Current affairs are one of the inevitable and compulsive topics in almost every competitive examination. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for comprehending these current affairs sections. This article has provided the top weekly current affairs from October 25 to October 31, 2021, which will help all aspirants improve scores in their competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 October 25 to 31
Here is the list of top current affairs of the week October 25 to 31, 2021, which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking, etc.
Kerala Kalamandalam Announces Awards 2020
- Kerala Kalamandalam deemed to be university announced fellowships, awards, and endowments for the year 2020.
- Koodiyattam expert Ammannur Parameswaran(Kuttan) Chakyar and Kathakali Sangeetham maestro Cherthala Thankappa Panicker won the fellowships that carry a cash award of ₹50,000, citation and Ponnada.
- Critic KB Raj Anand won the M K K award for overall contribution while Kalamandalam Aiswarya K A won the Young talent award.
South Korea inaugurated World’s largest Hydrogen fuel cell power plant
- The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of South Korea held that the ‘Shinincheon Bitdream Fuel Cell Power Plant’ at the Shinincheon Bitdream headquarters of Korea Southern Power in Seo-gu, Incheon has been completed and inaugurated.
- The power plant is operated by South Korea’s independent power production company, POSCO Energy and Doosan Fuel Cell.
- It has a capacity of 78 MW constructed in four stages from 2017.
- The project cost about 340 billion won ($292 million).
India-UK conducts maiden Tri-Service exercise ‘Konkan Shakti 2021’
- The Armed Forces of India and the United Kingdom (UK) are undertaking the sea phase of the maiden Tri-Service exercise ‘Konkan Shakti 2021’ off the Konkan coast in the Arabian Sea from October 24 to 27, 2021.
- The harbour phase of the seven-day exercise was held in Mumbai from October 21 to 23, 2021.
- The exercise Konkan Shakti 2021 aims at further strengthening the cooperation between the two countries.
India’s first state-owned Wildlife DNA testing facility unveiled in Nagpur
- India’s first state government-owned Wildlife DNA analysis laboratory has been inaugurated at Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL) in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Currently there are two central government-owned Wildlife DNA laboratories. These are located at Dehradun and Hyderabad.
Government approves reappointment of Shaktikanta Das as Governor of RBI for three-year term
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the reappointment of Shaktikanta Das as the Governor of Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) for a further period of three years with effect from December 10, 2021.
- Mr. Das assumed the charge as the 25th governor of RBI on December 12, 2018 for three years.
- Before his appointment at RBI, Das served as a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
Facebook Inc. Rebrands Corporate name as ‘Meta’
- Mark Zuckerberg-owned Facebook Inc has changed the corporate name of the world’s largest social media platform to “Meta” to “reflect its emphasis on building the metaverse vision”
- However, the names of the flagship social network will remain the same.
- With the change in the name, ‘Meta Platforms, Inc. will henceforth be called as the parent organisation of Facebook and its subsidiaries (Instagram, Messenger, Whatsapp, Oculus, Workplace, etc.)
Maharashtra becomes first state launch its own Wildlife Action Plan
- Maharashtra has become the first state in the country to release its own Wildlife Action plan (2021-30).
- The new plan will be a guiding document to frame an action plan for wildlife conservation over the next 10 years.
- The Wildlife Action plan (2021-30) recognises concerns about climate change impacts on wildlife, coastal ecosystems, marine biodiversity, flora and fauna.
Padma Shri awardee eminent oncologist M Krishnan Nair passes away
- Eminent oncologist Dr M Krishnan Nair has passed away following age-related ailments. He was 81.
- Dr Nair was the founder-director of the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram.
- He was known for setting up one of the largest comprehensive cancer centres in the country.
- In 2001 the Government of India awarded Dr Nair with Padma Shri (the fourth highest civilian award) for his contributions in the cancer care field.
Vimukthi Mission launches project
- In a major initiative to wean schoolchildren away from the growing scourge of alcohol, narcotics and substance abuse, the Vimukthi Mission, under the Excise Department, is launching a project to channelise the energy of students into creative pursuit of arts and sports, besides helping them improve their academic performance.
- The project named Unarvu will be carried out in association with Parent Teacher Associations of schools, representatives of civic bodies, and residents associations besides traders and businesspeople of the locality.
- To begin with, the project will select four schools from each of the 14 districts of the State.
Surat wins award for best public transport, Kochi gets sustainable tag
- Surat won the award for the city with the best public transport system, while Kochi was judged the city with the most sustainable transport system by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- The awards were given out by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri at the end of the day-long Urban Mobility India conference here.
- Delhi received the award for the city with the best non-motorised transport system for the Chandni Chowk redevelopment project.
- Delhi also won the best Metro passenger services and satisfaction award, while Nagpur’s multi-modal integration with Metro rail was found to be the best in the country.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice the daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide a free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.