Table of Contents
Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has invited online application for the post of Block Social Security Officer (BSSO). Application process commences on 5th August, 2022. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for these posts through the official website – www.ossc.gov.in. Applications have to be submitted on or before 4th September 2022. This article provides all the details pertaining to this recruitment drive.
OSSC BSSO Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Name of Recruiting Organization||Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC)|
|Name of Post||Block Social Security Officer (BSSO)|
|Number of vacancies||94|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 25300|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Commencement of online application||5th August, 2022|
|Last date for online application||4th September 2022|
OSSC BSSO 2022 Vacancies
There are a total of 94 vacancies for the post of Block Social Security Officer (BSSO). The table below shows the category wise vacancies:
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||18|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Socially and Economically Backward Class||11|
|People with Disabilities||4|
The reservation for women are as follows:
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||6|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||5|
|Socially and Economically Backward Class||4|
|People with Disabilities||1|
Note: Transgender are also eligible to apply.
OSSC BSSO 2022 Salary
Block Social Security Officer (BSSO) will initially be appointed on contractual basis as ‘Initial Appointees’. The monthly renumeration will be Rs. 25300 for the first year. The pay is subject to revision as per the decision of the government of Odisha from time to time.
OSSC BSSO Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Odisha Staff Selection Commission has laid down certain criteria for the recruiting the most eligible candidates for the post of BSSO. Applicants should ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid down by the Commission. The applications of those who do not meet the criteria will be rejected. Read on to know more about the eligibility criteria.
Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University and should also have proficiency in use of computer, internet, email, word processing, data analysis and presentation.
Candidates should be within the age limit of 21 to 38 years as on 1st January 2022. Age relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for candidates belonging to reserved categories:
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, SEBC, Women: 5 years
- People with Disabilities: 10 years
- Ex Servicemen: Total years of service rendered
- In Service Contractual employees: Should be less than 45 years
Applicants must be Indian nationals.
- Should not have more than one spouse living
- Should have good character
- Should be in sound health with good physique and free from organic defects and body infirmity.
Applicants should also possess one of the following:
- Must have passed M.E. School Examination with Odia as language subject.
- Must have passes HSC Examination or equivalent with Odia as medium of examination in non language subject.
- Must have passed in Odia as language in the final examination of class VIII and above.
- Must have passed a test in Odia in M.E. school standard conducted by education department.
OSSC BSSO 2022 Application Process
- Applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria and instructions given in the official notification.
- Applicants should have a valid email ID and mobile number.
- Visit the official website of OSSC – www.ossc.gov.in.
- Candidates have to register themselves by clicking on “Apply Online”.
- If you are applying for the first time, click on ”New User” button. On submitting the registration form, a user ID and password will be created.
- Then read the instructions given on the screen.
- Fill all the required information carefully.
- Upload scanned photograph, signature and documents.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a print out of the application form for future reference.
All categories of applicants are exempted from paying the examination fee.
- Bachelors Degree Certificate
- Plus Two Certificate and mark sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Odia Test Pass Certificate
- Sportsperson Certificate
- Disability Certificate (For people with permanent disabilities)
- NOC (in case of candidates working in government service)
OSSC BSSO 2022 Selection Process
The selection process for the post of Block Social Security Officer (BSSO) involves preliminary examination, main examination, computer skill test and certificate verification.
Stage I: Preliminary Examination
This exam will be qualifying in nature. Marks scored in this exam will not be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list. Candidates numbering six times that of the number of vacancies will be shortlisted for the main exam and Computer Skill Test. This will be an objective type paper for 100 marks. There will be a negative marking of .25 marks for every wrong answer. The duration of the paper will be one and half hours.
Stage II: Main Written Examination and Computer Skill Test
Candidates who have qualified in the preliminary examination will be eligible to attempt Stage II. The main exam will consist of both multiple choice questions and short answer questions. It will be for a total of 200 marks and there will be a negative marking of .25 marks for wrong answer in MCQ. The duration of the paper will be three hours.
Computer Skill Test will be for 50 marks. It will be a one hour test to assess the candidate’s proficiency in computer.
Stage III: Certificate Verification
Candidates numbering two times the number of vacancies will be shortlisted for certificate verification. They will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the main exam and computer skill test.
Entri App provides several video classes, mock tests, flash cards and quizzes to prepare you in the best possible way for all the competitive exams. Our team of experts go all the way to provide the best coaching which can help you crack these exam and land your dream job. So stop procrastinating and start your preparation with Entri App.