Government jobs are always the most desirable ones. Job security and heavy paychecks make them the favourite. Tamil Nadu PSC Combined Civil Services Examination(Group-IV) is considered as the stepping stone towards a highly competitive career. Any one who has matriculation education can become part of the group-IV service.
According to the newly published exam calendar exam notifications for Group-IV examinations are expected to be in June. Following the previous year trends nearly 10,000 vacancies are expecting. Candidates can expect the exams around September 2019.
Interested candidates with matriculation and below 30 years can apply for these posts through the PSC official website. Candidates who are new to the TNPSC exams should register themselves by paying a registration fees of Rs.150/ . Registration is valid for 5 years. After the successful registration candidates can apply for the Group-IV services (by June 2019).
After registration candidates has to pay Rs.100/ towards the application fees for the successful application. For more information candidates can check the official website. http://tnpscexams.in/
- For Village Administration Officer, Junior Assistant(Non – Security &
Security ), Bill Collector, Grade-I, Field Surveyor, Drafts-man – SSLC / Matriculation .
- For Field Surveyor, preference shall be given to those who are trained in survey in Industrial Training Institutes.
- Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination in Typewriting.
- Steno Typist – SSLC & Government Technical Examination both in Typewriting and in Shorthand .
- Village Administration Officer – 21 to 30 years
- Other Posts – 18 to 30 years
Age relaxation according to the state government norms are applicable. Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature.
OMR based examination followed by document verification is the prevailing screening method. According to the marks obtained in the written examination candidates get summoned for document verification and the counselling section.
Exam Pattern[ninja_tables id=”6008″]
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection for all Communities – 90 marks
- Question paper will be of matriculation / SSLC standard.
General Studies :
- General Science(Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
- Current Affairs
- Indian National Movement, History of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indian Economy & Polity
- Aptitude & Mental Ability
2. General English
- Authors and their Literary Works
Candidates can find more details on syllabus here
Previous Year Cut off:
Knowing the previous year cutoff will give us an idea about the level of competition.
Male Candidates:[ninja_tables id=”6010″]
Female Candidates:[ninja_tables id=”6011″]
- Village Administration Officer – Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/- + 2,400- G.P (Pay Band – 1) . In hand salary will be between Rs.18,000/ – Rs.19,000/.
- Junior Assistant (Non – Security & Security) – Rs.5,200 – 20,200/- + 2,400-G.P .
- Bill Collector, Grade-I , Field Surveyor – Rs.5,200 – 20,200/- + 2,400-G.P
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination.