Table of Contents
The India Smart Cities Award Contest (ISAC) is organized under the Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India. Recently, India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2020 ceremony was organized ‘Smart Cities, Smart Urbanization’ Conference 2022. The award winners of the India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2020 were felicitated at the ‘Smart Cities, Smart Urbanization’ Conference 2022. However, the award distribution ceremony was deferred due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation at that time. These awards were earlier announced through a virtual conference in 2021.
What Is A Smart City Award ?
Smart Cities India 2022 Awards is a unique platform designed to felicitate, recognize and encourage individuals, policymakers, companies, municipalities, government bodies, and associations to illuminate the work done across both urban and rural sectors. The Awards Ceremony marks the grand finale of the 3-day expo.
The India Smart Cities Award Contest (ISAC) is organized under the Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India. This is one of the important activities initiated under the Mission, where pioneering city strategies, projects, and ideas are recognized based on innovation, impact, and replicability/scalability.
On the occasion of completing 6 successful years of the Smart Cities Mission, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) declared the Smart City awards results for 2020 on June 25, 2021. Indore and Surat are declared as the smartest cities of India.
India Smart Cities Awards Contest – Significance
- The ISAC recognizes and rewards cities, projects and innovative ideas that are promoting sustainable development in urban areas in India.
- The India Smart Cities Award Contest (ISAC) is also stimulating inclusive, equitable, safe, healthy and collaborative cities, thus enhancing the quality of life for all.
- The motto of the award is to encourage cities to practice approaches to making cities habitable, ecological, and financially stable.
- The Smart Cities Award India serves as a crucial part to improve the future of India.
- The global climate changes always make us aware of the exploited life quality of people.
Smart Cities Award India Facts
- The India Trade Promotion Organisation, an agency under the Union ministry of trade and industry, organised the Smart Cities Award India contest and ceremony 2022. The Ministry of housing and urban affairs also took a part of this initiative.
- The jury panel had eminent personalities like Hitesh Vaidya, Ravi Ranjan Guru, Anil Razdan, Manvita Baradi, Purushottam Kaushik and Vikas Kanungo.
Smart City Awards In India – Eligibility Criteria
A city in India will consider for the smart city award only if it meets the following requirements. The eligiblity condition to become a smart city in India includes: The city should provide
- Efficient delivery of public utilities such as water, electricity, solid waste, sanitation, and sewerage as well as associated government services (
- Mechanism for supply-demand matching of surface transport services to provide congestion free roads, and minimal waiting time for public transport commuters
- Active surveillance, monitoring and alerts at vantage points in the city to provide the much required public safety for citizens and
- On-demand availability of reliable emergency services such as ambulance, fire safety.
Smart City Awards In India – Selection Process
There are two stages in the selection process.
Stage 1: Shortlisting of cities by States
The State/UT begins with shortlisting the potential smart cities on the basis of conditions precedent and scoring criteria and in accordance with the total number allocated to it. The cities emerging successful in the first round of competition was sent by the State/UT as the recommended shortlist of smart cities to MoUD by the stipulated date. For Gujarat, total six cities namely Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Gandhinagar, and Dahod were selected.
Stage 2: The Challenge round for selection
In the second stage of the competition, each of the potential 100 smart cities prepared their proposals for participation in the ‘City Challenge’. Each city formulated its own unique vision, mission, and plan for a “Smart City.” Their concepts reflected the city’s local context, resources, and priorities of citizens. Each city developed a pan-city and area-based proposal.
Deferent steps of in the selection of Smart Cities are given below:
List Of Winners Of Smart Cities Award India 2022
|1||Best Green Buildings Project||Faridabad Smart City Limited||ICCC Building|
|2||Best Healthcare Initiatives||Bhopal Smart City Development Corporation Limited||COVID Management through ICCC|
|3||Best Startup Initiatives||Bhopal Smart City Development Corporation Limited||B-Nest Foundation|
|4||Best Water Management||Solinas Integrity Private Limited||Pipeline Management Project for 24×7 Water Supply|
|5||City Innovation||Ujjain Smart City Limited||Digital Center|
|6||COVID 19- Recovery Innovation Award||Jabalpur Smart City Limited||Leveraging ICCC against COVID Pandemic|
|7||Digital City||New Town Kolkata Green Smart City Corporation||Digital Services in New Town Kolkata|
|8||Governance and Economy||Pimpri Chinchwad Smart City Limited||Smart Sarathi|
|9||Public Private Partnership Initiatives||Indore Smart City Development Limited||She Kunj|
|10||Safe City||Dehradun Smart City Limited||DICCC|
|11||Smart Energy Project||Jabalpur Smart City Limited||Smart Light Project|
|12||Smart Parking Initiatives||Indore Smart City Development Limited||Two Wheeler Multi-Level Parking|
|13||Smart Urban Mobility||Silvassa Smart City Limited||E-Bus Project|
|14||Smart Waste Disposal and Clean City||New Town Kolkata Green Smart City Corporation||Integrated Solid Waste Management System in New Town Kolkata|
|15||Smart City of the Year||Ujjain Smart City Limited||MRIDA|
|16||Best City Leader of the Year||Athar Aamir Khan, IAS, CEO, Srinagar Smart City Limited|
Hope this article will be useful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.