Railway Recruitment Board has released the much-anticipated notification for the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC). As of March 2019, 44,531 vacancies are reported. The selection process includes two stages of Computer Based Test following the skill test and document verification process. The Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) vacancy includes Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Commercial Apprentice and Station Master in various Railway Boards. Graduation and HSE are the minimum education qualification for different posts. Candidates should note that those awaiting results of the minimum educational qualification is not eligible. In RRB Thiruvananthapuram NTPC 2019 has 897 vacancies.
RRB Thiruvananthapuram NTPC 2019-20 Important Dates
- Online Application Starting Date – 01 March 2019
- Closing Date – 31 March 2019
- Closing Date for Payment of Application Fee – 05 April 2019
- Phase 01 CBT – Tentatively scheduled for August/September 2019
RRB Thiruvananthapuram NTPC 2019 – Vacancy
RRB NTPC 2019 Total Vacancy
RRB Thiruvananthapuram 2019 Vacancy
RRB Thiruvananthapuram section has a total of 897 vacancies in seven posts.
RRB NTPC 2019 – Qualification
RRB Thiruvananthapuram NTPC 2019 Salary
All of these positions will have the perks of House Rent Allowance (HrA), Dearness Allowance(DA) and Travel Allowance (TA) along with their basic pay. Railway employees can also enjoy medical benefits and the pension scheme. As per the new orders, selected candidates can draw their salary based on the 7th CPC.
The House Rent Allowance (HRA) is compensation for expenses in connection with the rent of the accommodation to be hired/leased by the employee and is fixed upon the level of the employee. So, for the level 6 positions,8496, 5564 and 2832 would be the HRA for class X, Y & Z cities. In Kerala, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kannur, Kollam are considered as the Class Y cities. The total salary will be a sum total of Basic pay + HRA + DA + TA + any other allowances.
RRB Thiruvananthapuram NTPC 2019 Exam Pattern
Phase 01 Computer Based Test
100 questions, 90 minutes
- Each question carries equal marks and there shall be a negative mark of .3 for every wrong answer.
Phase 02 Computer Based Test
120 questions, 90 minutes
Phase 02 CBT is different for each of the pay level. If any of the candidates become eligible for more than one level then, he/she has to give different CBT’s in the second phase depends on the pay level. There shall be a Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) for the candidates who have opted for the Traffic Assistant and Station Master posts.
For the posts of Typists(Junior & Senior), Time Keeper and the Accountant posts there shall be a skill test before the DV. The CBT’s and CBAT and the skill tests( if applicable) will follow the document verification and the medical examination before the final lists.
For more details about the preparation books, candidates can check here. RRB NTPC Preparation Books
Based on the performances in the stage, 02 CBT and CBAT & Skill test( wherever applicable) candidates will call for the document verification process.
Medical examination will be held for every post depending on the medical standards prescribed for each post.
RRB NTPC Thiruvanthapuram Syllabus 2019
Stage 01 CBT
- Number System Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF,
- Ratio and Proportions, Percentage,
- Time and Work, Time and Distance,
- Simple and Compound Interest,
- Profit and Loss,
- Elementary Algebra,
- Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, etc.
(b) General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding,
- Mathematical Operations, Similarities, and Differences,
- Relationships, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism,
- Jumbling, Venn Diagrams, Puzzle,
- Data Sufficiency, Statement- Conclusion,
- Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making, Maps, Interpretation of Graphs, etc.
(c) General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India,
- Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India,
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE),
- History of India and Freedom Struggle,
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World,
- Indian Polity and Governance,
- General Scientific and Technological Developments
- UN and Other important World Organizations,
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large,
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications,
- Common Abbreviations,
- Transport Systems in India,
- Indian Economy,
- Famous Personalities of India and World,
- Flagship Government Programs,
- Flora and Fauna of India,
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India etc
Stage 02 CBT
The syllabus for the Stage 02 CBT remains the same as of the Stage 01 CBT but the difficulty level varies with the pay scale. Candidates should note that stage 02 CBT is different for different CPC levels. If one candidate gets shortlisted for more than one pay level posts then. he/she has to give different exams for each CPC level.
Posts and Pay levels
Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
CBAT test is only for those candidates who have opted either Station Master or Traffic Assistant. In each of the test batteries in order to qualify the candidates to need to secure a minimum T-Score of 42 marks. These qualifying marks are applicable to all the candidates from each and every community. There is no negative marking in the CBAT test.
For the clerical and typist posts like, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist and Junior Time Keeper, there shall be a typing skill test of qualifying nature. On a personal computer without using any editing tools and spell check tools candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute in English or 25 WPM in Hindi.
The RRB NTPC Thiruvananthapuram 2019 admit card is yet to publish. Once it is published candidates can download it from the official website. RRB Thiruvananthapuram
Candidates can find the details about the vacancies from other RRB’s in the official notification. RRB NTPC THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
Entri wishes you all the best for your future. Start your preparation with Entri.