Table of Contents
The Rajasthan Public Selection Commission ACF syllabus and the exam pattern follows the standard government exam patterns. Understanding the RPSC ACF syllabus and exam pattern is the most important part of the exam preparation. The Rajasthan Commission has released the syllabus on their official website and the link to the RPSC ACF syllabus pdf download is made available in this article below. The RPSC ACF eligibility requires only aspirants with a Bachelor’s degree in science and forestry related fields to attend the exam. This is why the RPSC ACF syllabus is set to the standard of the IFS or Indian Forest Service Exam conducted by UPSC. Go through the complete article to find out everything about the RPSC ACF syllabus and exam pattern.
Why knowing the Syllabus and Exam Pattern is crucial in RPSC Exam Preparation?
RPSC exam requires the aspirants to have the utmost concentration and dedication towards it. Lakhs of candidates appear for the exam every year and ultimately very few get a chance to work in one of the prestigious government organisations in the state. While preparing for the exam, knowing the RPSC syllabus whether it is for Prelims or mains plays an important role.
Here we will discuss why knowing the syllabus and Exam Pattern is important:
- For Efficient Planning
Each subjects will have marks allotted from each and every chapter. By learning the syllabus and the marks allocation which is released by the RPSC team every year, aspirants can plan efficiently. Some chapters will contain higher weight age and some will hardly give you 1-2 marks. By learning the syllabus, aspirants will know how to allocate the time amongst important and less important chapters.
- Syllabus works as the Blueprint for the Examination
The syllabus released by the RPSC contains all the topics and subtopics covered under each chapter. Going through the syllabus will avoid confusion regarding what to study and what not to.
- Helps You to Achieve Good Marks
The syllabus gives you a clear picture of the RPSC exam and what to expect from it. By learning the syllabus, students can plan and prepare accordingly to score better marks in the exam.
- Saves Time
By following the given syllabus provided by the RPSC, there will be no possibility of wasting time trying to guess the topics that might or might not appear in the exam. The examination pattern and syllabus should be followed religiously to save more time and score good marks in the exam.
- Gain Control Over Learning
Going through the syllabus should be your first and foremost step before starting your exam preparation. Spend some time on the topics covered under each area and learn everything that is mentioned in the syllabus to have control over learning.
- Gets you Familiar with the Exam Paper
Understanding the syllabus and exam pattern released by the RPSC will give you an exact idea of how the question paper will be designed. This will help you to get familiar with the question paper where you can avoid confusion and fear during the main and prelims exam. This will also help you to somewhat guess the type of questions that might occur in the exam.
RPSC ACF Exam Pattern 2022
The commission conducts the examination for RPSC ACF Recruitment in an Online as well as Offline mode. Check the information given below to get an idea of the RPSC ACF exam pattern:
- The RPSC ACF selection process will consist of two stages: written exam and interview.
- The written exam consists of four papers – two compulsory subjects and two optional subjects.
- The two optional subjects can be selected by the aspirants, with little restrictions on choosing the subjects as mentioned in the article further.
- The questions asked are objective in nature and will carry negative marks for wrong answers
- The two compulsory papers are on GK and General English for 100 marks each and a duration of Three hours each.
- The two optional papers are for 200 marks each and a duration of Three hours each.
- The interview has no specific syllabus or exam pattern, but it is held for 75 marks.
|Subject Names||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||100||100||3 hours|
|General English||100||100||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1||120||200||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 2||120||200||3 hours|
- Aspirants who have secured a minimum of 35% marks in each of the compulsory subjects and a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate for the written exam held by the Rajasthan Commission shall be considered to have obtained qualifying marks at the examination.
- The Public Commission may in its discretion award grace marks up to 1 mark in each of the compulsory papers and up to 3 in the aggregate.
- Such aspirants who have obtained qualifying marks shall be called by the Public Commission for the
- The RPSC shall not recommend any aspirant who has failed to obtain a minimum of 33% marks in the personality and interview and a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate.
