Rewa Ultra Mega Solar is situated in the Gurh tehsil of Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh, India. It is an operational, ground mounted, grid-connected photovoltaic solar park which started producing power in 2018 and reached its full capacity of 750MW in January 2020. It is spread over an area of 1,590 acres.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the solar power plant in MP’s Rewa on 10th July, 2020. The ceremony of inauguration took place through video conferencing. During the inauguration, the Prime Minister said that “Solar energy is going to be a major medium of energy needs not only today but in the 21st century. Because solar energy is sure, pure, and secure.” He further added that “Today, Rewa has a really scripted history. Rewa is identified with the name of mother Narmada and the white tiger.” The Prime Minister also told that the project will make the entire Rewa major hub for pure and clean energy in this decade. He also told that various projects are in progress including Neemuch, Shajapur, Chattarpur, and Omkareshwar and so Madhya Pradesh soon would be the main centre of Solar Energy in the country.
Interesting Facts About Rewa Solar Power Plant
- The Rewa Solar power project is a 750 MW solar project. It was developed by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) which is a joint venture of Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN), and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a Central Public Sector Undertaking.
- It comprises of three solar generating units of 250 MW each located on a 500-hectare plot of land inside the Solar Park.
- This power project spreads over a total area of about 1500 hectares and is one of the largest single-site solar power plants in Asia.
- Central Financial Assistance of Rs. 138 crore was provided to the RUMSL for development of the Solar Plant.
- The ultra-mega solar power project is expected to help reduce carbon emission equivalent to about 15 lakh tons of CO2 per year.
- Mahindra Renewables Pvt, Arinsun Clean Energy Pvt, and ACME Jaipur Solar Power Pvt are the three companies that bagged the mandate to build the three generating units.
- A huge bulk of equipment used for setting up the generating units was from China.
- It is reported that the Delhi Metro will get around 24 percent of energy from this project and the remaining around 76 percent will be supplied to the state DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
- It is the first renewable energy project to supply institutional customers outside the state, including Delhi Metro.
- The Rewa project exemplifies the commitment of India to attain the target of 175 GW of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100 GW of solar installed capacity.
- It is the only solar project to get funding from Clean Technology Fund (CTF), which is available at a rate of 0.25% for a 40-year period.
- It is the first solar project in the country to break the grid parity barrier.
- The project was included in the PM’s “A Book of innovation: New Beginnings.”
- It received World Bank Group’s President’s Award for innovation and excellence.
- The Project has also been appreciated in Global Infrastructure Facility, created by the World Bank, for its optimum distribution of risks.
- It is the first renewable project in India to get a concessional loan from the World Bank for development of internal evacuation infrastructure of the park.
- Rewa Power plant has successfully developed innovative energy contracts in place of conventional power contracts.
The Rewa project has been acknowledged in India and abroad for its robust project structuring and numerous innovations. It is also one of the largest single-site solar parks in India whose work involved drilling and concreting of over 1.65 Lakhs short piles, installation of 16.5 thousand Array Tables, 10 Lakhs PV Modules, 100 inverters, 2000 kms of cable laying, 25 Inverter rooms, 19,000 Cum concreting and 1700 peak workforce at site. It is in line with India’s commitment to attain the target of 175 GW of installed
renewable energy capacity by 2022 including 100 GW of solar installed capacity.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.