Table of Contents
Finding the best practical method to overcome the drift caused by pollution, climate change, spreading of the contagious disease, over emission of carbon dioxide and other poisonous gases, etc. is to go back to nature and to find solutions. Sustainable strategies prioritize the conservation and protection of the environment while giving ample importance to incorporating social and environmental factors for the long-term benefits of the entity without sacrificing the environmental goals.
Sustainable Building Design
The contemporary MEP engineering design or the building services design should consider sustainability as the key goal to flourish. Sustainable MEP designs can reduce the chance of environmental hazards and make this earth a better place to live. Sustainable building
design is also popularly known as green building design. It is to find a more suitable solution for the sustainable stability of the environment. Green building designs can reduce the environmental impact. It can help you to improve human living conditions by maximizing human comfort and making this world a stable environment to live in. Governmental and non-governmental organizations are trying to make use of natural alternatives while planning the building design. It can help you find better sources to use sustainable materials. The methods that can help you in the maintenance of the buildings should consider sustainability as the key factor. Here are the top MEP strategies that can be adopted for sustainable building designs.
Top MEP Strategies for Sustainable Building Design
The major focus of the MEP design is to make sustainability a reality. The MEP designs try to focus on sustainable construction. The reduction of waste and optimal use of natural resources can help the MEP design strategies to maintain a strictly sustainable aura.
Lowering the energy consumption
The MEP designs should lower the consumption of energy to save natural resources for the future. 25% of the energy used by commercial buildings comes from lighting sources whereas 35% of it is utilized by HVAC systems. It is important to prevent the over usage of the resources. It can be done by following some simple methods. For instance, you can make use of energy-efficiency policies.
- Conform to the state and national building codes
- Make use of motion sensors as an alternative for lighting fixtures.
- Motion sensors can be useful in one way or the other, while the lights will get turned on once a person walks out of that particular area and automatically turns off once the person moves out
- Try to make use of the eco-friendly bulbs
- Utilize the available eco-friendly light fixtures
- Make use of AI technology in HVAC BIM services.
- Find the best-automated processes to reduce energy consumption.
- Use the Internet of Things or IoT to predict the outside temperatures to adjust and monitor the indoor temperature.
Make use of the latest technology to assess human activity
You can utilize the technology to measure the levels of temperature and reduce the overconsumption of resources
- Reduce heat loss by installing ventilation systems
and water management
- Learn to make use of the proper water management systems. A building design would probably utilize 33% of energy on water heating. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions is the need of the hour.
- An efficiently managed hot water system can decrease greenhouse gas emissions. By utilizing the technology, greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced to 80%.
- Finding the best water management strategies can help reduce the overconsumption of resources and the chances of polluting the environment
Make use of the gas hot water system
Another alternative is the hot water system
- Make the best use of the electric heat pump hot water system too.
- Use the smart plumbing design to reduce the amount of water runoff from a building.
- Invest more in rainwater harvesting design to promote saving natural resources
- Make use of filtered kitchen wastewater for toilet flushing and irrigation purposes.
- The grey water systems can save more water
- Utilize the AAA-rated showers which can produce around 9 liters of water per minute
- To reduce the utilization of water consumption, use low-flow fixtures
- Promote the use of low-flow toilets which can save water per flush.
Find suitable energy alternatives
It is important to find a more suitable and less harmful energy resource alternative. BIM technology can help us to explore and plan alternative energy plans. It can help you to reduce carbon footprints.
- Make use of solar panels
- Utilize geothermal, solar, and wind sources to reduce the excess emission of carbon dioxide.
- Improve the solar panel efficiency by installing solar collectors
- Utilise wind turbine technology
- Find a better source to invest in geothermal heating
- Make use of the cooling system
- Invest more in daylight harvesting systems.
Use sustainable building materials
Finding the best site where you can make use of the natural resources in their best way without disturbing the natural existence is the key step to sustainability. MEP services can be designed for bringing out energy efficiency.
- Make sure to find the ample amount of materials required for the construction
- Select equipment of the desired size what is required is only needed.
- Make use of recycled materials for the interiors
- Use double-glazed windows which can help in insulation of the building
- It is important to use the light colored roofs
- Utilise roof vents
- Reduce a load of AC by effectively utilizing the window shading
- Allow natural lighting which could reduce the cost of additional lighting cost
Plan enduring building life along with easy maintenance strategies
Find the best MEP systems available to reduce maintenance costs. You need to find the best possible ways to reduce the cost in the long run.
- Finds materials of lower maintenance cost
- Utilize the passive design elements
- MEP systems should be customized to increase the efficiency
- Keep the maintenance requirements simple and easy.
- Make sure that spatial access to MEP systems is easy
- Sustainable progress can be tracked with the help of the installation of meters
- Smart mechanical design strategies shouldn’t be expensive. It should be cost-effective.
The MEP engineers can design the best possible and high-quality designs with experienced partners. Promoting sustainable strategies is the best way to promote growth and development.
Entri App can help you to learn MEP courses within a limited period. You can start designing with a sustainable development plan and be one with nature. The MEP course will be provided by expert mentors with quality time experience. You can learn in a flexible space without pressure. You can learn the nuances of MEP with the help of the Entri expert team. The Entri team will help you to have tremendous growth in your career.
|What is MEP||MEP Engineer Salary|
|Benefits of BIM for MEP Engineers||MEP Books|
|Our Other Courses|
|MEP Course||Quantity Surveying Course||Montessori Teachers Training Course|
|Performance Marketing Course||Practical Accounting Course||Yoga Teachers Training Course|