The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is for those students who wish to study any medical course in government or private medical colleges in India . NEET is the one exam which would be considered for filling about 54,000 medical seats across the whole country. Central Board for Secondary Education is the conducting authority which organises the NEET exam. NEET replaced the AIPMT and all other individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges in 2013. NEET is a one tier exam which commences in the month of May .This year the exam is possible to be conducted in the month of May 2018 and application form for the same will be available from December 2017.
The Important Dates for NEET 2018
[table id=6 /]
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen
- If the candidate is not residing in India,he/she should be an overseas citizen of India.
- For general category, the maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31.
- For reserved category, the maximum age limit is 30 years as on December 31.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31 for candidates belonging to all categories.
- The upper age criteria was removed last year and we expect the same will continue this year also.
Year of Passing
- Students who are appearing for Class 12 Exams in 2018 are eligible to attend NEET 2018.
- Students who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2017 and are appearing for an improvement exam in 2018 are eligible to apply for NEET 2018.
- Candidates who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2016 and have taken improvement exam in 2017 , can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
Class 12 Marks/Qualification
- Students must have passed class 12 board exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least five mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and an elective subject.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (45% for GEN-PH & 40% for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in the 12th standard exam.
- The number of attempts specified for appearing in NEET is restricted to 3 where the first attempt will be counted from 2017 onward.
- Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are permitted to apply for NEET UG 2018.
Application form will be available in the official website of CBSE from December 2017.
List of important information that needed to be filled in the application form
- Names of Father/Mother and Candidate with exact spellings
- Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number / Registration Number Issued by CBSE Facilitation Number / Ration Card Number / Passport number/bank Account Number / Other valid Govt. Identity card Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-mail ID
- One can make the payment for NEET 2018 via Credit card/Debit card, Net Banking/UPI, E-wallet offered by Common Services Centre and other service providers.
- Scanned copy of Photograph & Signature:
The size of the photograph should be in between 10 Kb to 100 Kb, whereas, the size of signature should be in between 3 Kb to 20 Kb. The format of both the images should be in JPG format.
[table id=7 /]
Important points to be kept in mind
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply only through online mode.
- Application form will be available in the official website of CBSE from December 2017.
- Candidates should carefully read all the information mentioned in the information brochure while filling the application form.
- Your application won’t be considered valid without an Aadhar card.
- If belong to J&K/Andhra Pradesh/Telangana state then you’ll have to submit the self-declaration.
- Corrections can only be made through official website..
- An applicant needs to submit only one application.
- Submission of multiple applications won’t be considered valid.
Your application won’t be considered valid until you make the payment of the application fee.Candidates may expect changes in the application for the year 2018.
[table id=8 /]
Keep with you for future reference
- Printout of the confirmation page generated in online mode.
- Proof of payment
- Minimum of 5 copies of the same photograph that you have uploaded during online application procedure.
- Minimum 2 post card size photos.
- Copy of the system generated Self Declaration if you belong to Andhra Pradesh,Telengana and J&K and have opted for 15% All India Quota.
|List of materials that need to be brought on the day of examination:||Passport size Photograph and Post Card Size Photograph affixed on pro forma, Admit Card|
|Rough Work:||Candidates have to do the necessary rough work on the test booklet only.|
|Only Black/Blue Ball Point Pen can be used:||Candidates would be provided pen at the exam centre;|
NEET Examination Pattern
[table id=9 /]
The exam consists of 180 objective type questions with four options from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.Candidates have to mention their answers on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet by using the blue/black ball point only.
The overall duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
[table id=13 /]
Language Mode of the Question Paper
The question paper is available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada languages. Candidates who have opted English will be provided with the question paper in English language only. In the same way, if a candidate has opted for Hindi then he/she will be provided question paper in English as well as Hindi.
Candidates, who have opted the vernacular languages will be provided bilingual test booklet in following way:
[table id=14 /]
NEET 2018 Syllabus
NEET Syllabus – Physics
[table id=15 /]
NEET Syllabus – Chemistry
[table id=17 /]
NEET Syllabus – Biology
[table id=18 /]
For more PSC related quries join our Telegram Group : https://t.me/keralapschelp