The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has set certain criteria for the selection to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP), without which the candidature stands canceled. The exam is conducted yearly based on the vacancies in different zones. This article is to provide information regarding the eligibility required to appear in the exam. Candidates can also verify the details from the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board. A basic overview of Eligibility Criteria 2022 is detailed in this article.
RRB ALP Eligibility Criteria 2022
Among the basic pointers, nationality is the most important. It is mentioned that the candidate must be either:
1. A citizen of India
2. A subject of Nepal
3. A subject of Bhutan
3. A permanently settled Tibetan refugee in India, who came before Jan 1, 1962
4. A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malaya, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam, and with an intention to settling in India permanently.
A candidate belonging to categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 has to submit an eligibility certificate from the Government of India, to get admitted to the examination during Document Verification, failing of which his/her candidature is most likely to be rejected. For further information look into the official site of RRB.
RRB ALP Age Limit
The age limit prescribed by the Railway Recruitment Board for the post of ALP is 18 to 28 years, although age relaxation is permitted to candidates belonging to various categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and PWD. The upper and lower limit is common for all posts and shall be reckoned as of 01.07.2018. A candidate can attempt the examination any number of times as no limit is mentioned in the eligibility criteria. Both fishers and experienced can apply for the post. The age limit relaxation is given below:
|Sr. No.||category||Maximum Age and Relaxation|
|1.||SC/ ST||5 years|
|2.||OBC Non-Creamy Layer||3 years|
|3.||Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than 6 months service after attestation||Up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (PWD) UR||10 years|
|5.||PWD OBC Non-Creamy Layer||13 years|
|6.||PWD SC/ST||15 years|
|7.||Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|8.||Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years’ service (continuous or in broken spells) of UR Category||40 years of age|
|9.||Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years’ service (continuous or in broken spells) of OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) Category||43 years of age|
|10.||Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years’ service (continuous or in broken spells) of SC/ST Category||45 years of age|
|11.||Candidates who are working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies, and Institutes||Up to the length of service rendered (or) 5 Years, whichever is lower|
|12.||Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced, or judicially separated from husband but not remarried of UR Category||35 years of age|
|13.||Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from husband but not remarried of OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) Category||38 years of age|
|14.||Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced, or judicially separated from husband but not remarried of SC/ST Category||40 years of age|
|15.||Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts for which minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.||Shall be relaxed to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961.|
|16.||Candidates who are Course Completed Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years of UR Category||35 years of age|
|17.||Candidates who are Course Completed Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years of OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) Category||38 years of age|
|18.||Candidates who are Course Completed Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship Act before attaining the age of 25 years of SC/ST Category||40 years of age|
Candidates should keep the following things in mind related to the RRB ALP Eligibility:
- If a candidate is eligible for the relaxation of age on more than one ground, he/she would be accorded the highest of the age relaxations (not cumulative) for which he/she is eligible.
- No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates applying against unreserved RRB vacancies.
- PWD candidates applying against UR vacancies will be allowed age relaxation applicable for UR PWD only.
- Candidates should note that the date of birth filled in this application should be the same as recorded in the Matriculation /SSLC or an equivalent certificate. No subsequent request for its change will be considered.
- Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated for notified posts from a recognized Institute/University as of the closing date for submission of the Online application.
RRB ALP Educational Qualification
The candidates applying for RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Recruitment have to have a minimum qualification of matriculation. RRB has specified particular age and educational criteria for RRB ALP as given below:
Candidates should have passed matriculation and completed the course Act Apprenticeship Industrial Training Institute approved by NCVT or SCVT in the respective trade. Those who have a diploma in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Automobile Engineering are also eligible for the exam.
RRB ALP Medical Standards
A requisite medical standard is strictly observed as a process of qualification. The candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness test conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties opted for them. The medical standards requisite is tabulated below:
|Sr. No.||Medical standard||General Fitness||Visual Acuity|
|1.||A-1||Physically fit in all respect||Distance Vision: 6/6, 6/6 without glasses with fogging test (must not accept +2D)
Sn: 0.6,0.6 without glasses and must pass tests for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic Vision, etc.
|2.||B-1||Physically fit in all respect||Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D)|
|3.||B-2||Physically fit in all respect||Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D).|
|4.||C-1||Physically fit in all respect||Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses.|
- Candidates who have undergone Lasik surgery or any other surgical procedure to correct refractory error are not eligible for the post having Medical Standards A1, B1, and B2.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they are eligible as per the medical standards for the posts opted by them.
- Those who are opting for RRB ALP Post should strictly adhere to the medical standard in terms of physical and visual fitness.
Assistant Loco Pilot is a perfect job opportunity for those looking for an on-field profession. This challenging job requires a lot of physical and mental fitness that comes with a secure and decent pay scale. To learn more, try the online classes and prepare yourself for a career-oriented goal. Look into our latest updates regarding the exam preparation. In all your future steps, the Entri app is with you. Good Luck!