Table of Contents
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) will be recruiting eligible candidates for the posts of Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) and Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT). A computer based exam will be conducted to recruit eligible candidates. Aspirants need to put forth their best foot to crack the exam. Preparing for competitive exam isn’t an easy task. It can get quite challenging. Candidates have to put in quite a lot of effort into preparing for the exam. In this article we provide you with tips and tricks to prepare for the exam and also links to some useful study materials.
Preparation Tips and Tricks
- Planning is the key. You should be aware of the time you have in hand for preparing. Have a clear cut plan on how you will go about with the preparation process.
- Have a clear idea about the topics to be covered, the weightage for each topic, the exam pattern etc. This will help you plan your study preparation in the best way.
- Create a study plan that will help you learn continuously. Make sure to include some kind of flexibility. If your plan does not work, change it according to your needs but make sure to assess your work load to avoid overtaxing.
- Gather all the essential study materials and make sure that they are complete and correct.
- Keep yourself motivated. Think of the benefits of all the toil and hard work. Recharge your batteries from time to time by engaging in things that help you feel refreshed.
- Make simple notes. This helps you remember things better. Read and repeat it in your own words. This is a better way of memorizing rather than reading the same thing repeatedly.
- Create a perfect study atmosphere. Make sure that the room or place of study gets enough light and air and is quiet.
- It is very easy to get distracted so eliminate all sources of distraction like overuse of mobile phones, long hours of chatting, playing games, etc. Be focused and concentrate on preparing for the exam.
- Breaks at regular intervals are extremely important. Taking breaks will help you to learn more efficiently and there will be no risk of being completely exhausted by the time the exam comes up.
- “A full stomach doesn’t like studying, but neither does an empty stomach.” So throughout your study time have some nutritious snack. Drink a lot of water and incorporate fruits and veggies in your diet.
- Practice time management by doing mock tests and previous years’ question papers.
- Analyze the topic you are weak in, and start working on that topic. Try to understand the concept well.
NVS Study Materials
Even though study materials are available in various forms, the basic objective of these are to make lessons easy and to able to understand the concepts well. These materials act as a guide and provide a valuable routine in the learning process. There are innumerable resources available nowadays and it is up to the aspirants to choose what is best for them.
NVS Previous Years’ Question Papers
|Previous Question Paper I||Click Here|
|Previous Question Paper II||Click Here|
In order to crack any competitive exam, it is vital to get hold of all the important books. Do a research of the books that are best suited for the syllabus. There will be numerous books out there in the market, but it’s important that you get your hands on the right one. The link below provides a list of useful books.
Mock tests are also equally important in preparing for any exams. They are replicated tests based on the actual exam pattern. They provide a better perspective of what kind of questions will appear in the exam. They also provide much practice and helps in time management too.
|Mock Question Paper I||Click here|
|Mock Question Paper II||Click here|
|Mock Question Paper III||Click here|
Video classes are more helpful than books and other pdf materials as these visuals are etched in the memory. These help candidates to memorize the topics in a better way.
We know that ‘Work well begun is half done’. So plan your study process, follow it diligently and reap the fruits of success.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.