NLC India Limited (NLCIL), a premier “NAVRATNA” Public Sector Enterprise has released a notification for the engagement of Safety Officers in F7-E grade on a Fixed Term Employment (FTE) basis. The NLC Safety Officer recruitment notification was released on 06th January and interested candidates apply online from 09th January till 30th January 2021. Read the article to know more regarding eligibility criteria, experience, online application procedures.
NLC Safety Officer Recruitment 2021
NLC Safety Officer Recruitment: Important Dates
|Name of Post||Safety Officer|
|Name of Organization||Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu|
|Commencement of online submission of application Date and Time||09th January 2021 at 10:00 hrs.|
|Closing of On-line submission of application Date and Time||30th January 2021at 17:00 hrs.|
|Mode of Exam||Personal Interview|
|Salary||Rs. 1,00,000/- per month|
The maximum age limit is 58 years as on the crucial date (will be the first of the month in which the notification is issued i.e., 01/01/2021).
However, there is no reservation for EWS/ SC / ST Categories, candidates belonging to such categories can apply against UR vacancies. The reservation for PwBD candidates will be in accordance with the Government of India Directives. Safety Officers who resigned from Government /Private Factories will also be considered for the post.
- Full time/ Part-time Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering /Mechanical & Production Engineering/ Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Power Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Civil Engineering / Civil & Structural Engineering/Instrumentation Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation & Control Engineering /Chemical Engineering and
- Diploma in Industrial Safety conducted by any Institute under Directorate General, Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India (or) full-time degree in Industrial Safety with equivalent syllabus and duration of not less than one year awarded by any university incorporated under the Central or State Acts or Department of Technical Education or Board of Technical Education of any State / Union Territories / Government in India (or) a full-time Diploma in Industrial Safety with equivalent syllabus and duration of not less than one year awarded by any university incorporated under the Central or State Acts or Department of Technical Education or Board of Technical Education of any State / Union Territories / Government in India; and
- Should have adequate knowledge in Tamil both in writing and speaking.
Minimum 19 years of post-qualification working experience in Thermal Power Station(s), out of which minimum 10 years should be in Safety.
Preference will be given to candidates having:
- Experience in Preparation of Emergency Management Plan and Disaster Management Plan.
- Lead Auditors certificate of ISO & OSHAS.
Vacancy and Scale of Pay
The total vacancy mentioned in the notification is 05 posts.
The candidates will be engaged on a Fixed Term Employment basis for a period of Two Years with consolidated pay of Rs. 1,00,000/- per month.
Also, the selected candidates are eligible for other benefits like applicable Provident Fund and Medical facilities as per applicable NLCIL Medical rules. Eligible residential accommodation (unfurnished) will be provided depending on the place of posting at nominal rent and subject to availability.
Mode of Selection
There will Personal Interview on 20 marks scale. The minimum qualifying marks in Personal Interview for various categories:
- UR/ SC/ ST- 50%
- OBC(NCL) %- 40%
The final selection of candidates will be in the order of merit based on the marks scored by the candidates in the Personal Interview.
NLC Safety Officer Recruitment: Apply Online
Candidates go through the notification completely and confirm their eligibility before applying. Only Indian nationals can apply.
Important Documents to be uploaded
Candidates should scan and upload the self-attested copies of the following documents /certificates:
- Recent passport size color photograph, taken after 01/07/2020
- Scanned image of candidate’s signature (in dark Blue or Black ink)
- Proof for Date of Birth (Birth Certificate (or) SSLC / Matriculation / HSC Mark Sheet).
- Copy of AADHAR Card
- Proof for possessing notified Educational Qualifications
- Experience certificate as proof for having Minimum of 19 years of post-qualification working experience in Thermal Power Station(s), out of which minimum of 10 years should be in Safety
- Copy of latest Pay Slip or Pay Certificate
- Community Certificate (in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL / EWS categories)
- Proof for Ex-servicemen viz. Discharge Certificate for Ex-Servicemen
- Apply online mode only. No manual/paper applications will be entertained by the organization.
Download the NLC Safety Officer Recruitment Notification 2021:
- Log in to the website of NLCIL @www.nlcindia.com.
- On, the Careers page, check the current openings.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’.
- Complete the registration procedure. Then a Username and Password will be provided.
- Then, use the Login ID and Password, then can access the ONLINE application portal.
- Fill the application with the required document upload.
|Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Fees|
|UR / EWS / OBC (NCL) candidates||Rs. 500 / –||Rs. 354 /-||Rs. 854|
|SC /ST / Ex-servicemen candidates||Exempted||Rs. 354 /-|
- Scrutiny of applications for shortlisting of candidates for the personal interview will be solely based on the documents/certificates uploaded by the candidates at the time of registration/submission of application through Online.
- Candidates should take a printout of the registration cum application form and provide the same at the time of the Personal Interview.