Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts the Forest Apprentice recruitment to find suitable graduates to the Tamil Nadu Forest Subordinate Service. Through the written tests, and physical tests TNPSC selects aspirants to the Forest Apprentice position on the pay scale of Rs 37,700 to Rs 1,19,500. Since the last recruitment notification was in 2018, we can expect the next TNPSC Forest Apprentice notification in the next couple of months.
TNPSC Forest Apprentice Eligibility 2021
Tamil Nadu PSC selects the Forest Apprentice Apprentices through direct recruitment under Tamil Nadu forest subordinate services. For the screening process, TNPSC conducts the tests across various centres like Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore and Villupuram. Let’s check the TNPSC Forest Apprentice Eligibility Criteria in detail.
Candidates age limit criteria to apply for the TNPSC Forest Apprentice post as of April 1, 2021, is:
|SL No||Candidates Category||Minimum Age
(must have completed)
(should not have completed)
|1||Ex-Servicemen (Irrespective of caste)||18 years||37 years|
||18 years||35 years|
|3||Others i.e Applicants not belonging to
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs, BCMs
and DWs of all castes
|18 years||30 years|
- Differently Abled Candidates are eligible for age concession up to 10 years over and above the given maximum age limit
- Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs who have put in five years and more of service in the Tamil Nadu State or Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit
TNPSC Forest Apprentice Educational Qualification
All candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in forestry or its equivalent degree from any UGC recognized Institution or University. Applicants having a Bachelor’s or its equivalent degree in any of the following subjects – Zoology / Wildlife Biology / Physics / Marine Biology / Horticulture / Geology / Environmental Science / Engineering (all engineering subjects including agricultural engineering) / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Chemistry / Botany / Animal husbandry and veterinary science / Agriculture are also eligible to apply.
- A candidate claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should
submit evidence for the same in the form of G.O. issued before the date of the notification, failing which their application will be summarily rejected.
- All candidates should know the Tamil language.
- Candidates should complete the above-prescribed qualification as of July 4, 2021.
- The educational qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies SSLC (Matriculation) + HSC (Plus Two) or its equivalent + U.G. degree
Forest Apprentice Physical Qualification
(not less than)
|Chest Measurement not less than (around the chest)|
|on full inspiration||on full expiration||Difference|
|Women||150 cms||84 cms||79 cms||5 cms|
|Men||163 cms||89 cms||84 cms||5 cms|
(not less than)
|Minimum height criteria for persons belonging to STs and races like Nepalese, Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Sikkimese, Assamese, Bhutanese, Kumoanis, Ladakhes, Mizo, Naga, Meghalaya, Lahaul and Spiti||Women||145 cms|
Tamil Nadu PSC may publish the Forest Apprentice 2021 recruitment notification by September 2021 with hundreds of vacant positions. Interested candidates should start their TNPSC Forest Apprentice preparations at the earliest to avoid the last-minute rush. With free mock tests, previous year question papers, study notes and video classes Entri arm up you for the exam. Download the TNPSC Forest Apprentice Syllabus and previous year question papers before starting the preparations to make yourself familiarize with the test.