Table of Contents
Sikkim Public Service Commission has issued a notification for the recruitment of 03 Sub Jailer vacancies. Candidates who have registered for Sikkim PSC Exam from 27.03.2021 to 25.04.2021 can now stop searching for syllabus and test pattern as present on this page. This blog is about SPSC Sub Jailer Syllabus 2021
SPSC Sub Jailer Syllabus 2021: Selection Process
Selection process contains 3 stages. Prelims, Physical endurance cum physical efficiency test (PET) and written examinations. Candidates are directed to bring a Photo Identity proof like (Aadhaar Card, Voters Card, and Driving License) along with valid e-Admit cards in the examination centre for proof of identity.
SPSC Sub Jailer Syllabus 2021: Exam Pattern
Aspirants can analyze subjects, total questions, weight age of marks, making scheme, exam durations etc. with the help of exam pattern as follows;
Stage I Preliminary Exam Pattern 2021
|1||General Studies – I||Current Events of State, National & International Importance.||200||02 Hours|
|History of Indian and Indian national movement|
|Main features of Indian Constitution.|
|Panchayati Raj (Local Self Government)|
|Economic and social development|
|Economic and social development|
|2||General Studies — II||General Science (Class X level)||200||02 Hours|
|Mathematics (Class X level)|
|English (Class X level)|
Note: The Preliminary Examination shall consist of two papers of 200 marks each. The time limit for each paper shall be of two hours duration. The question will be of multiple choice/objective type.
Stage II Physical Endurance-Cum-Physical Efficiency Test (50 Marks):
The number of candidates to be called for the Physical Endurance-cum-Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and from amongst those qualifying the Preliminary Examination shall be determined by the Sikkim Public Service Commission at its discretion.
The standards of Physical Efficiency Test prescribed for Sub-Jailer are as follows:-
100 Meter Race:
|Below 13.0 seconds||A||10 marks|
|13.0 to 14.5 seconds||B||8 marks|
|14.05 to 16.0 seconds||C||6 marks|
|Above 16 seconds||Failed and disqualified|
The time taken from start to finish is noted by means of a stop watch and recorded Candidates will have only one chance at the event.
1500 Meter Race:
|Below 5.5 minutes||A||10 marks|
|5.5 to 6.75 minutes||B||8 marks|
|6.75 to 8.0 minutes||C||6 marks|
|Above 8 minutes||Failed and disqualified|
The time taken from start to finish is noted by means of stop watch and recorded Candidates will have only one chance at the event.
High Jump (maximum three chances at the qualifying level and one chance at each subsequent level)
|Above 1.40 meters||A||10 marks|
|1.25 to 1.40 meters||B||8 marks|
|1.10 to 1.25 meters||C||6 marks|
|Below 1.10 meters||Failed and disqualified|
Long Jump (three chances)
|Above 4.50 meters||A||10 marks|
|4.05 to 4.50 meters||B||8 marks|
|3.60 to 4.05 meters||C||6 marks|
|Below 3.60 meters||Failed and disqualified|
Shot-Put (three chances)
|Above 6.75 meters||A||10 marks|
|5.75 to 6.75 meters||B||8 marks|
|4.75 to 5.75 meters||C||6 marks|
|Below 4.75||Failed and disqualified|
Stage 3: Mains Examination
The written examination shall include two compulsory subjects (English & General Knowledge) and two Optional Subjects out of the 50 subjects listed below:
|S. No||Subject Name||Paper Name||Marks|
|1||ENGLISH(Essay writing, Letter writing, Comprehension of given passage,
|2||GENERAL KNOWLEDGE – 100 Marks (Pertaining to the World, India & Sikkim, including current affairs & reasoning)||100|
|3||Optional Subjects||500 (250 each)|
SPSC Sub Jailer Syllabus 2021: Syllabus
- Sentence Arrangement
- Fill in the blanks
- Spotting Errors
- Para Completion
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Active and Passive Voice
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Idioms and Phrases
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Wars and
- Current Affairs
- Important National Facts
- Heritage and Arts
- Diseases and Nutrition
- Freedom Movement
- Common Names
- Full forms
- Inland Harbours
- Number of Players
- Heritage and Arts.
Mains Exam Optional Subject Syllabus:
|Agriculture Engineering||Genetic Engineering||Physiotherapy|
|Animal Husbandry&Veterinary Science||Geology||Psychology|
|Anthropology||Hindi languageLiterature||Public Administration|
|Bachelors in ComputerApplication||Home Science||Social Works|
|Bhutia LanguageLiterature||Hotel & HospitalityAdministration||Statistics|
|Bio-Technology||Indian History||Tourism Management|
|B.Sc Nursing||Lepcha Language &Literature||Bachelor of BusinessAdministration|
|Chemistry||Library & Information Science|
|Civil Engineering||Limboo Language & Literature|
|Commerce||Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Mathematics|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Nepali Language & Literature|
|English Language & Literature||Physical Education|
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Bank Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
- Entri offers the best online classes with HD quality videos
- Online classes are taken by our expert teachers and rank holders which help to boost your knowledge.
- You can play your video classes in the background while using other apps.
- 100+ mock tests with most expected questions.
- You can clear your doubts instantly by interacting with our top faculty and toppers on Entri Groups
- Leader boards corresponding with the live mock tests for your personal awareness.
- Periodic quizzes like Daily Rank Boosters and Daily Current Affairs will be given with updated questions.
- Apart from learning, Entri takes the feedback from users proactively. Entri’s customer support team will reach out to you once the feedback is received and make the process faster.
- Entri is rich in the number of exam categories and it’s design is made too simple for the ease of navigation to users.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.