Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission(TNPSC) has invited applications from interested candidates to vacant positions in Combined Civil Services Examination – 4 (Group-IV). This year the commission has invited applications for years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. The Group 4 posts included in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service, TamilNadu Secretariat Service and Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Services. The TNPSC Group 4 2019 selection is through a single-stage written examination. TNPSC Group 04 Typist, Junior Assistant and Bill Collector, Village Administrative Officer etc are selecting through the same recruitment test.
TNPSC Group 04 Typist Eligibility
- Candidates must have passed the S.S.L.C public examination(Matric Level) or its equivalent with eligibility for admission higher studies.
- Candidates must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting:
* by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and English (or) by Higher / Senior Grade in Tamil and Lower/ Junior Grade in English (or) by Higher / Senior Grade in English and Lower/ Junior Grade in Tamil.
- Knowledge of Tamil is necessary for considering the candidature.
|01||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyar), Scheduled Tribes and Destitute Widows of all castes||18 years||35 years|
|02||Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes and Backward Classes (Muslims)||18 years||32 years|
|03||Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs||18 years||30 years|
|04||For the persons who are trained in the Survey in ITI in Tamil Nadu, in respect of posts of Field Surveyor and Draftsman only||35 years|
- Age relaxation according to the state government norms is applicable.
- No maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all castes who possess the Educational Qualification which is higher than the Minimum General Educational Qualification.
TNPSC Group 04 Typist 2019 Important Dates
For the 2019 recruitment the number of Vacancies for :
- Typist – 1901
The selected candidates should be posted in either of the following Departments:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Judicial Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretarial Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretarial Service
TNPSC Group 04 Typist Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 04 Typist Selection Process includes single stage written examination followed by the document verification. There will not be any interview process. There will be separate cut off marks for male & female candidates and for different categories.
|Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection (All Communities)|
|Single Paper(S.S.L.C Standard) General Studies(75 nos) + Aptitude and Mental Ability Test(25 nos) + General Tamil/ General English(100 nos) = 200 Questions||
TNPSC Group 04 Typist Syllabus
- Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy
- Magnetism, electricity, and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
- Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
- Main Concepts of life science-Classification of the living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
- Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system
- Environment, ecology, health, and hygiene
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Latest events
- National symbols
- Profile of States- Eminent persons & places in the news
- Sports & games-Books & authors
- Awards & honours’-India and its neighbours
- Problems in conduct of public elections,
- Political parties and political system in India,
- Public awareness & General administration,
- Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
- Earth and Universe-Solar system
- Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate-Water resources – rivers in India
- Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife
- Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication
- Social geography – population-density and distribution
- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
- Geographical landmarks, Current socio-economic problems, Latest inventions on science & technology
History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis
- South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
- Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties
- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter
- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj
- Tamil Nadu
- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections
- Official language and Schedule- VIII
- Corruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, Lok-Adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms.
The candidates can find the detailed syllabus for the examination: TNPSC Group 04 Typist Syllabus.
- Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programmers
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Conversion of information to data-Collection
- Compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data
- Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest- Area-Volume-Time and Work.
- Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
- Phrases & Meanings
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Prefix, Suffix
- Articles & Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb
- Question tags, Tenses, Voice
- Infinitive, Gerund, Participle, Homophones
- Sentence correction
- Figures of speech observed in the Poems
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems. ( Where the mind is without fear – The Solitary Reaper – Going for water – A Psalm of Life – Be the Best – Sonnet No.116 )
- Biography of MahatmaGandhi, Nehru, Bose, Helen Keller, Kalpana Chawala, Dr.Salim Ali, Rani of Jhansi, Mandela, Lincoln
- Shakespeare’s Writings – Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) – Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) – Sonnet 116 )
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s (The Model Millionaire – The Selfish Giant )
- Dr.Karl Paulnack ( Music – The Hope Raiser ) etc
Candidates can find the detailed syllabus TNPSC Group 04 Typist Syllabus Click here to download free pdf of Junior Assistant and Bill Collector previous year question papers.
- TNPSC Group 04 2016: TNPSC Group 04 2016
- TNPSC Group 04 2014: TNPSC 2014
- TNPSC Group 04 2013: TNPSC 2013
- TNPSC Group 04 2011: TNPSC Group 04 2011
TNPSC Group 04 Typist Salary and Promotions
For TNPSC Group-04 Salary is in the pay band of Rs. 19500 – Rs. 62000/. The in-hand salary of TNPSC Group 04 Typist is in between Rs.18,000/ and Rs.19,000/, depending upon the posting area. Selected candidates will get different allowances like House Rent Allowance(HRA), Dearness Allowance(DA), etc.
- Dearness Allowance(DA) – 5% of Basic pay (Revised in every 6 months)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – Depends on the city you work
- City Allowance – Depends on the city you work ( For Chennai it is Rs.360/)
The deductions from the gross salary are:
- Contributory pension Scheme – 10% of your (Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance)
- Family Benefit fund – Rs.60
- New Health Insurance Scheme – Rs.180
The Typists are usually worked as the personal assistants of the higher officials. In judicial services, they will be working as court clerks. They are supposed to draft the court orders and other dictations by the Judges. Typists’ works usually come after that of Stenographers. Typists are entitled to draft the court orders, meeting minutes and all other clerical data to the system servers. They are responsible to maintain the department servers up to date. They will be appointed in the Legislative Assembly to keep the track of the proceedings. The Typists can appear for the departmental tests for promotions after 06 years of continuous services. They will get promoted to the Lower Division Clerical Cadre.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.