The Indian Army (Government of India) has declared 13 openings for Territorial Army post. As a result, there is a lot of competition. You must review every Territorial Army Salary 2022 and Territorial Army Job Profile 2022 details before applying for the Territorial Army Vacancies 2022. . The most significant aspects of any job are the salary and the job profile. You will perform better in your job if your wage corresponds to your job profile.
Territorial Army Recruitment 2022
The Territorial Army has released an official notification towards the recruitment of Territorial Army Officers 2022. A total of 13 vacancies have been notified including male and female candidates. Online application will be started on July 1, 2022. Applicants will be called for a written examination which is tentatively expected to be conducted on 25 September 2022. Interested and eligible candidates can go through the notification and apply online through the official website before the deadline 31st July 2022.
|Territorial Army recruitment 2022|
|Organization Name||Indian Army (Government of India)|
|Post Name||Territorial Army 2022|
|No. of Vacancies||13|
|Exam Date||25 September 2022|
|Application Starting Date||1 July 2022|
|Application Last Date||30 July 2022|
Territorial Army Job Profile 2022
The Territorial Army Officer Job Profile, as well as the salary details and allowances and benefits, should be familiarised by interested individuals. The Territorial Army job profile includes to relieve the Regular Army from static duties. Assist civil administration in dealing with natural calamities and maintenance of essential services in situations where life of the communities is affected or the Security of the Country is threatened and to provide units for Regulars Army as and when required.
Presently the Territorial Army has a strength of approx. 40000 persons comprising of Departmental TA units such as Railway, IOC, ONGC, and Non-Departmental TA units of Infantry Battalion (TA) including Home & Hearth Battalions, Ecological Battalion (TA) affiliated to various Infantry Regiments and Engineer Regiment (TA) for maintenance of Line of Control Fencing.
Type of Units: Armed Regt (TA), Infantry Battalion (TA), Air Defence (TA), Med Regt (TA), Engineers Field Park Coy (TA), Signal Regiment (TA), EME Workshop (TA), Coast Battery (TA), ASC GT Coy (TA), ASC Compo Platoon (TA), AMC Field Ambulance (TA).
Territorial Army Roles and Responsibilities
Every candidate as an Territorial Army officer is allocated with certain responsibilities and job profiles.
- The primary job of the territorial army is to relieve the regular army from non-combat roles.
- They are often entrusted with roles like supplies, intelligence gatherings, and other roles.
- The territorial Army often works hand in hand with the police force towards the protection of the countrymen.
- They are also entrusted with the job of National security when needed.
Territorial Army Probation Period
For the non-departmental TA, training is provided at urban and provincial systems. A minimum of 30 days of training which is extendable to a maximum of 60 days including a camp of 14 days has to be completed by the personnel of TA every year. Four hours of training constitute a single day of training.
Similarly, all officers are mandatorily required to undergo 10 weeks of post-commission training within the time span of 2 years of their commissioning.
Territorial Army Training Duration 2022
- One month of basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within the first two years at OTA, Chennai.
Territorial Army Career Growth and Promotion
Eligible individuals who successfully complete the probation period may be promoted to higher positions. They will also be eligible for bonuses, raises, supplemental benefits, commissions, and other advantages.
The career growth of every candidate also depends upon the performance in the probation period. To get the job confirmed and also getting eligible for promotion, the candidate has to qualify for the departmental examinations.
The attributes that one expects from a satisfying profession are:- (a) Professional Advancement (b) Job Satisfaction (c) Job Security (d) Economic Stability
- According to the authorization, the employee will get the promotion to the higher designation.
- The employees can avail the leave facilities, leave encashment facilities, leave travel concessions, and accommodation concessions, while they will during their training, military service or will be permanent staff.
- Applicable to the Regular Army, the employees can get all the Medals and awards.
- During the service embodiment, the employees will get DA
- Once the employees complete 3 to 5 annual training camps, they will get special increments.
- The pensioners will get free medical status.
- At the time of retirement/ discharge, the employees will get Terminal Gratuity (other than Civil Govt Employees).
