Table of Contents
Special Branch Crime Intelligence Department, SBCID applications are invited for 29 Junior Reporter Posts. This Tamil Nadu Police Application Form will be available at tnpolice.gov.in from 28/08/2022 to 12/09/2022.
The official website of SBCID is www.tnpolice.gov.in. There are total 29 vacancies and place of work is Tamilnadu. Candidates who are interested in Police Junior Reporter job can apply for this notification. This location was announced in 2020, but was shelved at the time due to lockdowns. now this police shorthand office announced the change of this recruitment.
|TN Police Shorthand Bureau Official Notification PDF (English)||Click here|
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022-Overview
|Department Name:||TN Police Shorthand Burea|
|Category of this Job:||Tamil Nadu Government Job|
|Job Type :||Permanent government Jobs|
|Total Vacancies:||29+ POST|
|Name Of The Vacancy:||Junior Reporter Posts|
|Place Of Postings:||All over India and Tamil Nadu|
|Application on Starting Date opened:||29.08.2022|
|Application on Ending Date :||12.09.2022|
|Apply Mode On:||Offline Mode|
|Official Website Link :||https://eservices.tnpolice.gov.in/|
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022-Important Dates
|Starting Date of Submission of Offline Application||28/08/2022|
|Closing Date of Submission of Offline Application||12/09/2022|
|Date of Skill Test, Oral Test|
|Date and Time of Skill Test, Oral Test||Will Be Intimate Later|
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022-Vacancy Details
Currently Tamilnadu Police Shorthand Bureau (TN Police Shorthand Bureau) is recruiting 29 candidates to fill their following posts. Candidates are requested to check the current vacancies of TN Police Shorthand Bureau before applying for this recruitment. Below is the list of latest Tamilnadu Police Shorthand Burea Jobs.
|SI No||Name of Posts||No. of Posts|
Distribution Of Vacancies
|Current Vacancies||Backlog Vacancies||
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
|Most Backward Classes and Denotified
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
|Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities|
|Number of Posts||04||–||–||–||–||03||–||10||2||1||9||29|
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022-Salary
TN Police Shorthand Bureau has released the pay scale for the recruitment , which is given below.
The Salary given for Junior Reporter – Rs.36,200 – 1,14,800/- PM
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have certain required qualification and age limit to apply for TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment Vacancy. In fact, TN Police Shorthand Bureau used to recruit young candidates for entry level operations. Let’s discuss more details below.
|Category of Candidates||Age Limit|
|SC / ST / SC(A)||18 years to 35 years|
|BC / BC(M) / MBC/DNC||18 years to 32 years|
|“Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DNCs, BCs, and BCMs]||18 years to 30 years|
|For service candidates||Must not have completed the age of 45 years. No upper age limit for SC / ST candidates.|
1. The applicant should have completed the age of 18 years as on 01.07.2019 (should have been born before 01.07.2001)
2. Backward Class, Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities should have completed the age of 18 years as on 01.07.2019 but not beyond the age of 32 years (should have been born after 01.07.1987)
3. Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Caste(Arunthathiyar) and Scheduled Tribes should have completed the age of 18 years as on 01.07.2019 but not beyond the age of 35 years (should have been born after 01.07.1984)
4. “Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DNCs, BCs, and BCMs] should have completed the age of 18 years as on 01.07.2019 but not beyond the age of 30 years (should have been born after 01.07.1989)
TN Police Shorthand Burea requires 12th English Typing candidates to apply for Junior Reporter Notification 2022. The detailed information is given below or you can check the official notification itself.
(i) Must have passed Plus 2 with Tamil as one of the Subjects.
(ii) Must have passed Government Technical Examination in English Shorthand by Higher Grade / Senior Grade (120 w.p.m).
(iii) Must have passed Government Technical Examination in English Typewriting by Higher Grade / Senior Grade (45 w.p.m).
(iv) Candidates for appointment as Junior Reporters by transfer should possess the minimum general educational qualification and should have passed the Government Technical Examination in English Shorthand by the Higher Grade and Typewriting English by Higher Grade.
(v) Working knowledge in Tamil Shorthand is required.
(vi) Candidates should acquire the certificate course in Computer on Office Automation Course within their probation period. However, the candidate should possess sufficient working knowledge of computers in the day-to-day functioning of the Office.
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022: Apply Online
TN Police Stenographer Office is collecting applications from 12th English Typing candidates to fill their current vacancy. Interested and eligible candidates can apply offline by mail for the vacancy from 29.08.2022 to 12.09.2022. For this, candidates have to fill the TN Police Shorthand Bureau Application Form 2022 offline and courier it to the organization address.
Steps to apply for TN Police Junior Reporter Recruitment 2022
To apply for a TN Police Shorthand Bureau recruitment 2022, the aspirants need to follow the given steps.
- Visit TN Police Shorthand Bureau official website – Click here
- Go to TN Police Shorthand Bureau careers or Latest News page.
- Check for the Junior Reporter job advertisement and Download it.
- Check and verify your eligibility to apply for Junior Reporter job.
- Find TN Police Shorthand Bureau online application form and download it.
- Fill the application form and send it.
- Make Payment (if required), Submit the application.
- Take print your application form for future use.
“The Chairman, Selection Committee, Police Shorthand Bureau, HQ, 2 nd floor, Old Coastal Security Group Building, DGP office complex, Mylapore, Chennai- 600 004.”
