RRB ALP exam is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board to recruit eligible candidates to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) for the different zones on the Indian railway. For the purpose of conducting exam centre prepares a list of vacancies of different zones. In this article, you can read more about RRB ALP Job Profile 2021. Aspiring candidates can also look into the official website of Railway Recuitment Board for more information.
|RRB ALP 2021 Overview|
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Loco Pilots (ALP)|
|Application Submission Date||To be Announced|
|Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Number of Vacancy||To be Announced|
RRB ALP Job Profile 2022
Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) previously known by the name Assistant Driver is a very secure central government job for aspiring candidates. Concerning the challenging and strenuous nature of the job, running allowance is granted to the employees. The travel allowance is provided to the distance traveled by the person. The main duty of an Assistant Loco Pilot is to provide necessary help to the Loco Pilot. The nature of the job requires a conscious state of mind adaptive enough for taking decisions and a quick responsive behavior. To evaluate the candidate’s quick responsive skills, aptitude tests are conducted as well. The main functions of an Assistant Loco Pilot can be as follows:
- To assist the Loco driver in piloting the train, as an ALP is to oblige by the orders of Loco Pilot
- Check the efficiency and fine-tuning of the locomotive
- Assisting the Loco driver while calling out the signals, thus keeping an eye on the signals
- Regular assessment including repairing of the locomotive, and reporting any malfunctioning to the authority.
- Thus ensuring safe and secure traveling by being keen and punctual is the basic requirement that RRB is looking for any aspiring candidate. One of the perks of the job is salary, which is basic pay along with allowances as per the 7th pay commission recommendations. This on-field job gives the security that any central government job can provide, and it can be an enthralling job for those who prefer traveling.
RRB ALP Career Growth
The job comes with various promotions as well. An Assistant Loco pilot’s next level is Senior Loco Pilot (Sr. ALP) followed by Loco Pilot (ALP). Examinations are conducted to the senior level posts. The posts are as follows: Power Controller, Crew Controller, and Loco Supervisor (Loco Fireman). These jobs have the added advantage of receiving a running allowance, without actually running for it.
RRB ALP Application Process
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post through the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
Visit the official website of the RRB of your region.
1. Click on the “Apply Now” option.
2. Fill in the necessary details like father’s name, Date of Birth, Phone number, etc.
3. Verify your phone number and email id through an OTP.
4. After verification, a registration ID will be generated.
5. Re-login to the website with your Registration ID and password
6. Enter mandatory details in the required field.
7. Upload the scanned copy of your photograph and signature in the required dimension
8. Make the payment of our application fees.
9. In order to avoid any errors recheck your application once again and click submit
For further information regarding the examination see our related article link.
Learn with Entri app and attend video classes, attempt mock tests, daily quizzes, doubt clearing sessions, etc. Entri wishes good luck to all candidates!