- The Commission shall, in the case of women, aspirants belonging to BC, MBC, SC and ST recommend the names of such aspirants amongst those who have qualified for interview, even if they fail to obtain the minimum marks in the personality and viva-voice test or in aggregate.
RPSC ACF Syllabus 2022
The Rajasthan PSC ACF syllabus is the same as the RPSC FRO syllabus. As mentioned earlier, the RPSC ACF exam has two parts: written exam and an interview. The public commission doesn’t recommend any syllabus for the interview, although for the written exam the syllabus is published in detail on their official website.
The Rajasthan PSC ACF syllabus is divided into two parts as per the written exam pattern: the Compulsory Subjects and the Optional Subjects. The compulsory subjects are General Knowledge and General English, while the optional subjects can be chosen by the individual as per his or her expertise. Let us take a look at the complete ACF syllabus below:
Paper I – General Knowledge
- Indian History & Culture
- Rajasthan’s History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition, and Heritage
- Indian Geography
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Indian Economy
- Economy of Rajasthan
- General Science
- Current Affairs
Paper II – General English
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Phrasal Verbs
- Idioms and phrases
- Synonyms & antonyms
- One-word substitution
- Spelling correction
The candidate have to select any 2 optional subjects from the following list as per their expertise:
- Atomic structure and Periodicity
- s and p Block Elements and Chemistry of Noble Gases
- Chemical bonding and Coordination Compounds – Chemistry of d and f block Elements
- Mechanism of Organic reactions
- Polymers and Drugs
- Chemical Dynamics
- Enviromental and green chemistry
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Chemistry Syllabus.
- Forests, forestry and silviculture
- Forest Mensuration
- Classification of injurious agencies
- Wood anatomy (dicots and monocots).
- Non timber forest products
- NFP’S -scope, necessity, importance and comparative analysis.
- Structure and functions of gene and cell.
- Ecosystem and its components
- Wildlife, Wildlife Ecology- habitat and its management
- Economics- definition and Basic concepts
- Surveying – methods, uses, classification
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Forestry Syllabus.
- Physical Geology
- Structural Geology
- Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology
- Sedimentary Petrology
- Environmental Geology
- Economic Geology
- Remote Sensing
- Mineral, Forest and Environmental Policies
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Geology Syllabus.
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Computer Programming
- Object Oriented Programming Language
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Computer Networks
- Operating Systems
- Data Base Management Systems
- Web Technology
- Software Engineering
- Numerical Methods
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Computer Application/Science Syllabus.
- Agro-climatic zones of India and Rajasthan
- Importance of fruits, vegetables and flowers
- Cell and cell division.
- Classification of animal kingdom with special reference to wild life
- Milestones in plant pathology and nematology
- Meaning and scope of Economics
- Chemistry of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and plant (phyto) hormones
- Meaning and definition of extension education
- Importance of silviculture, agroforestry and its branches and importance
- Agricultural Engineering: Farm power and machinary
- Importance of Livestock and Poultry in national economy
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Agriculture Syllabus.
- Plant viruses
- General characters and classification of Gymnosperms
- Tissue system
- Utilization of plants
- Plants and Environment
- Plant water relations
- Cell Biology
- Nucleic acids
- Concept of asepsis and methods of sterilization
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Botany Syllabus.
- Theory of Machine
- Materials Science.
- Machine Design and Mechanics of Solids.
- Manufacturing Science.
- Industrial Engineering.
- C. Engines, Fuels and Combustion.
- Heat Transfer.
- Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machines.
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning and Power Plant Engineering.
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Mechanical Engineering Syllabus.
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Water Resources Development and Management
- Watershed Planning and Management
- Farm Power
- Farm Machinery
- Agricultural Processing
- Farm electrification and Machine
- Renewable Energy
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Agricultural Engineering Syllabus.
- Process Calculations and Thermodynamics
- Fluid Flow & Particle Dynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Plant Design and Economics
- Process instrumentation and dynamics control
- Chemical and Petroleum Technology
- Environmental Technology
- Safety in Chemical Process Plant
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Chemical Engineering Syllabus.
