Day 2023 – Date
National Refreshment Day is observed on July 27, 2023. It was initially observed in the year 2015. This day came into existence when the a traveler beer company , a craft beer venture based in Burlington, Vermont decided to assign this day to relish a new variety of beer. Traveler beer company was founded in 2012 with an aim to combine European shandy-inspired refreshment with American ingenuity in order to create a line of craft beers that are both fun and refreshing. This day was first launched by this beer company with an aim to bring refreshment among its customers as they try the new variety of beer.
Few known facts about Beer
- Beer is said to be more nutritious than other alcoholic drinks.
- It is also said to reduce stress and improve memory.
- Beer is low in calories, low in carbohydrates and has no fat or cholesterol.
- Beer is used for preventing diseases of the heart and circulatory system, including coronary heart disease, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), heart failure, heart attack, and stroke.
- It is also used to reduce the chance of death from heart attack and from another heart condition called ischemic left ventricular (LV) dysfunction.
- Beer is used for preventing decline of thinking skills in later life, Alzheimer’s disease, weak bones (osteoporosis), gallstones, type 2 diabetes, heart disease in people with type 2 diabetes, kidney stones, prostate cancer, breast cancer, other cancers, and Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection.
- People use beer to stimulate the appetite and digestion, and to increase the flow of breast milk.
Although National Refreshment day was initiated with the launch of new variety of beer or the intention can be varied with each individual. On this National refreshment day let us all try to stay refreshed by different means. It can be with a cold drink on this summer or it can be a small outing with friends. As long as you are refreshed it depends on every individual how to stay calm n refreshed. Hence the main objective of this National refreshment day can be to remain stress free and get a day for yourself and your well-being. Continue reading to find the activities that can be followed on this day to physically, mentally and socially refresh yourself.
National Refreshment Day Quotes 2023
- “Solitude is creativity’s best friend, and solitude is refreshment for our souls.”-Naomi Judd
- “There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled.” – Ovid
- “Many in the world are searching, often intensely, for a source of refreshment that will quench their yearning for meaning and direction in their lives. They crave a cool, satisfying drink of insight and knowledge that will soothe their parched souls. “- Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “You have to really use your imagination to refresh your daily life.”- Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
- “Once you put everything in the right perspective, even bad times can be an opportunity to refresh your appetite, your desire.”- Alex Zanardi
- “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.”- Ralph Marston
- “Work less than you think you should. It took me a while to realize there was a point each day when my creativity ran out and I was just producing words – usually lousy ones – for their own sake. And nap: it helps to refresh the brain, at least mine.”- Amy Waldman
- “When you are creating to the magnitude that I try to create, your brain is like a computer, and you need to refresh.” – Missy Elliott
- “I drink to separate my body from my soul.” –
National Refreshment Day Celebration 2023
The following are few of the activities that can be observed as part of celebration of National Refreshment Day 2023
- Serve cold drinks to family, friends and neighbors of your locality
- Try new recipes for cold drinks
- Check for the health benefits of different fruit juice and smoothies. Write a blog or upload the recipe on social media.
- Gift your mother or an elderly aunt a fruit juicer machine.
- Plan outing with family and friends and get yourself refreshed with healthy drinks.
- Share the importance of getting yourself refreshed article or video on social media.
- Organizations can conduct a refreshment party to cheer out the stressed employees at work.
- College attending students can also think about organizing a refreshment party with your friends and staffs.
- Visit old age homes and serve the elderly people some healthy drink.
- Visit orphanages and serve the children with happy refreshing cold drinks.
- Couples can beat the heat by planning a beach party and chilling with cold drinks in this summer.
Tips to get Yourself Mentally Refreshed
On this National Refreshment day 2023 check out how you can mentally refresh yourself
- Go for a early morning walk and refresh yourself breathing the fresh air.
- Exercise regularly to keep yourself mentally and physically fit and refreshed
- Organize your work place/Study place/Home and see how calm and refreshed you get
- Pick up a lost hobby and try doing it now and check how happy and refreshing it gets you
- Call a friend and speak , Call your loved ones . Speaking out and letting things out will help you remain calm and refreshed
- Enroll for a yoga session to get your mind and body refreshed
- Set up a reading corner at home. Encourage family members to read a book. Reading can help you calm down n stay refreshed.
- Eat your favorite food. Cook something of your choice. That will help you stay happy
- Watch a move with your family or friends and refresh your day.
- Plan a trip/Stay-cation /Tour and travel around as you will find peace and refreshment when travelling.
- Take a day off from your work and do something that you love and relax for the day
- Involve in Self care activities as there is nothing that will relax you more that taking care of your self.
There are so many different ways to get yourself refreshed. Be it physically or mentally, it is very important to take care of yourself. On this National Refreshment day 2023 take this challenge to work on yourself. Do something for your happiness and well-being. Only once your well-being in checked and is stable can you do something to ensure the Well- being of others. Fathers out there take a day break from the stressful routine, Mothers out there spend a day just for yourself, youngsters can relax and keep your worries aside on this day. Let us all work for the mental, physical and social well-being of ourselves and others on this National Refreshment Day. Make yourself a priority once in a while. It’s not selfish. It’s necessary.!!!