Territorial Army Retirement Details
The Territorial Army is the second line of defence after the Indian Army. It is for those candidates that are part of civilian professions from before and is a pre-requisite for joining the Territorial Army.
Terminal gratuity: After completing 5 years of physical service or 10 years of total service. Pension is given on completion of 20 years of physical service to officers and 15 years to JCOs/OR other than civil Govt. employees.
Territorial Army Salary
The candidates opting for the Territorial Army because of their passion to serve the nation and the salary structure which ranges from Rs. 56,000 to Rs. 1,77,000 for the Lieutenant and Rs. 1,39,600 to Rs. 2,17,600 for the Brigadier post along with the perks and benefits.
Payscale matrix for the employees of the Territorial Army,
|Lieutenant||Level 10||Rs.56100-Rs. 177500||Rs. 15500|
|Captain||Level 10 A||Rs. 61300-Rs. 193900||Rs. 15500|
|Major||Level 11||Rs. 69400-Rs. 207200||Rs. 15500|
|Lt. Colonel||Level 12 A||Rs. 121200-Rs. 212400||Rs. 15500|
|Colonel||Level 13||Rs. 130600-Rs. 215900||Rs. 15500|
|Brigadier||Level 13 A||Rs. 139600-Rs. 217600||Rs. 15500|
Lieutenant Salary Structure
|Basic Pay||Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 5,400|
|Military Service Pay||Rs. 6,000|
|Kit Maintenance Allowance||Rs. 400|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 1,600|
|Field Area Allowance (25%)||Rs. 6,780|
|High Altitude/Uncongenial Altitude||Rs. 5,600|
|Flying Pay||Rs. 9,000|
|Parachute Pay||Rs. 1,200|
|Special Forces||Rs. 9,000|
Territorial Army In Hand Salary
The In-hand salary of the candidates who join initially the Territorial Army is Rs. 56,000 which is served as per the 7th pay commission of the Central Government. Apart from this, the Territorial Army staff are also allowed with major allowances Dearness Allowances, House Rental Allowances, Medical Allowances, Travel Allowance.
Territorial Army Salary Allowances and Benefits
In addition to attractive salary, Territorial Army officers get many other benefits as well,
- Dearness Allowance
- Medical Allowances
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Officers with more than 20 years experience and Junior Commissioned Officers or any other ranks with 15 years experience get Pension.
- Increment is received each time after a year of physical service.
- The non-department units of the Territorial Army employees will avail the Insurance Benefits and incentives of insurance.
- Camp Allowance of Rs.10 per day is provided to the candidate when attending camps.
- Terminal Gratuity is acquired after completing 5 years of physical service or 10 years of total service to personnel.
- Area Posted Allowances to Personnel
- At the time of commissioning employees will given uniform Allowance of Rs. 6000
- Bounty Allowance to the officers of infantry units of Rs. 450.
- Free rations, CSD (Canteen Store Department) facilities available.
- Medical facilities are available to the candidate and the dependants when embodied for training and military services or when assigned on non departmental staff.
- Free medical help for candidates with a pension.
- Concessions and quotas are available like Air/Rail travel concession, Study quotas, and others.
- Opportunity for Foreign placements.
- Casual leave of 20 days and Annual Leave of 2 months will be granted.
- Facilities to leave, leave drafting encash, accommodation and leave travel concessions applicable during training or military service or permanent staff is also provided.
- Provide incentives like cash awards from Rs. 2500- Rs. 5000 when a candidate is awarded a medal or decoration for some state governments and departments.
- On completion of a minimum 80% of the annual training camp every year a sum of Rs.450 to Officers, Rs. 300 for JCOs, and Rs.175 to other ranks is given to the personnel.
Download the Entri App, the best educational and preparation app to secure a job. Through Entri you can access practice papers, previous questions papers, crash courses and can attempt a number of mock tests. Entri provides you with effective and customized study materials and provides well accurate study habits. The expert teachers in Entri will help you to identify your weak zones and help you to build your confidence. Entri provides you effective learnings in a period of time with the help of expert teams and you can accomplish the goal with the Entri App. Start your preparation for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. We are providing you the best platform for the preparations for every prestigious exam.