Candidates must enclose:
1. Proof of date of birth (Birth Certificate / TC/ SSLC or HSC mark sheets or any other relevant documents)
2. Community Certificate.
3. Educational Qualifications. SSLC/HSC/Diploma/U.G/P.G
4. Technical Qualifications (For having passed in Typewriting and Shorthand by Higher Grade/Senior Grade in English).
5. Character and Conduct Certificate issued by the Head of Institution in which the candidate last studied / studying. (Conduct certificate / TC)
6. ‘No Objection Certificate’ issued by the Head of Department, in the case of candidates working in Government Department / Government Undertakings.
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022: Exam Pattern
Aspirants whose applications are found to be in order in all respects, will be called for to appear for the Skill Test (Shorthand dictation) and Oral Test:-
1) English Passage
Dictation (120 words
(this is mandatory for
2) Tamil Passage Dictation (90 words
(this is optional, those
who have passed in
Tamil shorthand can
- The above dictated passages should be transcribed within the time allotted
- Candidates will be selected based on the seniority of total marks obtained in the above tests.
- Marks will be deducted for mistakes committed in the above Skill
- The final selection will be made based on the combined marks secured by the candidates in the Skill Test and the Interview and as per the communal roster.
- Mere admission to the Skill Test / interview or inclusion of name in the selection list will not confer on the candidates any right for The candidature is therefore, provisional at all stages and the Selection Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any candidature at any stage, even after the selection has been made, if anything wrong or violation is noticed, at any point of time.
Method of evaluation of transcribed papers in the skill test:
- Deduction of 1 mark each for the following :- ( for both Tamil & English passages )
- Every omission of a word.
- A wrong word for a right
- Past tense for present, singular for plural and vice
- Deduction of 1/2 mark each for the following:-(for both Tamil and English passages)
- For spelling mistakes.
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022:Exam Centres
The Skill Test and Oral test will be held only at Chennai.
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022: Selection Procedure
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
(i) Skill test (Shorthand dictation) and
(ii) Oral Test. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Skill test (Shorthand dictation) and Oral Test taken together and subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in the Skill test (Shorthand dictation) and Oral Test are compulsory. A candidate who has failed to appear either in Skill test (Shorthand dictation) or in Oral Test will not be considered for selection.
TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022:Job Profile
The primary duty of the Junior Reporter is to undertake field work in all the places in the districts / cities to cover conferences / public meetings / demos etc. conducted by Political parties / Movements and immediately prepare and submit the reports to the higher Police Officers. Since the duty to be done is mostly during night hours, those who are capable of / fully interested in this type of duty alone need to apply for the post.
Instructions to The Candidates: –
- The Call letters will be sent by post to eligible candidates.
- No Travelling Allowance will be paid to the candidates who are required to attend the Skill Test / Interview and candidates have to make their own arrangements in this regard.
- Selected Candidates will be posted in any one of the Districts in Tamil Nadu.
- Dates of Skill Test in shorthand and oral test for shortlisted candidates will be informed separately through Call Letters.
- Any request of the candidates for change of date, time or venue of Skill Test / Interview will not be entertained.
- The details and enclosures submitted along with the application are treated as ‘final’ and they will not be returned back under any circumstances. No additional details and enclosures will be entertained thereafter. No extension of time would be permitted for production of requisite documents.
- Mere admission to the Skill Test / Interview or inclusion of name in the selection list will not confer on the candidates any right for appointment. The candidature is therefore, provisional at all stages and the Selection Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any candidature at any stage, even after the selection has been made when anything wrong or violation is noticed at any point of time.
- The application of a candidate who makes a false claim, by suppressing correct information, relating to category of reservation, age, educational, technical qualification will be rejected. The Candidate will also be debarred from appearing for all future examinations and selections conducted for the above post. If the suppression or false claim is noticed subsequently, the selection of the candidate concerned will be declared invalid.
- After notification, during the process of recruitment till publication of result, no information, under Right to Information Act, would be furnished.
10.Candidates shall submit all their original certificates for verification, whenever called for.
11.The decision of the Selection Committee in respect of all matters pertaining to this Recruitment Process, as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the skill test, interview shall be final and binding. Call letters will be sent to eligible candidates only; others who do not receive the Call letters are not entitled to attend the above tests.
12.Results of the above tests will be published only after the finalization of the recruitment process.
- Request for revaluation and Re-totaling will not be entertained. No candidate is permitted to peruse or obtain copies of the answer sheets.
- As per Sections 26 and 27 (g) of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016, reservation of appointment of “Destitute Widow” and “Ex-Serviceman” will not apply to this recruitment.
- Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars or suppression of material facts relating to category of reservation / other basic qualification / eligibility wise / age / communal categories / educational qualification and other basic eligibility criteria will be liable for rejection.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the posts without assigning any reason whatsoever. In the matter of recruitment, the decision of the Selection Committee is final and any representation against the non-selection will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Filled in applications in the prescribed format alongwith Self-attested Xerox copies of all the relevant certificates should be submitted to –The Chairman, Selection Committee, Police Shorthand Bureau, HQ, 2nd floor, Old Coastal Security Group Building, DGP office complex, Mylapore, Chennai-4 by registered post with ack. due only. Applications received after the last date will not be entertained under any circumstances.
We hope that this article was informative about the TN Police Shorthand Bureau Recruitment 2022: Apply for 29 Junior Reporter Posts. If you have any doubts, do let us know. For more information about all government exams, download the Entri App. The App can be used to prepare with the best exam preparation material ranging from mock test series, practice sets, and doubt clearing sessions to online coaching, question banks, etc.