NITI Aayog is the premier policy ‘Think Tank’ of the government of India to foster cooperative federalism in the country through the bottom-up approach of the communication.In this set of GK questions and answers on the Indian Economy we have compiled 9 tough questions on the NITI Aayog. We hope that these questions will help the aspirants of different competitive exams. In this blog we will discuss about NITI Aayog Quiz based on GK Questions and Answers.This NITI Aayog Quiz will help you increase your General Knowledge in this particular field.
List of Questions for NITI Aayog Quiz on GK
(a) Rajeev Kumar
(b) Arvind Subramanyam
(c) Amitabh Kant
(d) Narendra Modi
Explanation: As on April 2019; Amitabh Kant is the current CEO of the NITI Aayog and Rajiv Kumar is the current Vice Chairman of the same.
2. Which of the following statement is correct about the NITI Aayog?
(a) NITI Aayog was Formed 25 January 2016
(b) NITI Aayog comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(c) The full form of NITI Aayog is National institute for Transforming India
Explanation: The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India. It replaced the Planning Commission.
3. When was NITI Aayog established?
(b) 25 January 2016
(c) 14 May 2014
(d) 1 July 2015
Explanation: NITI Aayog established on 1 January 2015. Its full form is National institution for Transforming India.
4. Which of the following statement is/are correct about the NITI Aayog?
I. The aim of NITI Aayog is to achieve Sustainable Development Goals and to enhance cooperative federalism in the country.
II. The Prime Minister of India is the ex officio Chairperson of the NITI Aayog
III. There are 8 full time members in the NITI Aayog
(a) Only II & III
(b) Only II
(c) Only I
(d) Only I & II
Explanation: Full-time organizational framework composed of a Vice-Chairperson, 5 full-time members, 2 part-time members (from leading universities, research organizations and other relevant institutions in an ex-officio capacity). There are 4 ex-officio members of the Union Council of Ministers, a Chief Executive Officer (with the rank of Secretary to the Government of India) who looks after administration, and a secretariat.
5. Who of the following is the part of Governing Council of NITI Aayog?
(a) All Chief Ministers of the states
(b) Chief Ministers of Delhi and Puducherry
(c) Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Island
(d) All of the above
Explanation: All Chief Ministers of States (Delhi and Puducherry), Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Special Invites are part of Governing Council of NITI Aayog.
6. Which of the following is not the function of the NITI Aayog?
(a) To evolve a shared vision of national development priorities sectors and strategies
(b) To foster cooperative federalism
(c) To give final approval to the Five Year Plans of India
(d) To create a knowledge, innovation and entrepreneurial support system
Explanation: A final year is finally approved by the National Development Council (NDC). Twelfth five plans as the last five plan of India. So as of now NITI Aayog don’t have any role in five year plans.
7. Which of the following district topped the rank of Aspirational district for the period of June 1, 2018, and October 31, 2018.
(a) Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu)
(b) Mewat (Haryana)
(c) Pakur (Jharkhand
(d) Hailakandi (Assam)
Explanation: Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu), Naupada (Odisha) and Sidharthnagar (Uttar Pradesh) have emerged as the top three districts in the ranking of aspirational districts by Niti Aayog for the period of June 1, 2018, and October 31, 2018.
8. Which of the following is true about the Aspirational district initiative of NITI Aayog?
(a) Aspirational ranking of districts is based on 10 parameters
(b) The first delta ranking for aspirational districts was released in June 2018.
(c) The aspirational district programme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 5, 2016.
(d) All of the above statements are true
Explanation: The Aspirational District Programme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 5, 2018 and released in June 2018.
9. Which of the following is not matched correctly about NITI Aayog?
(a) NITI Aayog head office: Delhi
(b) Narendra Modi: Chairman
(c) Parent Agency: Government of India
(d) NITI Aayog replaced: National Development Council
Explanation: NITI Aayog replaced Planning Commission of India.
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Bank Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.