- Engineering Materials
- Construction Technology and Management
- Strength of Materials
- Theory of Structures
- Reinforced concrete structures
- Design of steel structures
- Soil/ geotechnical engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water resources Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Surveying, Estimating Costing & Field Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Civil Engineering Syllabus.
- Computer Architecture
- Data Base
- Programming in C and C + +
- Computer Networks
- Compilers and Theory of Computation
- Artificial Intelligence
- Operating Systems
- Software Engineering
- Image Processing
- Data Warehousing and Mining
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Computer Engineering Syllabus.
- Electrical Circuits
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics
- Control System
- Power systems
- Microprocessor systems and computer
- Electronics and Communication
- Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation
- Field Theory
- Electrical Materials
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Electrical Engineering Syllabus.
- Electronic Devices
- Electronic Circuits
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- Digital Electronics
- Control Systems
- Network Analysis
- Signals & Systems
- Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Electronics Engineering Syllabus.
- Veterinary Anatomy & Histology.
- Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Livestock Production and Management.
- Animal Genetics and Breeding.
- Animal Nutrition.
- Veterinary Microbiology.
- Veterinary Pathology.
- Veterinary Parasitology.
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- Veterinary Public Health and Epidemiology.
- Veterinary Surgery and Radiology.
- Veterinary Medicine.
- Veterinary Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Veterinary Science Syllabus.
- Classification of non-chordates and chordates.
- Origin of chordates.
- Chordate adaptations.
- Structure and function of cell and its organelles.
- Chemical constituents of living cells.
- Enzyme : Types, Properties & enzyme action. Vitamins.
- Metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and lipids.
- Physiology with special reference to mammals.
- Mendelian Inheritance , genetic code and genetic interactions.
- Ecosystem, Environmental biodegradation and Conservation of natural resources.
- Animal behaviour and biostatistics.
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Zoology Syllabus.
- Definition, scope and importance of Ecology & Environmental Science
- Natural resources and associated problems
- Concept of an ecosystem
- Introduction of Biodiversity
- Definition of Environmental Pollution
- Social Issues and the Environment
- Human Population and the Environment
- Definition and principles of Remote Sensing
- Introduction to Wildlife Management
- Role of Ministry of Environment
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Environmental Science Syllabus.
- Basic Horticulture
- Plant Propagation and Nursery Management
- Fruit Production
- Vegetable Production
- Ornamental Horticulture, Aromatic and medicinal crops
- Post harvest technology of Horticultural Produce
- Spices and Condiments
- Forestry and Agroforestry :
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Horticulture Syllabus.
- Matrices and Determinants.
- Differential Calculus.
- Integral Calculus.
- Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations.
- Linear Programming Problem (LPP) and Operation Research.
- Numerical Analysis.
- Coordinate Geometry.
- Vector Analysis.
- Real and Complex Analysis.
- Statics and Dynamics.
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Mathematics Syllabus.
- General Properties Of Matter.
- Waves & Oscillations.
- Heat And Thermodynamics.
- Electronics And Circuit Analysis.
- Quantum Mechanics.
- Nuclear Physics.
- Solid State Physics.
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Physics Syllabus.
- Descriptive Statistics.
- Bivariate Analysis.
- Probability distributions.
- Sampling distributions.
- Statistical Inference.
- Sampling Theory.
- Design of Experiment.
- Multivariate Analysis.
- Statistical Quality Control.
- Economic Statistics.
- Time Series Analysis.
- Vital Statistics.
Click on the link bellow for the detailed ACF Statistics Syllabus.
The standard of these subjects shall be similar to the standard of the review carried out by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for Indian Forest Service (IFS).
As per the RPSC ACF recruitment 2022, the aspirant must not pair these 2 subjects together:
- Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering and Chemistry
- Computer Application or Science and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering
- Mathematics and
The aspirant must study all these selected two subjects and the topics under GK and English syllabus to get qualified and pass with the marks required by the commission to be selected for the interview.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.