TNPSC Combined Civil Services Exam Group-IV draws heavy attention among the job seekers. Comparatively easier examination and huge number of vacancies make this everyone;s favourite. Candidates with matriculation and below 30 years can apply for these group of posts. Group-IV examinations have only single stage written examination as the screening process.
Exam Pattern :
- General Studies
- Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy
- Magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light and sound.
- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts
- Fertilisers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system
- Environment, ecology, health and hygiene
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
- Latest events
- National symbols
- Profile of States- Eminent persons & places in news
- Sports & games-Books & authors
- Awards & honours’-India and its neighbours
- Problems in conduct of public elections,
- Political parties and political system in India,
- Public awareness & General administration,
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility:
- Geographical landmarks, Current socio-economic problems, Latest inventions on science & technology
- Earth and Universe-Solar system
- Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate-Water resources – rivers in India
- Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife
- Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography – population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis
- South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter
- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj
- Tamil Nadu
- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections
- Official language and Schedule- VIII
- Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms.
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programmers
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Conversion of information to data-Collection
- Compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data
- Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest- Area-Volume-Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
- Phrases & Meanings
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Prefix, Suffix
- Articles & Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Question tags, Tenses, Voice
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle ,Homophones
- Sentence correction
- Figures of speech observed in the Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems. ( Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116 )
- Questions on the Biography of ( Gandhi, Nehru , Bose,Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala, Dr.Salim Ali ,Rani of Jhansi , Mandela , Lincoln )
- Questions on Shakespeare’s ( Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116 )
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s (The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant )
- Dr.Karl Paulnack ( Music – The Hope Raiser ) etc
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus here
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination.